AMC's Halt & Catch Fire

second season next Sunday.

My figners are crossed but I am not expecting another season after this one.

Anybody watch this last night? I thought it was a solid premiere. I've always liked the friendship between Cameron and John. It was cool seeing her be there for him when he got out of prison.

Yeah, I enjoy the dynamic. All three of them just have this hate relationship yet they can't stay away from each other. 1985....when the you know what releases that year, the entire video game industry is gonna change forever.

I take you are talking about the NES terry?

I liked the premier.

Not exactly excited for where they're taking Gordon

[BLACKOUT]Not to belittle real life addiction, but Im just so tired of addiction stories in dramas. It seems like every drama has at least one[/BLACKOUT]

Coke was pretty huge in the 80's. I'm not really surprised a main character ended up with that sub plot. It all depends on where they take it and if it becomes trite or not.

Im not surprised I just think it's kidna lame.

As I said I feel every drama does an addiction story and IM just over seeing them.

‘Halt & Catch Fire’ Ratings Fall From 2014 Debut

The trip back to the future on Sunday did not attract a lot of initial passengers it seems. The Season 2 premiere of the 1980s set Halt And Catch Fire on May 31 on AMC drew a total of 659,000 viewers with 262,000 among adults 18-49, according to Nielsen. Compared to the results for H&CF’s 10 PM June 1, 2014 debut, Sunday’s Season 2 ratings were down 45% in overall viewers for AMC and 39% among the 18-49s. However, on the flipside, the Season 2 debut results of the dawn of the digital age series are up 15% in total viewers and the key demo in Live + Same Day numbers from the show’s August 3 Season 1 finale of last year.

Also, on a night that saw a rising Game Of Thrones on HBO dominating cable with 7 million viewers overall and 4.4 million in the 18-49 demo at 9 PM, AMC actually may not feel that H&CF’s results were a hardware or software crash. For one thing, unlike last year, H&CF Season 2 debut didn’t have the advantage of a well-watched original Turn lead-in like the Season 1 launch did last year, which was also released online for two weeks before its launch to attract attention. There was no such multi-platform tactic this year and the S2 premiere of the tech series was preceded on Sunday by a broadcast of 2001’s Jurassic Park III.

Perhaps more importantly to AMC, the real juice for the cabler in the Christopher Cantwell and Christopher C. Rogers-created series has been in DVR afterlife where H&CF has seen frequent power surges. On average, Season 1 of H&CF went up 63% in total viewers, 72% among adults 18-49 and 73% among adults 25-54 in Live + 3 numbers. Even with that fortnight of previews online, the S1 debut of H&CF went up 45% in total viewers, 53% in the 18-49s and 46% in the 25-54s. Add to that Halt & Catch Fire‘s second and third episodes saw lifts of over 100% in their 18-49 demo in Live + 3 ratings and you get while AMC Is all about the H&CF DVR world. Looking at the most recent airing of the series before Sunday’s S2 debut, the Season 1 finale saw a jump of 71% in total viewers in Live + 3 ratings, a 67% rise in the 18-49s and a 75% rise in adults 25-54 to 482,000.

I keep hearing this isn't advertised well, but I see it advertised a lot online. Can't comment about anything else other than, of course, AMC markets it to death on it's own channel.

I don't know what this can do to get more viewers

This show does not have enough star power to stand alone on it's own. It needs to be paired with another winner. Problem is that AMC is in a bit of a transition mode with Mad Men ending and Breaking Bad being long gone.

Agreed

They should try to pair it with Walking Dead. Hell they should've paired it with MAd Men and put it on a time where it doesn't compete with GoT

All those Atari boxes are a nostalgia bomb.

Watched the new ep this morning. I really enjoyed it. I continue to love the relationship between Boz and Cameron. It's going to be real interesting to see how Joe plays into everything when they insert him into the Mutiny plot.

I brought this up in the BvS forums... anyone catch Gordon talking about Superman in this week's episode? That HAD to be intentional. :D

Gordon's on that bulls***

Also this show really seems to just being going through the most basic TV drama tropes/cliches this season

Dammit Gordon!

The whole world spinning on Donna/Joe/Cameron is awesome.

I like this broadband plot they're jumping into.

Donna is killing it this year, as well as last. That actress is phenomenal on this show...

Joe's white T/suit jacket combo is pretty fly.

Kerry Bishe does good work, man. She needs to get more roles.

Gordon needs to man up.

Joe always scheming!

I wonder if Cameron is on the spectrum.

This past week was the best episode of the season for sure. I agree with you guys, Donna has been outstanding this year.

I still enjoy this show but I'm not optimistic AMC is going to bring it back for a 3rd season. :(

Well the season ended last night

It was decent. Still acted well and all that. However, I think the first season was a lot better.

This season really decended into typical tv drama plots: unwanted pregnancies, affairs, illnesses.

Last season did have some typical stuff but it also had such a cool storyline. This season just didn't have that for me.
Also I missed most of the characters working on one project together and have them fighting to be revolutionary together.

Still a decent show. Acting is still great. I doubt there will be a season 3

This season's finale was more rewarding. The overall plot last year was more interesting, per-say once they got past making Joe too much like Don Draper but this season was had more heart and intellect into these wonderful characters.

Like Mad Men... I'll watch the minutia of Donna/Cameron/Joe/Gordon because in the end that's what hooks me by fault of the acting.

Case in point, the fight this episode was one of the best marriage fights I've seen in media... because it was so real and greatly acted by these fine folks.

Case in point, the fight this episode was one of the best marriage fights I've seen in media... because it was so real and greatly acted by these fine folks.

It was a well done scene but I doubt anyone will ever take the title of "Best TV Marriage Fight" from Gandolfini and Falco from the S4 finale of The Sopranos.

The finale was good. The season itself was fine. S1 was far superior IMO. I hope this gets renewed but I don't like it's chances. AMC has a lot of other stuff in production for next year that could make this expendable.

The MVP of this season without a doubt was Kerry Bishe. Her work as Donna was simply outstanding. I hope she st least gets recognized with a nomination somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"