Alpha Flight Movie?

zachthegeek

Civilian
Reaction score
How would you feel about an Alpha Flight movie in the MCU? Maybe this could be where’d we’d see Wolverine. I’d be interested in a plot where, after A4, the world tries to build their own super teams like the Avengers. This could lead to teams like Alpha Flight, Winter Guard, Excalibur or M-13, etc. Maybe this would even lead to the Thunderbolts, if the US govt would want a team they could control more than the Avengers. I’d like a Wendigo story for AF, or maybe even a Hulk crossover to get that Hulk v Wolverine action. What do you think?

Too early. Maybe for phase 6or ,7. What they need to do is with newer franchises like F4, XM and As is to focus on them and not get too excited launching too many new franchises within the MCU.

Why not

Marvel said they have 20 films planed for after Avengers 4

We have no clue what 17 of them are

I think an Alpha Flight movie would be great.

I've already said before that for the twins Northstar and Aurora I'd cast Joe Jonas and Camilla Belle

joe-jonas-camilla-belle-larchmont-lovers-10.jpg

joe-jonas-320-1.jpg

They look uncannily similar to each other and more like brother and sister than ex bf and gf.

Not sure whom I would cast for Guardian.

Snowbird needs a Cate Blanchett/ Elizabeth Debicki ethereal type, but both of those have already been used up in the MCU. Not sure who else is like them.

I also think that an Alpha Flight movie should feature that whole scene from Incredible Hulk #181 where Wolverine appears for the very first time to fight the Hulk and Wendigo.

That could be just a cameo from both Wolverine and Hulk, with Alpha Flight actually sent to capture Wendigo, but getting more than they bargained for. Then they could later try to recruit Wolverine at the end of the movie.

Maybe it will end with Wolverine telling them to go **** yourself. :o

I would love an Alpha Flight Movie.

I'm dying to see Northstar but I just don't see how alpha flight would work. It's just not different enough from the avengers to get people in.

Maybe as a cameo in a wolverine flick?

Why not

Marvel said they have 20 films planed for after Avengers 4

We have no clue what 17 of them are

I don't know if they are including more than one sequel for projects as if they did that it would take up a big chunk of the list.

YES! I have thought a lot about this.

- Alpha Flight would be a movie about a fumbling, shoddy, Canadian knock off of the avengers. As a Canadian the concept of a crappy low budget Canadian version of something is very familiar.

- James MacDonald Hudson would be an insecure wannabe Tony Stark. Imagine a toned down Micheal Scott. For years he worked on a battle suit for Roxxon but he could never get it off the ground. After age of Ultron, Department H recovered some crashed Ultron bots and Hudson reverse engineered the Stark-tech. That's how he got his battle suit but he just stole the tech. Its the big secret that is burning him up. Not even Heather Hudson knows.

- Alpha Flight is a government initiative designed as a response to the Sokovia Accords and Canada's Arctic sovereignty concerns. The team doesn't even know each other. They don't work well together.

- The team is Guardian, Northstar, Aurora, Sasquatch, Puck, and Shaman. Heather is every present and clearly more competent than Mac but she doesn't join till Alpha Flight 2. Snowbird could be in there but I feel like her origin is so mystical that it would probably dominate the story.

- "hey my name, how about 'Vindicator!'?" - "What are you 'Vindicating'?" - "Well, what are the Avengers avenging!?"

- Sasquatch is essentially the product of an attempt to replicate the Hulk.

- Shaman is a wizard in a similar tradition to Dr. Strange.

- Aurora and Northstar are mutants. Professor Xavier is called in to consult with the government on mutants. This would be a great way to introduce mutants, and Xavier, to the MCU.

- At some point Tony Stark is also called in to advise on super teams. Mac is angry because he is terrified of having Tony Stark come and pick apart his operation and because he feels so insecure compared to him. Also he is worried Stark will notice the similarities between the Guardian suit and his Iron Man armor. Tony ends up pulling out and sending Bruce Banner instead. Then Mac is even more mad because he feels insulted and slighted.

- Of course the Hulk has to fight Wolverine at some point.

- The team is just a giant cluster-f***. Mac is a bad leader and everyone just fights. The government barley funds them and they have no idea what they are doing. They cause massive damage to public places. Mac wants so bad to be the Avengers but they just aren't there.

- In the end I think Mac could die because the battle suit's power cells rupture. Heather has to take command and manages to pull it together.

Recently they've been tied to Captain Marvel quite heavily and they seem to have somewhat replaced SWORD. It's possible that would be the direction they would go for in the MCU, as it's more different than their traditional story.
latest

I've always been a big fan of Alpha Flight and would love to see them in live action form, but I think they might work better as a Disney+ series rather than on the big screen. Disney+ is a great place to put some of the more peripheral characters and teams in my opinion, and will keep the Marvel movie slate from becoming overcrowded.

I remember reading on these boards back in late 2017/early 2018 about introducing Wolverine via his encounter with the Hulk or Alpha Flight. It could work but at this point with Eternals being announced I think "SHIP" is an artificial intelligence base for X-Factor to reside in. So yeah, i think X-Factor would be a fun idea as well. It would be a great link to not only Apocalypse but Eternals and the whole MCU as well.

I don't think we will see any Marvel Studio's developed characters beyond the core X-Men team based movie before 2026 though... However, with Fox merging maybe there'll be some influence. Time will tell I suppose.

As long as Wolverine debuts after Marvel's first X-Men, Id be perfectly fine with that.

because if from the thousands of mutants Marvel can use, they introduce Wolverine first, after 17 years of Wolverine overexposure at Fox, they can go to hell

An Alpha Flight movie would be great. For Northstar and Aurora I say cast Joe Jonas and Camilla Belle. I know they were dating before, but maybe not now. But they looked more like brother and sister or even twins. And they look like the characters.

"I think it's a good idea to cast a couple that broke up to play this brother and sister duo."

anyway.gif

I really do hope in the aftermath of Endgame we have more governments stepping up to protect there countries since their are currently no Avengers. Russia with the Winter Guard, Canada with Alpha Flight, UsA with the Thunderbolts ect

Why do we assume there are no Avengers?

I would hope there are plans to put together a New Avengers teams consisting of members new and old.

In universe there are no Avengers, Hulks crippled, Cap, Tony are dead, Panther runs a country, Carol's in space as well as Thor, Lang and Hope probably wanna relax ect. Im sure eventually we'll see a new team

Endgame ended with all of them together at Tony's funeral. How does that tell u exactly there 'are no Avengers'? lol

just because all of them have their own lifes and corners doeant mean there isnt a team. Thats basically the whole approach of Marvel Studios. Each hero has their own movie/villains/family/mates... and then they all meet again on the big event. As simple as that

AGENT MARIA HILL
Sir, how does it work now? They've gone their separate ways, some pretty extremely far. We get into a situation like this again, what happens then?

NICK FURY
They'll come back.

AGENT MARIA HILL
You really sure about that?

NICK FURY
I am.

AGENT MARIA HILL
Why?

NICK FURY
Because we'll need them to.

-------------

I like the idea of governments around the world getting into the act of making their own teams and I won't be shocked if it takes a while before we see the Avengers in an official capacity again, but there's absolutely no logical reason to assume that Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Thor, Spider-man, Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Winter Soldier, War Machine, etc, are just plain 'out'. No moreso than Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk, etc, were 'out' after Avengers 1.

The Avengers in the MCU are more like the Defenders in the comics, or at least how the Defenders were originally conceived. They were a non team who only came together when needed in emergencies, otherwise they went their separate ways in between. The Avengers aren't like their comic counterpart where they all live together in a mansion and train together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"