Altered Carbon

American Vandal was pretty great, especially the second season. I would have been curious about a Season 3, but Season 2 was quite a drop in quality compared to the first season and I haven't heard anyone talk about the show, so I'm guessing buzz was pretty low. I expect Netflix to being doing a lot more in this in the future, especially if its about sinking some serious money into these newer shows.
Anecdotal but a lot of people i know spoke about American Vandal. Spoke highly of both seasons. And it was nominated and winning awards. It won a Peabody along Better Call Saul, Ms. Maisel, etc.

The reason it was cancelled was due to it not being produced in house by Netflix. Rather by CBS studios

Anecdotal but a lot of people i know spoke about American Vandal. Spoke highly of both seasons. And it was nominated and winning awards. It won a Peabody along Better Call Saul, Ms. Maisel, etc.

The reason it was cancelled was due to it not being produced in house by Netflix. Rather by CBS studios

Yeah I was talking about Altered Carbon not American Vandal. I loved both seasons of American Vandal, but Altered Carbon Season 2 was really disappointing IMO compared to the first season.

Yeah I was talking about Altered Carbon not American Vandal. I loved both seasons of American Vandal, but Altered Carbon Season 2 was really disappointing IMO compared to the first season.
Ah.

Well then I agree haha. I remember marketing being really heavy for season 1 and then I barely even knew season 2 was coming out. Netflix really wanted this to be their big hit ala GoT

Not surprised as season two wasn't as well liked as the first season. This show isn't the cheapest to produce either.

Season one wasnt even all that great. It had a guilty pleasure vibe to it which made it watchable.
Agreed. And I can barely remember anything about S2. Not particularly surprised or disappointed by this cancellation.

I never actually finished Season 2. It bored me. Macke was miscast I think, and it just wasn't the spectacle(?) that Season 1 was.

Ya season two was rather ho-hum, they scaled back the show (probably to save $$) did not like the story over all, it dragged and while Macke can be a good actor, I did not buy him in this role. Most of all no naked Dichen :( (The show deserves to be cancelled for that alone lol)

They said the cost of the seasons is too high to the ratings it was getting. Which I sort of get but I also remember them saying ratings were not as important to them as they would be for traditional television.

Then they go and cancel a bunch of shows after 2-3 seasons because they want to churn their subscriber rates more.

Forgive me, but I dont want to hear, "It cost too much!" from Netflix. That excuse doesn't hold water. Not when Netflix is buying distribution deals left and right and producing so much actual garbage every year. They spent $15 billion last year on entertainment content. This year theyre expected to spend over $17 billion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"