Amazon's Rings of Power - General Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

“This is a title that we imagine could live on the spine of a book next to J.R.R. Tolkien’s other classics. The Rings of Power unites all the major stories of Middle-earth’s Second Age: the forging of the rings, the rise of the Dark Lord Sauron, the epic tale of Númenor, and the Last Alliance of Elves and Men,” said showrunners J.D. Payne & Patrick McKay. “Until now, audiences have only seen on-screen the story of the One Ring — but before there was one, there were many… and we’re excited to share the epic story of them all.”

Amazon’s ‘Lord of the Rings’ to Chronicle Sauron’s Rise, Reveals Title – The Hollywood Reporter

whoopi-dead.gif

Oooh. This is a nice teaser. Its got me. And the Title makes sense cause this age revolves around the Rings of Power and when they were made. :) and I know this is what we've seen in the prologue of FOTR but ... how these words will fit into the prologue themselves in this version of Amazon, we'll have to wait and see.

Also, this is what TORN posted on their website...

Prime Video’s The Lord of the Rings TITLE REVEAL – EXCLUSIVE Behind the Scenes images | Lord of the Rings on Amazon Prime News, JRR Tolkien, The Hobbit and more | TheOneRing.net

Last edited:
Even though this was more or less of just a title reveal, when do u think we'll see a teaser with actual footage??

Oh man I hope we get to see Morgoth in this and likes of Huan and Beren.
I'd say that's pretty unlikely. I'd say at most we get some brief footage of Morgoth in the War of Wrath; something along the lines of what we saw of Sauron in the Last Alliance at the beginning of FotR. It seems pretty clear at this point that this is almost, if not entirely, about the 2nd Age; well after the death of Beren, Luthien, Turin, Huan, etc.

I'd say that's pretty unlikely. I'd say at most we get some brief footage of Morgoth in the War of Wrath; something along the lines of what we saw of Sauron in the Last Alliance at the beginning of FotR. It seems pretty clear at this point that this is almost, if not entirely, about the 2nd Age; well after the death of Beren, Luthien, Turin, Huan, etc.

Could do flashbacks of Sauron's earlier life. Or just take liberties and place Morgoth in the 2nd Age.

If he does show up I want him to be massive. Not just 8'. More like 50'. Similar to Snoke's hologram in The Force Awakens. The smallest he should be is the size of Surtur in the opening scene of Thor Ragnarok.

Could do flashbacks of Sauron's early life. Or just take liberties and place Morgoth in the 2nd age.

If he does show up I want him to be massive. Not just 8'. More like 50'. The smallest he should be is the suze of Surtur in the opening scene of Thor Ragnarok.

I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt they have the rights to play with the time frame of the characters (esp someone like Morgoth) in that way. That would shatter canon and there's just no way the estate would allow that. It would also shrink the main villain of the 2nd Age......ain't gonna happen. If they do show Morgoth in the way I suggested, they will also have to show Orome, Tulkas, the Eagles of Manwe (Thorondor), Mandos, and others. THAT would be ultra cool. The battle between Earendil and Ancalagon the Black and the breaking of the towers of Thangorodrim could be in there, but they might not go into that much detail. I'd love to see that battle. Ancalagon was the greatest of the winged dragons and could have been bigger than a football field.

So this is just selected parts from the Silmarillion?

I think this series is based on the 2nd Age and the Alkallabeth. The Silmarillion is based mainly on the Elves of the 1st Age; although certainly the Edain played major roles in it also.

Any speculation on which actor is playing Sauron? Looking over the cast, there’s Joseph Malwe (Benjen Stark), who would be a great choice. He played probably my favorite version of Odysseus in that Troy series on Netflix. Ben Walker is also part of the cast. He generally has a more heroic look about him but he can also play convincing bad guy, and he’s definitely physically imposing. And it’s also worth noting that Sauron (in the beginning) should appear noble and heroic. Ismael Cruz Cordova is a possibility as well. I’ve only seen him in The Undoing, but he was good in that.

they clearly wanted „rings“ in the title. Otherwise a lot of people wouldn’t have recognized its connected to the LotR trilogy

they clearly wanted „rings“ in the title. Otherwise a lot of people wouldn’t have recognized its connected to the LotR trilogy
They even went as far as having the word ring in there twice. After Lord of the Rings: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey I'm sure audience wouldn't have figured it out otherwise. :o

I was thinking more in flashbacks if this is to be an origin story of sorts for Sauron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"