Alien vs. Predator 2 Scheduled for 2007

BEER said:
The isolating it to one Predator vs. Aliens is the only problem I have with the first... and the second it appears. Needs more pack-hunting action dammit!

Budget. Constraints.

Bishop2 said:
Budget. Constraints.
Yes. I. Got. That. Point.

Am I supposed to accept everything because of "budget constraints"? You're using that to cover every argument and complaint. I get it, they had a low budget. I'm not going to burn that in my head so I think it was the best crap ever since they had no budget. I'm just saying, my biggest problem was lack of multi-Predator action. Budget killed it? Ok. Still don't like it.

Also, I'm not trying to start an argument, just complaining. :p

BEER said:
Am I supposed to accept everything because of "budget constraints"? You're using that to cover every argument and complaint. I get it, they had a low budget. I'm not going to burn that in my head so I think it was the best crap ever since they had no budget. I'm just saying, my biggest problem was lack of multi-Predator action. Budget killed it? Ok. Still don't like it.

Fair enough. I'm just saying that until Fox decides that there's enough demand to justify them ponying up for more Predators and Aliens, what can you do, you know? I just try to set my expectations realistically.

The "Unrated" DVD of AVP mentions that there were originally five predators in the action down in Antarctica, and they had to cut two out before they got to filming. I mean, damn. That's a loss of almost 50%.

Bishop2 said:
Fair enough. I'm just saying that until Fox decides that there's enough demand to justify them ponying up for more Predators and Aliens, what can you do, you know? I just try to set my expectations realistically.

The "Unrated" DVD of AVP mentions that there were originally five predators in the action down in Antarctica, and they had to cut two out before they got to filming. I mean, damn. That's a loss of almost 50%.
Yeah, I read that somewhere. That would have kicked so much ass. :(:up:

You know, I often wonder how long it'll be before Fox decides to remake Alien. Horror remakes are all the rage lately, and I bet that audiences will probably only pay out for one or two more AVPs... I figure it's almost inevitable that Alien will get remade (and Predator as well, though that will probably take a little longer).

Bishop2 said:
You know, I often wonder how long it'll be before Fox decides to remake Alien. Horror remakes are all the rage lately, and I bet that audiences will probably only pay out for one or two more AVPs... I figure it's almost inevitable that Alien will get remade (and Predator as well, though that will probably take a little longer).
I'm sure there will be another of each first though. Like how Freddy vs. Jason was supposed to restart both series, and they are making a new Jason film already. If AVP2 makes enough they may shell out a small budget for a new Aliens movie and a Predator movie.... with The Rock! :p:D

Bishop2 said:
It basically can't be done because of budget constraints. People complain about the first AVP not having enough predators or aliens... budget constraints. People complain that it was set on earth in the modern day... budget constraints. People complain that too many practical effects were used, reducing the fights to extreme close-ups... BUDGET CONSTRAINTS. The movie was pretty awesome, I thought, especially considering what they had to work with.

Seriously guys, it's going to take something HUGE for them to ever be willing to shell out for a futuristic AVP rife with special effects.
Aliens(1986) had space marines AND was set in the future! How is that possible????

Fox spent a measly $60 million on Alien vs Predator. The movie made 175 million worldwide not counting DVD sales despite the fact that it was cheap and sucked!

175 million dollars not including DVD sales and tv rights. Are you telling me of the $250+ million AvP will eventually make they couldn't afford to add space marines or set it in the future???

Revenge of the Sith, Artifical Intelligence, The Chronicles of Riddick and Starship Troopers each cost $100 million. Fox couldve easily spent that much on an Alien vs Predator movie and still made a $150 million profit.

Are you telling me a $150+ million profit wouldn't justify making a far better movie? A better movie will make people want to go to the movies. A better movie means more people will go see the sequels. A better movie means making even more money on box office sales, dvd sales, tv rights and merchandise.. Being cheap is bad for business so stop using budget constraints as an excuse! Yes, ou could spend less to make Star Wars: A New Hope but you miss out on a multi-billion dollar franchise. DUMB! DUMB! DUMB!

BTW- You lose all credibility when you say you ENJOYED AvP. No true fan of the originals would ever enjoy that P.O.S..

blind_fury said:
Aliens(1986) had space marines AND was set in the future! How is that possible????

For one thing, there was no CGI budget to worry about. They could get away with using suits that no one would accept today. And of course, god only knows what their budget would be today adjusted for inflation.

And for reasons totally unknown to me, studios only seem to care about/count DOMESTIC profits when they tally up their successes/failures. International grosses are something they rarely seem to consider, and I wish I knew why. Maybe it's because they figure international grosses will cover marketing costs and other "not-included" budget pressures?

But you got me thinking about this, and it probaly is at least POSSIBLE to set it in the future... really, the answer is simple - either put it in a "desert world" or put it entirely aboard a spaceship, and you could pull it off within budget.

BTW- You lose all credibility when you say you ENJOYED AvP. No true fan of the originals would ever enjoy that P.O.S..

That's I-2! You're well on your way to an argument-losing Bingo!

internetargument.jpg

blind_fury said:
Well then, I guess Cameron wasn't a fan of the originals...

Danger Mouse said:
Well then, I guess Cameron wasn't a fan of the originals...
He's the exception, not the rule.

Besides I don't really believes he respects AvP on an artistic level but enjoyed it in the way people enjoy watching contestants bomb on American Idol.

blind_fury said:
He's the exception, not the rule.

Besides I don't really believes he respects AvP on an artistic level but enjoyed it in the way people enjoy watching contestants bomb on American Idol.
The guy rated it third of the 5 films. Third, right after his and Scott's.

According to The Man himself:

Numero Uno: Cameron's (he didn't say it, but duh!!)
Second: Scott's
Third: Anderson's
Fourth/Fifth: Fincher/Jeunet's

That's quite a testimonial, for a person who enjoyed it in the way people enjoy watching contestants bomb on American Idol.

Danger Mouse said:
The guy rated it third of the 5 films. Third, right after his and Scott's.

According to The Man himself:

Numero Uno: Cameron's (he didn't say it, but duh!!)
Second: Scott's
Third: Anderson's
Fourth/Fifth: Fincher/Jeunet's

That's quite a testimonial, for a person who enjoyed it in the way people enjoy watching contestants bomb on American Idol.
Well George Lucas likes Jar Jar so I guess that means creators sometimes can't relate to the fans. I still say a true fan of the original trilogy shouldn't like Jar Jar and a true fan of Predator shouldn't like AvP.

People have different tastes. You probably like things other people don't. Doesn't mean you aren't a "true fan," whatever that is. There are many kinds of fans, you know? The ultimate short of it is that you don't get to decide what makes a fan and what doesn't.

And I seriously can't believe anyone still uses the "true fans" argument.

MUSTs for this movie/rematch:

1-Either the Aliens or the Predator MUST win. Humans winning (like last time) is NOT an option.

2-There MUST be Marines. There were Marines in both "Predator" and "Aliens", they are their recurring theme.

3-Bill Paxton MUST be in this movie (he faced both Aliens AND The Predator).

4-The Predator MUST hunt the Aliens on their own. Ifa human shows up asking for mercy, KILL HIM.

5-It MUST be set in space.

6-There MUST NOT be any kind of stupd ****, like that "Predalien" from the first one's ending (WTF was up with that? If an Alien impregnates a humans, does the chest-burster come out looking like a human being?Huh?).

7-It MUST be rated R.

8-The producers MUST be people who worked on previous Alien and Predator movies .

9-There MUST NOT be any stupid nicknames for the Aliens and Predators. They are nameless killing machines, they don't need ******ed monikers like "Scar" or "Grid".

10-The themes from the Alien movies and the Predator movies MUST be used in the soundtrack.

thealiasman2000 said:
2-There MUST be Marines. There were Marines in both "Predator" and "Aliens", they are their recurring theme.

Was Dutch's team actually marines? I got the impression they were just Army, albeit a Special Forces unit.

3-Bill Paxton MUST be in this movie (he faced both Aliens AND The Predator).

And he's dead already - twice! So I wouldn't want to screw up continuity by bringing him back. :p

4-The Predator MUST hunt the Aliens on their own. Ifa human shows up asking for mercy, KILL HIM.

That would pretty obviously break their code of honor as established by the first two films.

6-There MUST NOT be any kind of stupd ****, like that "Predalien" from the first one's ending (WTF was up with that? If an Alien impregnates a humans, does the chest-burster come out looking like a human being?Huh?).

Actually, yes - the Aliens who hatch from humans are bipedal in nature BECAUSE they hatch from humans. This is established in Alien 3, when the Alien hatches from a dog and takes on a very different body structure because of its host. Which, in turn, ties into Alien Resurrection, where we see that the DNA-mixing that occurs between host and alien in turn allows them to clone a host who still has the alien inside!

8-The producers MUST be people who worked on previous Alien and Predator movies .

All the producers from the previous films had to sign on the concept for AVP because of rights issues, according to the features on the DVD. Note that John Davis, Gordon Carroll and David Giler were all producers on AVP as well as the other films (Davis for the Predator movies, Carroll and Giler for all four Aliens).

9-There MUST NOT be any stupid nicknames for the Aliens and Predators. They are nameless killing machines, they don't need ******ed monikers like "Scar" or "Grid".

They are NEVER called by any nicknames even once in AVP. Those are off-screen names only, no different than calling the beast at the end of AR the "Newborn" or something.

UI have no problem with Paul ws anderson picking up where he left off.. some of his visuals are very good.. but dude..let the gore happen..its what the movies are about.

1-Right, BILL PAXTON died while filming "Predator 2". Then he magically came back to life, and then died again in "Aliens".

Do you even KNOW the difference between character and actor?

2-No nicknames, period. They are remorseless killing machines from outer space, not rodeo clowns.

3-I think you are mistaking The Aliens with The Thing.

The Aliens are naturally bipedal.

thealiasman2000 said:
2-No nicknames, period. They are remorseless killing machines from outer space, not rodeo clowns.

Did you even read a word of what Bishop said? Those are OFF SCREEN NAMES. They aren't called by those names in the Movies. They are only using them so the people know who you're talking about.

I just saw the first one and I didn't think it was as bad as everyone says. It was nowhere near Alien, Aliens or Predator but it wasn't that bad IMO.
If they move the setting to a big city and bring in the military it could be pretty cool. Setting it on another planet with a military crew from the company in the middle of the fight would be cool too.

AvP only requires 2 things to be good.

1 - It must be R rated.

2 - A script not written by Paul W. Anderson.

thealiasman2000 said:
1-Right, BILL PAXTON died while filming "Predator 2". Then he magically came back to life, and then died again in "Aliens".

The hundreds-of-years difference makes it easily explainable as a descendant, same as with Charles Weyland and "Bishop II" in Alien 3.

What about when they called the aliens "bugs" in Aliens and Alien 3? Did that piss you off too?

If there are no nicknames ANYWHERE in the official canon, I fail to see the problem.

Nathan said:
AvP only requires 2 things to be good.
2 - A script not written by Paul W. Anderson.

This script WASN'T written by PWSA... and it sure as hell sounds far, far worse than the first AVP to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"