The Walking Dead Fear the Walking Dead General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no problem with Chris dying in flashback. I thought it was rather effective. The cinematography and music was great also. Chris was definitely on track to become a future serial killer as Negan would say but it was a tragic death nonetheless. Plus I loved the moment when Travis catches the boys in their lie.

I hated that death. I feel like it was such a waste of potential. We've yet to see the rise of a villain in the Walking Dead universe, so this could have been a unique direction to take the story. And I actually really liked Chris as a character which would make his fall all the better.

Between him and Salazar, that's now two characters with interested potential just killed off. And yet we still have Ophelia who hasn't added a single thing to this show. She could have never been created and the show wouldn't have changed at all.

I don't think Daniel's dead. Maybe he'll be our supervillain.

New 16-part Fear the Walking Dead companion series premieres online
'Passage' will air during season 7 of 'The Walking Dead'

Entertainment Weekly said:
After scoring two Emmy nominations and over 4.6 million video streams for Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462, AMC premiered Tuesday the first of 16 planned webisodes in its new Fear the Walking Dead: Passage web series.

The project follows “a fearsome survivor” named Sierra (Kelsey Scott) who helps an injured woman, Gabi (Mishel Prada) “in exchange for an apocalyptic sanctuary,” according to a press release.

Totaling 50 seconds in length, the first episode of Passage begins as a Hazmat suit-wearing, knife-wielding figure navigates a barren campsite in the middle of the desert. He slays an oncoming group of zombies as a young, bloody woman hides from him.

Each of Passage’s 16 installments will clock in at under one minute long, and will debut during new episodes of The Walking Dead’s seventh season before streaming in full online. The project was produced by Dave Erickson, showrunner and executive producer of Fear the Walking Dead. Andrew Bernstein directed and produced the webisodes, which were written by Lauren Signorino and Mike Zunic, who also served as consulting producers.

“We saw a tremendous response to last year’s Flight 462 so we are excited to again be expanding the world of Fear with another story of survival at the onset of the apocalypse,” Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and SundanceTV, said of the new series via a statement. “It’s great to be working with Dave Erickson and the Fear team on this new piece of original short-form content that will continue to engage fans in the series’ off-season.”

Flight 462, set in the same universe as its long-form brethren, followed a group of passengers aboard an ill-fated airplane in the moments leading up to the zombie outbreak. The series introduced Alex (Michelle Ang), a survivor of the flight’s eventual crash, who would later cross over into the main Fear the Walking Dead narrative.

Is this show still on?

Last edited:
Fear The Walking Dead Season 3 Promo
[YT]Y5oOCxX7RSI[/YT]

Wow! Looks like Madison and co. are becoming more feral and ruthless.

Fear the Walking Dead: 'I Will Not Leave You' Season 3 Official Sneak Peek
[YT]TKco9IhfP_g[/YT]

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 3 New Promo
[YT]iHlNSgbKv6Q[/YT]

Fear the Walking Dead Season 3: 'A Look Ahead' Official Featurette
[YT]idAWhL7sNbU[/YT]

Fear the Walking Dead Season 3: 'Are You Ready for TEOTWAWKI?'
[YT]BiaRo2oLVjg[/YT]

Seems like everyone is mumbling. I'm having a hard time understanding most of what has been said. :(

can't tell which guy has the most Punchable face Troy or his boy running the "experiments"

Yeah, not liking that turn of events. :( Better not get too attached to anyone on this show I guess.

There was more action in those two episodes than in all of season 7 of The Walking Dead.

I'm a little confused by the turn of events at the military base. Why is everyone seemingly okay with Madison et al after just having tried to kill them? Even Troy didn't seem all that put out by having a spoon jammed through his eye.

I really like how this family is all about themselves and will destroy anybody in their way. I hope by the end of the series we see them morph into straight up villains.

Nick's "HIS SON IS A MURDERER" after being told to keep it down was kind of hilarious.

I don't mind the idea of killing [blackout]Travis[/blackout] in theory. I think it does deprive the audience of the opportunity to see how he evolves following the end of last season, but ah well.

What I do mind is how little importance was given to it. It happened in a cold open. There was nothing really climactic about it. There was no sense that his story had reached a natural conclusion. There was no sense that his death was going to have any impact beyond the immediate episode [blackout](which is especially odd considering he was one of the two leads of the show...imagine if The Walking Dead killed off Rick with virtually no pomp or impact)[/blackout]. It just felt tacked on. A major character's death should never feel tacked on, much less the main character's.

The audience has never really liked Travis, thinking he was a bit of a wuss, that might be why his death was not particularly climactic. One of his final acts was to kill a bunch of walkers so he did get a hero's ending of sorts.

The audience has never really liked Travis, thinking he was a bit of a wuss, that might be why his death was not particularly climactic. One of his final acts was to kill a bunch of walkers so he did get a hero's ending of sorts.

Yeah, I suppose. But I always felt that was what made Travis's arc interesting. Rick for example, just seamlessly adapted to the zombie apocalypse/the tough decisions. He went from being sheriff to bad ass (albeit slightly mentally unstable) leader. And the world around him was already changed. The same has happened with Madison. She has just transformed from house wife to bad ass zombie killer/ruthless leader.

Travis, on the other hand, did not. And that is kind of the promise of FTWD. It was at the beginning. We'd get to see this guy transform from mild mannered teacher to hardened survivor. That was the journey we were following Travis on. And he took his first major step when he avenged his son. But then he is killed two episodes later? I dunno. I get this fanbase is impatient, but I liked Travis because he was something different. It was a slow descent for him. We were watching his adaptation to the zombie apocalypse unfold right before our eyes rather than just "boom, bad ass."

My brother thought Travis was bitten when he revealed his stomach wound to Alicia. Instead of a fatal gunshot wound it would've made more sense for Travis to have been bitten by one of the infected during that zombie pit fight. In episode 3.1 after Travis successfully defeated the zombies in the pit the soldiers released another horde of zombies but the scene cuts away. It's later revealed during the aftermath that Travis was victorious once again and seemed to have survived without a scratch, which was a cop out, imo. I would have excused them cutting away like that if they were keeping it hidden that Travis got bitten or scratched during the 2nd pit fight. Tactics like that cheapen the suspense. Anyways I was surprised they killed Travis off by gunfire from a mysterious shooter, who the viewers never see on camera. Travis was adapting to this new world. And was beginning to understand how to survive it. I thought he'd have lived till at least the end of the season. I guess this is a sign that FTWD is more of the Clarks story/journey than the Manawas. Since Travis and his family from his first marriage are now dead.

I enjoyed both premiere episodes. This season is already off to a pretty good start. And though it was a bleak moment I'm glad we also got closure on Ilene (the grieving mother who stabbed Strand for killing her zombie daughter last season) almost thought the writers forgot about her character after that incident.

Daniel returns. Based on the promo for next week's episode they're going to reveal how he survived that fire and cross paths with Dante's camp. Hopefully we'll get some answers on Ophelia soon. This was the third episode straight she's been absent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"