• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

America no longer fattest country!

now THAT is some good news!

vC97Sdh.jpg

so from now on I don't want to hear any of the stereotypes! none! we are a lean mean fighting machine. Don't mess with us.

2d2.jpg

America is no longer the fattest country you say?

Challenge...accepted....

Another interesting bit...

The world's fattest nation overall is Nauru, a South Pacific island where a staggering 71.1 percent of its 10,000 inhabitants are obese.

The U.N. report does not include data for American Samoa, which has been tabbed in the past as the world's fattest country. According to a 2010 World Health Organization report, nearly all of that Pacific island's inhabitants (95 percent) are considered overweight.

Say what you will about Samoa, that size helps them produce more NFL players per capita than anywhere. By a big margin.

and helps them come up with fake girlfriends too :)

How in the hell is Syria 3rd? Aren't they in the middle of a civil war? They must take 30 minute time outs for a McDonalds run. ;)

So...... we're not #1 at something anymore?

Sn4D1.gif

Congrats America, but don't celebrate just yet. There is still a depressingly large gap between the USA and the next fully industrialized nation on that list.

I'm just disappointed that Canada isn't even on that list. We've had the KFC doubledown for almost 4 years now, does that mean nothing? :(

They just probably forgot to include Canada's statistic. Its hard to remember that Canada exists. :oldrazz:

Congrats America, but don't celebrate just yet. There is still a depressingly large gap between the USA and the next fully industrialized nation on that list.

I'm just disappointed that Canada isn't even on that list. We've had the KFC doubledown for almost 4 years now, does that mean nothing? :(

You Canadians just aren't trying hard enough, I'm afraid. :o

With that Dunkin Donuts Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich, we'll be back at #1 in no time.

How in the hell is Syria 3rd? Aren't they in the middle of a civil war? They must take 30 minute time outs for a McDonalds run. ;)
They eat the hearts of the fallen.

I'm not sure whether this is good news or not, because the article doesn't explain whether there is a trend that Americans are getting leaner, or merely that Mexicans are getting fatter.

I think what leads to the stereotype that Americans tend to be fat is not so much the rate of adult obesity, but the extremity of it in some individuals. When friends return from the US, they often say something like "they have the fattest people in the world", rather than "there are more fat people there than anywhere else".

They eat the hearts of the fallen.

I'm not sure whether this is good news or not, because the article doesn't explain whether there is a trend that Americans are getting leaner, or merely that Mexicans are getting fatter.

I think what leads to the stereotype that Americans tend to be fat is not so much the rate of adult obesity, but the extremity of it in some individuals. When friends return from the US, they often say something like "they have the fattest people in the world", rather than "there are more fat people there than anywhere else".

It's interesting. I guess there are fat people here. Subconsciously I must just not acknowledge them because I only ever see the fit ones.

On another note, I find it odd that the stock images used to illustrate obesity are almost always of someone eating a burger or some chicken. Sure, those things will make you fat if eaten to excess, but all the evidence seems to indicate that a high-sugar diet is the quickest route to a lardy arse. The image should be of someone eating ice cream or drinking cola.

Soda = the bane of everyone's existence. Its truly the silent killer

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"