Amazon Studios Invincible

I don't see the big deal. Amazon has split short seasons in two before. Look at The Tick. Why is it desperate? The show has already been renewed for a third season.

Splitting seasons in general is desperate. Desperate to get people to stick around. Desperate to add more eyeballs.

Splitting seasons in general is desperate. Desperate to get people to stick around. Desperate to add more eyeballs.

I mean, is it though. Lots of premium and basic cable shows had split seasons and midseason finales and short breaks before returning for rest of season.

I mean, is it though. Lots of premium and basic cable shows had split seasons and midseason finales and short breaks before returning for rest of season.
Its desperate for them as well. When they split Mad Men for no reason...it was desperate.

But you especially don't take a show that's been off nearly 3 years. Is only 8 episodes. And split it. Especially with no definitive return date.

Its desperate for them as well. When they split Mad Men for no reason...it was desperate.

But you especially don't take a show that's been off nearly 3 years. Is only 8 episodes. And split it. Especially with no definitive return date.

I mean the work on the season probably isn't done yet. Also, animation like this takes a long time. I think Kirkman and Skybound already said the breaks between seasons would be quicker and voice work is already done on Season 3.

Once again, producing animation like this on this level takes a long time, and the episodes are one hour long. Normally, they'd be half an hour. So keep in mind that eight episodes for this season is more like 16 for your typical half-hour primetime animated series.

Doing the first season they didn't know this was going to be a success. Kirkman kicked Invincible around Hollywood for years. This show is his baby.

I mean the work on the season probably isn't done yet. Also, animation like this takes a long time. I think Kirkman and Skybound already said the breaks between seasons would be quicker and voice work is already done on Season 3.

Once again, producing animation like this on this level takes a long time, and the episodes are one hour long. Normally, they'd be half an hour. So keep in mind that eight episodes for this season is more like 16 for your typical half-hour primetime animated series.

Doing the first season they didn't know this was going to be a success. Kirkman kicked Invincible around Hollywood for years. This show is his baby.

Which I get but like I said...Amazon should've held off. We already waited nearly 3 years. Whats another 4 months.

Which I get but like I said...Amazon should've held off. We already waited nearly 3 years. Whats another 4 months.
I mean if it's early 2024, like February-ish, I don't see see the anger. Maybe give Bosch: Legacy and Reacher a try?

I mean if it's early 2024, like February-ish, I don't see see the anger. Maybe give Bosch: Legacy and Reacher a try?
We don't have a date yet which is annoying and i don't think 8 episode series should have 2-4 months hiatus so all there is left to do is hope that s3 has a better release schedule

We don't have a date yet which is annoying and i don't think 8 episode series should have 2-4 months hiatus so all there is left to do is hope that s3 has a better release schedule
They said early 2024, which I would put January to March, like the first quarter.

I have to admit to being pretty unimpressed with season 2 so far. The first season was at its best when it subverted expectations and played out events to their logical conclusion instead of playing it safe. By contrast these latest episodes felt like fairly standard superhero fare, and the voice acting in particular felt flat. You can tell the actors are recording in isolation.

All in all this went from being my favorite show in 2021 to being something I struggled to maintain enthusiasm to finish.

Just binged the entire show for the first time over the past week. Absolutely love it. I would agree that season 1 is better than season 2 in that it’s more focused but I’m still really enjoying season 2. I’m not crazy about the animation style but the voice acting and the story are great. I heard they are working on a live action film adaptation of this. Is that still happening? I don’t think they need to but I would be interested if it happens.

Also, I think Allen the Alien might be Seth Rogen’s best role ever. :funny:

The hiatus really hurt the shows momentum. I feel like I barely see anyone talking about the new episodes since it returned

Reactions: B
The hiatus really hurt the shows momentum. I feel like I barely see anyone talking about the new episodes since it returned

I watched Season 1 after it had fully finished so I was able to binge watch it all at once, was super pumped for Season 2, but that 4(?) month gap right in the middle of S2 actually made me forget about the second part completely, so much so that I actually only realised there was new episodes released a few days ago when I was looking for something to watch on Prime.

I'm all caught up now, but this season has had such an odd release pattern I can easily understand if people have forgot about more episodes coming.

I wonder was splitting Invincible S2 into 2 parts the plan all along or was it completely down to the strikes? I would have assumed that by the time the first episode of S2 was released that the entire season was already completed or very late post-production for maybe the final episode or two.

Can we maybe just shorten the thread title to "Invincible" or just about anything less of a mouth full than it is now?

Can we maybe just shorten the thread title to "Invincible" or just about anything less of a mouth full than it is now?
You dont like

The biggest company in the world - Amazon Studios greenlights comic book Invincible to animated series from The Walking Dead comic book and hit tv show creator Robert Kirkman​

As a title?

You dont like

The biggest company in the world - Amazon Studios greenlights comic book Invincible to animated series from The Walking Dead comic book and hit tv show creator Robert Kirkman​

As a title?
I have read shorter stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"