Dawn of War II

Nathan

Avenger
Reaction score
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Announced

Debut Teaser

[YT]kVZQ4h5EyNo[/YT]​

Developed by award winning Relic Entertainment, Dawn of War II ushers in a new chapter in the acclaimed RTS series - taking players to the brutal frontlines of war to lead an elite strike force on a mission to save the galaxy.

It's the 41st Millennium in the Sub-Sector Aurelia - a cluster of worlds on the edge of the Galaxy - where a battle of epic proportions is about to commence. Ancient races will clash across the planets that dot this section of space, battling for the greatest of stakes - not only the claim to the land and its bounty - but the fate of each race.

With a focus on fast-action RTS gameplay, Dawn of War II brings to life the science fiction universe of Warhammer 40,000 like never before. Experience the intimate brutality of battle as you play through your chosen race's epic campaign. Clash with enemies on battlefields ablaze with visceral melee and ranged combat. Lead and develop your squads from raw recruits into the most battle hardened veterans in the Galaxy.

HIGH-RES Screenshots

image-o-matic.x

image-o-matic.x

image-o-matic.x

Latest News. Posted: April 3, 2008

Sequel to Multi-Million Unit Selling Real Time Strategy Series Features Vicious Frontline Combat, Extensive Co-Op Campaign and Cinematic Visuals

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. April 3, 2008 -- THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced that Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II, the highly anticipated sequel from one of the industry's premiere Real-Time Strategy (RTS) developers, Relic Entertainment, is scheduled to bring the 41st Millennium's savage warfare to life like never before in spring 2009. Powered by an enhanced version of Relic's proprietary Essence Engine 2.0™, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II will take players to the brutal frontlines of war where they'll experience intense action and visceral combat through a non-linear single player experience and a fully co-operative multiplayer campaign. Set in Games Workshop's (LSE: GAW) highly popular Warhammer 40,000 science fiction universe, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is being developed exclusively for Windows PC.

In addition, THQ is pleased to announce that gamers purchasing copies of the recently released Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® - Soulstorm™ will be able to participate in an invitation-only multiplayer beta program for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II set to take place at a future date.

"The original Dawn of War and its subsequent standalone expansions have established the series as one of the industry's leading RTS franchises," said Brad Carraway, vice president, global brand management, THQ. "Dawn of War II will re-define RTS gaming to gamers worldwide, delivering brutal frontline action and tactics, and allowing players to get straight to the action with unprecedented fast-paced RTS gameplay and a full co-op campaign, all in stunning cinematic detail."

"We started with everything fans loved about the original Dawn of War and then added more than they ever could have hoped for in the sequel into Dawn of War II," said Tarrnie Williams, general manager, Relic Entertainment. "Leveraging our critically acclaimed Essence Engine 2.0, gamers will develop and lead an elite strike force through Games Workshop's war-torn universe, engage in devastating combat among the ruins of fully destructible battlefields, and be immersed in an ever-changing single-player and co-op multiplayer campaign."

About Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is set in the grim, war-ravaged world of Games Workshop's (LSE: GAW) Warhammer 40,000 universe - a dark, futuristic, science-fiction setting where armies of technologically advanced warriors, fighting machines and hordes of implacable aliens wage constant war. Developed by critically acclaimed RTS developer Relic Entertainment, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II ushers in a new chapter in the acclaimed RTS series, as ancient races - including the dauntless Space Marines and savage Orks - clash across ruined worlds on a mission to claim the galaxy and preserve their own existence. Powered by the re-vamped Essence Engine 2.0, the next evolution of Relic's proprietary game engine made famous in the award winning Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II will deliver fast-paced RTS action with ferocious melee and ranged combat in fully destructible environments. Immersing players in an in-depth non-linear single-player campaign and a fully-co-operative multiplayer mode, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is set to deliver the most visually-stunning Warhammer 40,000 setting ever created. For more information on Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, please visit www.dawnofwar2.com.

That pro-Space Marine trailer sucks. The Warboss wouldn't job like that and a Force Commander doesn't move like Prince of Persia.

That being said, I hope Relic knocks this one outta the ballpark, the Warhammer games they've made kick so much ass. Hopefully they'll incorporate the cover system from Company of Heroes and finally bring in the Tyranids. Starcraft 2 ain't out yet but already we've got a Starcraft killer in the works. WAAAGH!

Finally, DOW2 is announced; I was afraid that Relic will just release more expansions for DOW1 instead. I haven't brought Soulstorm yet, but I will probably do so eventually. I'm just not thrilled with the news that they brought back CD check, and many of the new units seemed rather lackluster (like the new air units).

Soulstorm isn't Relic's direct work I'm told. It's by a sister company or subsidiary called Iron Lore. Lots of fans aren't too happy about their work either. that being said, I can't wait to try out the Dark Eldar and kick ass again with the Tau.

I play the miniture board game then this. I find it more productive and its more relaxing.

The miniture game I wanted to start but its way outta my price range. The miniatures, the paints, the rulebook and Faction books....its a lot to consider. Plus I suck bad at paints. Really...

I hope DOW2 starts with these races:

Space Marines
Chaos
Elder
Orks
IG
TYRANIDS

If they don't have Tyranids, then there is really no point of making DOW2 imo.

They better be. The whole reason they weren't in the first DoW or any of the expansions, was because Relic said they couldn't do them with the current engine. Now with DoW2 announced, they should be one of the starter Races.

The Tau need to be a starter race. They're like the only good guys in all of DoW!

I hope they have a story mode. The campaign mode in Dark Crusade and Soulstorm was cool, but I am a sucker for story modes where the objectives are more than "blow up your opponent". I'm sure they could probably have both modes.

Also, I like how they add new things and tweak the rules for races like the Necrons, Dark Eldar, and Sisters of Battle. It makes it feel like they are really different, and makes things more interesting since everyone is not always after the same resources.

I'd also like to see more customization for the heroes in particular, like more wargear options.

Never played this game. But the sequel looks amazing. Reminds me alot of starcraft.

Never played this game. But the sequel looks amazing. Reminds me alot of starcraft.

Starcraft originally was to be a WH40K RTS game (from what I've heard). But after Game Workshop pulled out, Blizzard decided to modify the game and get rid of the WH40K setting, but you can still see some similarities between SC and WH40K. Terrans are like Space Marines (and they even have marines as their grunt units), Protoss are Elders, and Zerg is Tyranids. With SC2 and DOWII on schedule to be released next year, it'll be interesting to see which one prevails in this RTS battle.

The Tyranids look amazing.

Any vid of Tyranids in DOWII?

Just the "Meet the Tyranids" vid and at the end of the Intro.

But there are a bunch of screenshots on the official site.

Wow, those Tyranids are friggin' awesome! I'm going to get DOW2 for sure. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"