Mass Effect

OtherwiseKnownAs

We live inside a dream (he/him/his)
Reaction score
‘The Wheel Of Time’ Makes Strong Debut As Amazon Prime Video Doubles Down On Genre With ‘Mass Effect’ Adaptation & Prepares To Usher In ‘LOTR’ – Deadline

Between Emmy-nominated comic book adaptationThe Boys’ critical and commercial success, The Wheel Of Time‘s promising debut and the anticipated launch of The Lord of Rings, genre has emerged as a key programming area for the streamer and a continuing development focus.

One of the company’s newest hopefuls in the arena is Mass Effect. Amazon Studios is nearing a deal to develop a series based on the best-selling sci-fi video game franchise from Electronic Arts.

“You will see us continuing to invest in fantasy genre of all kinds, we have a genre-focused team on the ground in Studios who work tirelessly with our creative partners on those slates, and you can look forward to more,” Salke said.

So what do y’all think this will be? Adaptation or original story?

I'd love to see many of the best game series characters in the show, even if the story is different.

If they follow the games and expand on them then it could make for an incredible series, especially after the successful adaptation of The Boys. Arcane also proved that video game properties CAN be successful.

I just hope they give it the proper support and hire good screenwriters/show runners to do the series justice.

The aliens will most likely be cgi unless they get some crazy good practical fx team for anything not an Asari, so if they bring back the voice cast for Wrex, Garrus, and Tali, then it's off to a good start.

I'd like a femshep too.

Yeah me too. I reckon a mass effect tv series would work really well! Hopefully they keep the cast inclusive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"