The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know what I was suppose to do on that level. I use to play those challenge modes. One had the wrestler in it, Bonesaw. Could you ever defeat him?
Oh certainly. I fought him a couple of times. The annoying thing was to get to him, since you had to fight many thugs before that. But I loved that they did this speciall challenge.

The best combo to use, imo, was O,X,X.

Ok, I haven't really read the comics since omd...could some one explain what the hell the Flash Thompson thing is about?

I think he's paralyzed, and he uses the symbiote to become some secret agent or something, and if he wears the suit for too long Venom or something takes over so the government has to keep constant watch on him so he doesn't lose control.

The idea may sound odd at a first glance but it's a really great comic and it's really rejuvenated the symbiote stuff.

Seriously, what was the point of using that Piranha character?

Getting up on that tower to face Vulture pissed me the **** off at first.
That was tough

I didn't even know what I was suppose to do on that level. I use to play those challenge modes. One had the wrestler in it, Bonesaw. Could you ever defeat him?
Is the kick the one to go back and move forward all the way? If so, that one kicked a few in a row
Bonesaw is easy as pie if you're on the cage punching him

Ok, I haven't really read the comics since omd...could some one explain what the hell the Flash Thompson thing is about?
Flash was doing service offshore, something hit his legs and he reached the hospital late, so his legs were chopped off up to his knees
After the Dark Avengers were captured, the symbiote deserted Gargan hanging -literally- in his cell, and was captured by the US
Operation Rebirth 2.0: Flash was the perfect candidate for it cause he is a fan of Spider-Man, Spidey was his inspiration to enter the military, and the Venom symbiote was tampered with to be controlled and merged with Flash, it supports him while on him and gives him substitute for his legs

Flash was doing service offshore, something hit his legs and he reached the hospital late, so his legs were chopped off up to his knees
After the Dark Avengers were captured, the symbiote deserted Gargan hanging -literally- in his cell, and was captured by the US
Operation Rebirth 2.0: Flash was the perfect candidate for it cause he is a fan of Spider-Man, Spidey was his inspiration to enter the military, and the Venom symbiote was tampered with to be controlled and merged with Flash, it supports him while on him and gives him substitute for his legs
Best explanation for it.. I love it, especially how they tied him into Spider-Island

So, I've watched some vids on youtube and I must say that it looks great, while still pretty buggy.

I also want to add that this game seriously has one of the coolest boss battles I have ever seen! Other than that one and maybe one or two others, I must add however that I think the boss battles overall look really underwhelming.

EDIT: I think that's because the bosses have almost no personality since most of them are either robots or monsters. The game really would have needed another "normal" villain such as Shocker.

EDIT 2: Some of those cross-species really has speed, some of them jump away faster than lightning. Looks really weird to me.

Last edited:
So, I've watched some vids on youtube and I must say that it looks great, while still pretty buggy.

That has always been Beenox's problem, the buggy animations

I'm somewhat disappointed by the fact that the combat isn't that fluid looking (which is like half of the idea of the free flow combat in the first place), but I have hopes that they will better that in the next game, as they'll probably use these mechanics in the future games as well. Also, web rush should have not only more fluid motion, but some feel of weight and momentum. But again, they said that this is the new evolution, and the first try is always gonna be somewhat faulty, so I think these will be fixed quite well in the next game

That has always been Beenox's problem, the buggy animations

I'm somewhat disappointed by the fact that the combat isn't that fluid looking (which is like half of the idea of the free flow combat in the first place), but I have hopes that they will better that in the next game, as they'll probably use these mechanics in the future games as well. Also, web rush should have not only more fluid motion, but some feel of weight and momentum. But again, they said that this is the new evolution, and the first try is always gonna be somewhat faulty, so I think these will be fixed quite well in the next game

Yeah I agree!

Some nitpicks from me based on what I've seen:

One thing that I think looks annoying is that when you web shoot, there's no auto aim to it like Batman's batarang tosses. Hard to explain, but in the vids I've seen, Spidey shoots web bullets all over the place which looks really annoying and bad. It's the same as in Beenox's other Spidey games.

Another thing is that the graphics are very uneven. Sometimes it looks GREAT! Other times, especially when it comes to character models, it looks downright ugly. Some examples of ugly characters are Vermin and Lizard.

The boss battles of the cross-species look all the same to me, basically. Also, the villains look too small and un-intimidating.

The indoor environments are still as boring and plastic looking as in the rest of Beenox games. Also, many things look stressed somehow, hard to put my finger on what but it really could do another year for polishing.

Other than that, I actually think the game looks great and definitely looks like the best Spider-Man game to date, maybe also the best movie license game.

I'll probably get the game tomorrow and when I've finished the game, I'll write a review :)

9/10!?

Wow, that's a much better score than I expected! I think the average score for this game will be 7.3 or something.

EDIT: Actually, it got 7.5 on that site (9 for Spidey fans but I don't count such a rating)

Nice review. So we got a 7.5, a 87/100, and a 9/10 (same review as the 7.5 score but a 9/10 for hardcore Spidey fans).

So do we have anything confirmed for the alternate suits? all dlc or unlockables from achievements etc?

Nice review. So we got a 7.5, a 87/100, and a 9/10 (same review as the 7.5 score but a 9/10 for hardcore Spidey fans).

For me that 9.0 score has the most value, Spidey fans will have the most appreciation for this game, and will be the most critical of it.:o:yay:

The cross-species costume is unlocked by beating the game, and other costumes are unlocked by finding spider emblems around the city, maybe some are unlocked by beating it on different difficulties.

For me that 9.0 score has the most value, Spidey fans will have the most appreciation for this game, and will be the most critical of it.:o:yay:

For me, I want a Spider-Man game that can be considered great no matter if you're a fan or not. So I count 7.5 as the score with most value.

The cross-species costume is unlocked by beating the game, and other costumes are unlocked by finding spider emblems around the city, maybe some are unlocked by beating it on different difficulties.
so defo not a case of a new costume every week in dlc? (that's what i heard rumoured)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"