American Crime Story - Coming to FX from Ryan Murphy

Twenty bucks says Murphy casts Ben Platt to play Steve Rubell.

Looking forward to Impeachment obsessively. I think Cobie Smulders might be a slight upgrade in terms of resemblance (crazy eyes). But I hope her Coulter voice doesn't feel like a HIMYM comedy bit.

Eh, don’t know how to feel about this. It’s like a parody. Clinton seems like an SNL thing.

Eh, don’t know how to feel about this. It’s like a parody. Clinton seems like an SNL thing.
I think that Murphy really wanted to tackle the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky scandal and this seemed like the most appropriate avenue for it. I'm not defending what Clinton did as he was definitely in the wrong, but there are so many more famously heinous crimes that could have been chosen as a storyline for this show.

Still, I have to admit that this topic does have a much broader appeal than the Versace murder did. I couldn't even finish that season.

Last edited:
Looks like nobody is talking about this show? Haven’t seen the first episode yet. Sucks that it’s not on Hulu.

It's sitting on my DVR. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I may tonight.

I thought the first episode was a pretty good starter. Love the cast. :) So far so good for me.

It definitely is more salacious than prestigious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"