All Hypsters that can help please do so...trying publish comic

BAH HUMBBUG!

There's an invisible man
Reaction score
I just finished my first comic and sent it off for submission to Dark Horse comics. I know other comics book companies accept submissions as well but some are pickier than others. Image will accept art portfolios or written scripts IF they are accompanied by art. They will not accept just comic book scripts.

Can you guys help me find the comic book publishers that do accept just written scripts. Please.

I would greatly appreciate any and all help from fellow hypsters.

Thanks. :up:

I just finished my first comic and sent it off for submission to Dark Horse comics. I know other comics book companies accept submissions as well but some are pickier than others. Image will accept art portfolios or written scripts IF they are accompanied by art. They will not accept just comic book scripts.

Can you guys help me find the comic book publishers that do accept just written scripts. Please.

Good luck. Every one I have found wants art, just about. Google comic publishers and just start going down the list looking at their guidelines.

The problem with creator owned work is, they expect the creator to do all the work. Meaning, getting your own artist and such.

my friend and I are working on a comic too. he is writing and I'm doing the art. so I wish you the best of luck! I hope you get picked up. both for you, and because it will give me hope!

Thanks for the input so far guys. I have a friend that is an amazing artist but she's pretty busy right now working with a few of her friends on some other projects so it just seems like a lot to ask her to draw.

Plus with this submission I don't think it is my best work. But I have several other stories that I plan on finishing and submitting back to back when I am done.

But more than likely they will be artist free.

Let me ask, are you trying to get the story published or just trying to get your foot into the door at some company? Most companies will accept just scripts written for their characters.

Both, get my foot in the door and get my own work published.

Well from what I have seen the companies that I have come across do not accept written submissions for their own characters.

Image says specifically they do not, as well as Dark Horse, Oni Press, Marvel and Image.

AH HA! Marvel does accept submissions, but it also sounds like they will steal your idea and screw you out of it by having to sign their contract form.

But hell, at least they accept them.

You're better off getting it self published and shipping it around a few cons yourself.

Get yourself a table and sell the comic and give away free preview work- stuff like that.

It's a long and slow process but it's fun and you get to meet other people to work with.

Definitely get your self to some cons. Also be patient. Be prepared for your original work to get shifted to the back burner and be prepared to do some less advantageous work.

I've been trying to get a comic published for several months and it can be discouraging to say the least.

Good luck on your comic publisher hunt. You'll need it. :up:

All I need is an artist and got an idea I want to try.

Good luck with yours man.

if you were to get together with someone who could do art i'd suggest this site
http://store.comixpress.com/

it'll print out out copies of your work and send them to you to seel on. also they sell your books on the site...but then again thats only if you got an artist...so really i've been no help:huh:

You're better off getting it self published and shipping it around a few cons yourself.

Get yourself a table and sell the comic and give away free preview work- stuff like that.

It's a long and slow process but it's fun and you get to meet other people to work with.

That's the way to go. Make your way to a small press comics show like APE (Alternative Press Expo) in California, the Small Press Expo (SPX) in Virginia, MOCCA art festival in New York City, or SPACE (Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo) in Ohio. See what other people are doing, it is a great motivator.

I have had a great comic/cartoon idea for ages but I can't do the art :(

That's the way to go. Make your way to a small press comics show like APE (Alternative Press Expo) in California, the Small Press Expo (SPX) in Virginia, MOCCA art festival in New York City, or SPACE
(Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo) in Ohio. See what other people are doing, it is a great motivator.

Yeah Nov 1-2 in Frisco this year. I'm going. :up:

Also to everyone else thanks for the help and support I appreciate it and good luck to all of you as well. :up:

Yeah Nov 1-2 in Frisco this year. I'm going. :up:

Cool beans! Be on the lookout for my friends from the Boston Comics Roundtable. I have a story in the upcoming issue of their anthology series Inbound. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"