AMC's Halt & Catch Fire

Such a great show. There really hasn't been a bad episode yet. There's fascinating character moments each and every week. :up:

You have to be hooked by this point. All these characters are psychotic.

Yeah, another great episode. Joe is becoming more & more human it seems, I also like that it confirms that he's bisexual, interesting plot point regarding his behavior. Cameron is also growing as a character, it's just touching to see how she cared at the end of the episode. Gordon is equally fascinating.

Along with The Leftovers, I just find it so riveting & exciting to watch, great great stuff. Praying for the ratings to hold steady (L+3 numbers show a big increase and are actually decent).

You have to be hooked by this point. All these characters are psychotic.

I wouldn't say psychotic......deeply disturbed is probably a better term to describe them. Joe is the most disturbed of them all. Cameron is a damaged kid. Gordon is clearly cracking under the pressure. I was kind of happy how Donna's "affair" turned out. It showed how she was more than willing to take that step because of how on edge she is over Gordon's worsening behavior.

I loved John's K.O. punch in the strip club. He may hate Joe and wants him gone but he still believes in the project. It's pretty fascinating to watch.

I thought the punch was more of a "that crossed the line" thing. He's a Texas good ol' boy, but that was too far for him.

Yeah I really appreciated that, at the same time, I felt there might have been some small part of John's taking a stand for Joe, no matter how much Joe screwed him over at first. He's a cool character.

Another great episode last night. :up:

Loved the argument between Joe, Cameron and Gordon. Loved John going down for Cameron. Loved Cameron and Gordon bonding. Loved Donna's decision. Love it, love it, love it.

Anyone not watching this series is really missing out on some quality television.

Yeah, I absolutely love this show. It started out as "Mad Men in the 80's" and it has evolved into its own show about damaged people using success to fill the holes in their lives.

I dont know what this show needs to do better to get people attention.

It's engaging, it's interesting, well acted, and it has interesting characters that very much fit the AMC mold.

I dont know what this show needs to do better to get people attention.

It's engaging, it's interesting, well acted, and it has interesting characters that very much fit the AMC mold.

Subject matter I think, plus women are a no show for this, Joe Adalian from Vulture said that the show actually is doing decent live among males from 18 to 24 with a 0.4 (if I'm correct), but females from 18 to 24 is an abysmal 0.1.

Pace is on my list of favorite actors of all time now. This ****er be getting it.

Holy sh** what a good episode. That wouldve made a fantastic season finale. Damn.

I am floored by this show on almost a weekly basis. It's the best show this summer. Best show that premiered this year. I like this more than the last season of Mad Men. The only complaint I really have is Cameron. She's too bratty. Donna is a much better female character
That one line about touch screen tech made me chuckle and reminded me of this:
s60ld0.jpg

One thing I'll admit Im disappointed about Joe being gay/bi. Not that thats a bad to be or anything, but I loved that idea of him being so vindictive, controlling, and screwed up that he would get with that one potential investor's boy toy just to sabotage the deal despite the fact that he's not attracted the men. I thought that wouldve been a real dark and interesting twist on the character

Last edited:
Pace is on my list of favorite actors of all time now. This ****er be getting it.

Not to sound like a hipster but I have thought Lee Pace was awesome for years.

Pace was great in The Fall, Pushing Daises and Infamous.

I never understood why he wasn't the next American leading man because he has wide range, his handsome and has screen presence.

Sadly I think the rumours of him being gay have affected his career but then again Luke Evans seems to be doing ok.

He'll be getting some awards he keeps this up. :up:

Holy sh** what a good episode. That wouldve made a fantastic season finale. Damn.

Yeah, that ending of him in awe of the Macintosh was the best closing scene. "It talks...."

It's gonna be hard to top that with the finale but this show has been consistently spectacular.

That one line about touch screen tech made me chuckle and reminded me of this:
s60ld0.jpg

You could make the same joke about Mp3 players. It is amazing how many people think Apple invented the Mp3 player.

i like this show, but i am 3 episodes behind...will relay my thoughts after i catch up

I TRULY hope this has a second season. LOVE the character dynamics (in particular between Joe & Gordon and The Clarks).

BTW I got a little jealous of the party scene at COMDEX lol

It seems like some people have starting to tune up after a while, better than nothing. Let's hope AMC is smart enough to see the potential for growth here.

Loved the season finale. From wire to wire, an amazing first season. :up:

Great season finale, and such a cliffhanger. Please AMC, renew it, Christopher Cantwell, one of the show's creators has this blog where he talks about the show and talks about season 2, they have no word yet, but he's hopeful and so are the others involved in the show.

Season 2 would be fascinating. Kinda surprised by the car jacking followed by Joe burning the truck, what is that about? Joe did look sad & frustrated during the launch party, probably missing Cameron, but why burn the truck.

Car jacking might have something to do with karmic reparation of some sort, I don't know

The finale left you with a TON of questions for next season.

Does everyone know Joe burned the truck or was it considered a random theft?

Was Joe behind the car jacking?

What is Gordon's real feelings about Donna going to work with Cameron?

Who is the secluded woman that lives near the observatory that Joe was going to? There's a lot of people already suspecting that it could be his mother...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"