Dawn of War II

Minimum Requirements –
* Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista SP1
* P4 3.2 GHz (single core) or any Dual Core processor
* 1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
* A 128MB Video Card (Shader Model 3) - Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT / ATI X1600, or equivalent
* 5.5 GB of Hard Drive space

Recommended –
* Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista SP1
* AMD Athlon 64×2 4400+ or any Intel Core 2 Duo
* 2 GB RAM (XP and Vista)
* A 256MB Video Card (Shader Model 3) - Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900, or equivalent
* 5.5 GB of Hard Drive space

http://kotaku.com/5124938/dawn-of-war-ii-specs-will-wage-an-endless-war-on-your-pc

Dawn of War II Fighting Piracy With Free DLC

Dawn of War II developer Relic Entertainment plans to combat piracy not with DRM, but with free downloadable content meant to reward the people who actually buy their game.

Relic plans to release a steady stream of free downloadable content as a way of rewarding people who buy their game and indirectly enticing pirates. "We really want to give our players a top-notch experience and we want to reward our players for playing our game," Jonny Ebbert, lead designer of Dawn of War II, said in an interview. "Free downlodable, regularly accessible stuff that enhances the game and then that's an incentive for people who didn't buy it."

Unlike DRM-based anti-piracy measures, Ebbert believes this incentive-based approach rewards gamers instead of punshing the innocent. "We want to give out steady doses of free downloadable content because we believe in rewarding people who buy the game and the reason we don't like DRM solutions is because they punish the innocent and they have to jump through all these hoops," Ebbert said. "We don't want to do that so we're going with the approach that Valve pioneered to just reward the people who actually bought the game with cool stuff."

So, Relic has big plans. Their track record for supporting their games isn't exactly solid, however, based on the example of the original Dawn of War. Relic, though, will be the first to admit to that. "Our support of Dawn of War wasn't up to snuff," Ebbert said. "We did that to ourselves by making a very difficult patching pipeline, so one of the firs things we did was make it very easy to patch Dawn of War II."

They seem to be stepping up their content delivery game already - a multiplayer beta for Dawn of War II will be available starting later this month. Owners of the Dawn of War expansion Soulstorm will get early access beginning on the 21st, while the general public will get their hands on the beta - which includes all the Dawn of War II races - a week later on the 28th. The beta will be available exclusively through Steam.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/88560-Dawn-of-War-II-Fighting-Piracy-With-Free-DLC

The multiplayer beta is hectic, really face paced.

Screens

2hea4n6.jpg

2k34wp.jpg

2vlsco6.jpg

2cnwazd.jpg

f0wvbt.jpg

xla1yv.jpg

16246ix.jpg

Last edited:
IGN review.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/954/954749p1.html

"Closing Comments

Relic has made a lot of bold decisions with Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, some of which are sure to turn off parts of the RTS hardcore base, the most obvious being the elimination of base building. Yet as players we can't continue to accept the same kinds of games, complain about stagnation, and then turn our backs when somebody does something different. In the campaign portion of the game Relic blended elements of action-RPGs and real-time strategy games and succeeded in producing a new and entertaining kind of experience. The missions could be more interesting and quality of narrative delivery stronger, but what's here is a terrific alternative to the standard base-bashing real-time strategy campaigns, hopefully something Relic is able to expand and further improve with expansions. A full multiplayer suite and four playable races are there waiting for you when you're through with the campaign, and should provide lots of fast-paced bouts of brutal conflict online and in skirmishes against the AI. While the overall formula could still use some fine-tuning, the current product is one part hypercharged tactical combat, one part streamlined competitive RTS, and entirely worth playing."

this game is just too cool! 'Nids FTW!

So theres a sequel coming with Chaos included, anyone got any news on this? Theres suppose to be a PC Gamer issue with the new info.
hs2k21.jpg

Found this. :)

Last edited:
The game needs more variation, the basic gameplay mechanics are good but it's just the same thing over and over again, sometimes on the same maps.

I like the first Dawn of War ( I use to play 40k) what I've heard of this new one it's going to be good, don't know if I plan on getting it or not.

Dawn of War II Retribution dumps Games For Windows Live for Steamworks

When developer Relic released Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II back in 2009 it used Microsoft's Games For Windows Live clients for updates, achievements and other features, The first expansion pack Chaos Rising, released earlier this year, also used Games For Windows Live. Today, Relic announced that the next game in the sci-fi RTS series, Dawn of War II Retribution, will switch over and use Valve's Steamworks system.

Relic stated that the switch to Steamworks will allow them to do things for Retribution like "guest passes, free multiplayer weekends, pre-loading and the ability to provide fast turn-around on future patches and updates." Unfortunately Steamworks support won't be added to the original game or Chaos Rising nor will the content in Retribution be added to those to games when Retribution is released in the first quarter of 2011. The good news is that owners of the original game and Chaos Rising will be able to participate in a multiplayer beta of Retribution via Steam sometime in 2011.

This is the latest game franchise to dump Games For Windows Live for Steam. Bethesda Softworks announced earlier this year that Fallout: New Vegas would use Steamworks after using Games For Windows Live for Fallout 3 and Square Enix used Steamworks for Kane and Lynch 2 after using Games For Windows Live for the original game.

Finally got a new PC, bought the Complete Edition and having a total blast. :awesome: I totally don't mind that the base building is gone, I like that it goes straight to the action.

Yeah, the first two are pretty good. Retribution's campaign gets a little tiring, but it still has its perks.

Bought Retribution a few days back and I am reallly enoying it much like Choas Rising They both seem alot better than the main game to me.
I recently read they were making DOW3, I hope they don't re-add base building and expand upon the loot aspect. Upgrading the fellows with stuff is a good carrot dangler.

Retribution shows its glaring flaw right around the time you start a second campaign.

My character seem abit over-powered. I'm barely even needing to micro-manage now.
I like the sound though, that mission with the exterminatus had the speaking make the room vibrate.

Last Stand gets a new Hero.

[YT]HHkuNmnmK7E[/YT]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"