Alright let's talk about tonight's ep "Pariah"

The Incredible Hulk

Bad Hombre
Reaction score
I know it's not on for 5 hours, but the forum is starting to degenerate into the same ol, same ol...

What's your expectations for the show tonight? Outside of the spoilers that you know already... Personally I'm really looking forward to seeing Clark catch the car myself :up:

Here's the link to the trailer:

http://www.devotedtosmallville.com/files/smallville/trailers/season4/412.wmv

and then that 30 second clip of awkwardness:

http://www.thewb.com/exclude/MediaCenter/MediaPlayer/1,17761,,00.wvx?clipName=SM412-Clip_300k

Im really excited for this episode. I think cuz I want to see him catch a car. Actually, I'm more excited to see how (you know who) finding out, handles the knowledge.

All I have to say is, you lucky f**ks! I have to wait a day or 2 I think till it comes on the net so I can download it. :(

Hehe, I guess we'll find out tonight of Alicia is really psychotic or not. My guess is that Clark THINKS she went psycho again but it was probably something else. She ends up leaving Clark because of the mis-trust, leading to another possible future cameo.

A lot to assume being that the episode is 4.3 hours away.

-Mike

Mike_D said:
...A lot to assume being that the episode is 4.3 hours away.
Agreed! There is a lot to assume about this ep, and not much concrete to sink our boots into. The big spoiler is cool, but nobody knows if Alicia is really bonkers or not, or if she makes it out of the ep in one piece. Personally, I love the chemistry between her and Clark, so I hope they don't off her at the end. Quite frankly, if she's "cured," I wouldn't mind seeing her character develop further and hook up with Bart and his new "club." LOL

[ducks]

target.gif

Oh stop! I knew people would throw tomatoes at that suggestion. LOL

I'm thrilled the sheriff is back! I don't know why but I love it when she chews out Clark.

I can't stand that sheriff! She makes my skin crawl for some reason. :eek:

I am so curious to see how they resolve Alicia's story.. and how Clark resolves his feelings for her. If she truly tricks him into showing Chloe his powers, then that's a betrayal I don't think he can forgive.. or should.

I think they've done a really great job with the character of Alicia.. she's one of the best they've had.. but I still think she needs just a *few* more therapy sessions. ;) (with a new doctor, of course!)

darkzombiemutt said:
Im really excited for this episode. I think cuz I want to see him catch a car. Actually, I'm more excited to see how (you know who) finding out, handles the knowledge.

:up:

Same here. You know who reacting I will be very curious to see...

Are you folks getting the ep pre-empted or delayed due to the State of the Union?

It's on at the same time here but it's not getting pre-empted, luckily.

I guess our WB affiliate has decided not to show the SOTU....

triplet said:
Are you folks getting the ep pre-empted or delayed due to the State of the Union?
RATS! I forgot about that. If they preempt in Boston, I'm gonna be PISSED!!

Oh, and BTW... totally OFF TOPIC, but Variety *just* announced Star Trek: Enterprise has bit the big one. UPN axed it. It's history folks. RIP. :(

oh crap! They better not pre-empt the episode! I had no idea that was going on tonight. I'll be ultra pissed if it happens.

AgentPat said:
RATS! I forgot about that. If they preempt in Boston, I'm gonna be PISSED!!

The Right Coasters and Central time people don't have anything to worry about, the SOTU is on after Smallville.

It's the Western and Mountain time zones that would have to worry. My affiliate isn't carrying the SOTU, so I'm OK, but I was wondering if anyone else was going to have the problem.

AgentPat said:
Oh, and BTW... totally OFF TOPIC, but Variety *just* announced Star Trek: Enterprise has bit the big one. UPN axed it. It's history folks. RIP. :(

Crap. It was getting better this season too...

Did they say if they'd complete the season?

*whew*.. Just checked..we're still a go here in Chicagoland. You had me worried!

SOTU.. I'll give them a SOTU.. grrrrr...

Whew, Im in Minneapolis, I guess I'm safe.

Too bad about Enterprise, it was an ok show, sounds like they get to finish the season off, then thats it.

ARRRRGH! Just got a call.. I've got something unavoidable to do tonight.. right at the end of SV! I know it'll be TiVO'd and I'll just have to watch it a little later this evening, but watching it live is something I look forward to all week.

Ah well.. at least I don't have to wait as long as our overseas friends to see it. (See how I'm talking myself out of kicking something?) ;)

triplet said:
Did they say if they'd complete the season?
Here's the report:

'Enterprise' scuttled

Skein least successful 'Trek' since original
By JOSEF ADALIAN

Set phasers to 'over': UPN is pulling the plug on "Star Trek: Enterprise."

Par-produced skein will limp off the air May 13, ending a four-season run on the net. Despite a strong start, "Enterprise" never caught on with auds the way previous incarnations of the "Trek" franchise did, and as a result, "Enterprise" will go down in the star logs as the least successful "Trek" since the original skein.

A move to Fridays this season didn't help matters. Embarassingly, skein has ended up losing to Sci Fi's "Stargate SG-1," which airs at the same time on Fridays.

With "Enterprise" exiting, and no firm plans in place for a new feature film or TV spinoff announced, Par will find itself "Trek"-less for the first time since "Star Trek: The Next Generation" relaunched the franchise in 1986. UPN, which launched with "Star Trek: Voyager" 10 years ago, has never known a season sans "Trek."

Par Network TV prexy David Stapf said the studio was "grateful" for the work of "Enterprise's" cast and crew, and left open the possibility of future skeins.

"We all look forward to a new chapter of this enduring franchise," he said.​

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117917301?categoryid=14&cs=1

That sux. Ah vell.

Dr Magneto Doom said:
All I have to say is, you lucky f**ks! I have to wait a day or 2 I think till it comes on the net so I can download it. :(

but it'll be on the net, before the episode even airs on TV????? You could probably get the episode before it's aired, if you really nurse the download

AgentPat said:

Enterprise has been good this season, friday night really doesn't treat a series well though. Anyhow, I noticed they've been repeating plots this season already, so maybe it was time to go. Hopefully they'll finish out the season, and the series properly, ending the season where it needs to, in federationville

I hope its interseting because Clark should have done it with Alicia because she is hot!

TreNt said:
I hope its interseting because Clark should have done it with Alicia because she is hot!

Agreed!!

And tonight Episode will be good because theres not one smallville episode that wasnt good except maybe for magnetic.

Superfreak said:
Enterprise has been good this season, friday night really doesn't treat a series well though. Anyhow, I noticed they've been repeating plots this season already, so maybe it was time to go. Hopefully they'll finish out the season, and the series properly, ending the season where it needs to, in federationville

They got a new show runner and writers this year, and the show runner (lead writer, kinda like Jeph Loeb is for Smallville) was supposed to be their savior...

With a few eps this past season I kept wondering "Why did they bring in a whole new staff just to deliver derivative drek like this?"

They're creatively spent, 'tis true.

Prolly for the good.

But I got a question for Pat: what the heck is a skein?

You use the term and that Variety report used it too, I know it's a series (I got that from the context clues...) but I'm not sure how the word came to mean "series."

Here's the definition I found online:

A skein:
1. A loosely coiled length of yarn or thread wound on a reel
2. Something suggesting the twists or coils of a skein

If you can enlighten, I'd appreciate it...

Spider_man96 said:
Agreed!!

And tonight Episode will be good because theres not one smallville episode that wasnt good except maybe for magnetic.

Well, there was also Delete and Bound...

They need to bring John Savage (Dark Angel, Deer Hunter) in the show, maybe as the sherrif after they kill off the current one or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"