Aliens: Colonial Marines - Part 1

Let's discuss the new next-gen Aliens game coming out in 2009.
Game Informer has a cover story on this game. I haven't gotten my issue yet.
I might get this game depending on if it's just a shoot-em up (yes) or a horror (no). I don't like horror games which is why I don't want Bioshock.
I personally hope it's like AVP for the PC where there's multiple stories (one for Marines & one for Aliens) & online multiplayer.

EDIT: Crap I wanted this to be in the Multiplatform section. If a mod reads this please put it in there.

The problem is that lots of companies use misleading advertizing, but are never called out on it. For example:

09%20Burger%20King%20-%20Whopper%20Ad-Size1.jpg

01%20Taco%20Bell%20-%20Taco%201.jpg

All advertizing idealizes the product, of course, but its interesting that companies seem to be losing the distinction between making the product look good and outright lying.

It's not just looks with this game though. It pays like crap too. At least the burgers actually taste good. This game is more like "...look at how smooshed the burger looks...now imagine if you replaced all the burger fillings with moldy equivalents...then they took a big old deuce right in the middle there..."

It's not just looks with this game though. It pays like crap too. At least the burgers actually taste good. This game is more like "...look at how smooshed the burger looks...now imagine if you replaced all the burger fillings with moldy equivalents...then they took a big old deuce right in the middle there..."
It'd be like if you put a turd (deuce? :woot:) in the burger, removed the bread, removed the burger and any other filling.

Yes, deuce = doo doo butter...much like this game. Such a bummer too. Gearbox is so talented and the Aliens property is just screaming to be made into an awesome co-op game :(

I don't think they're talented at all. They got lucky with Borderlands than they just repeated the formula with Borderlands 2 which I couldn't even finish I was so bored with it. I know the Brother in Arms games are good but that was like 10 years ago

I wouldn't go that far but I agree in a way. It's not like they've had a string of hits and had one semi-disappointment. They've had a modest number of hits and been largely responsible for 2 huge turkeys.

Is this game at least worth a rental?

if youre a huge fan of aliens then sure why not

I want to play it out of curiosity and to get back into the Aliens universe but I'll wait a few years and get it used. Same as for Duke Nukem which I want to play but still have a few more years to wait. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"