Amazon’s Warhammer 40,000 series | Henry Cavill

Please be good!

Agreed that Horus Heresy would be a decent way to kick it off, and also might work better with a show.

I think with the vastness of the story only a show could do it justice. Though they wouldn't have to cover every book. Just the essential ones.

We won't won't be seeing the show until 2025 at the earliest.

Very cool!

people I want to see in the warhammer series…

henry
tilda swinton
charles dance
Naome harris
ruth negga
Patterson joseph

There is so much potential here but I do wonder how you even pick a starting point. It’s easy to fantasize about a massive cinematic universe with multiple shows or movies that tell key components to the story, but the budget for something like that would have to be massive. Additionally, there are so many warring factions that it will be challenging to determine whose perspective you focus on. Cavill is a fairly big name and they’ll obviously want to center the show on him, but he can’t be the only focus unless they are, for example, directly adapting the Eisenhorn novels like they planned at one point.

Anyway, I just hope it turns out good.

There is so much potential here but I do wonder how you even pick a starting point. It’s easy to fantasize about a massive cinematic universe with multiple shows or movies that tell key components to the story, but the budget for something like that would have to be massive. Additionally, there are so many warring factions that it will be challenging to determine whose perspective you focus on. Cavill is a fairly big name and they’ll obviously want to center the show on him, but he can’t be the only focus unless they are, for example, directly adapting the Eisenhorn novels like they planned at one point.

Anyway, I just hope it turns out good.

I haven't read the Eisenhorn books yet but I do own them. However I get what you mean. I think that's why they should start with HH though. The other factions aren't a huge factor, at least at first, and it shows exactly how Chaos become a major player in the universe. A TV starting there would be best for me.

Very cool!

people I want to see in the warhammer series…

henry
tilda swinton
charles dance
Naome harris
ruth negga
Patterson joseph
Good picks, they’d fit well. :up:

I haven't read the Eisenhorn books yet but I do own them. However I get what you mean. I think that's why they should start with HH though. The other factions aren't a huge factor, at least at first, and it shows exactly how Chaos become a major player in the universe. A TV starting there would be best for me.

Yeah but if you start it then, wouldn’t it be Warhammer 30,000? :funny:

It would be an interesting way to start and a good entry point but perhaps that would be better saved for a prequel series that would help audiences unravel the mystery of how a lot of this stuff started. Kind of the way GoT fans are eating up House of the Dragon right now (even though that show sucks, IMO). I think it may be better to drop audiences into this fractured, wartorn world with snippets of the backstory at the start but not too much so they have to piece together some things for themselves. Though I do wonder if that might make it too dense.

Yeah but if you start it then, wouldn’t it be Warhammer 30,000? :funny:

It would be an interesting way to start and a good entry point but perhaps that would be better saved for a prequel series that would help audiences unravel the mystery of how a lot of this stuff started. Kind of the way GoT fans are eating up House of the Dragon right now (even though that show sucks, IMO). I think it may be better to drop audiences into this fractured, wartorn world with snippets of the backstory at the start but not too much so they have to piece together some things for themselves. Though I do wonder if that might make it too dense.

True on your first sentence!!!

There are so many places they could start that just seems the most logical to me. Though just doing something like Space Hulk would probably be a simpler start. It's a tough one.

I’m getting one of the Abnett books soon, for some reason it’s delayed to march 2024

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"