American Horror Story on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone notice how creepy the Theme Song for this show is too. Love it.

I think it's the same opening music as last time just with different pictures, no?

Ever watch Se7en? The opening sequence is by the same guy (using a NIN song of course...). :)

Anyine notice the "Carrie" soundtrack? really odd thing to play but not bad. I'm not sure how I feel about the season yet the premier was all sorts of weird.

They played the main themes of Psycho and Bram Stoker's Dracula last year. Murphy is pretty unapologetic about stealing from other horror and thriller films for this series--and yes setting this in early 1960s Massachusetts at a remote mental institution with creepy Boston-twanged staff is CLEARLY from Shutter Island--but what makes it fun is how he rearranges it. I will not be surprised if they reveal James Cromwell was a Nazi.

The show is off to a strong start.

I seem to recall an episode of both Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures where they went to an abandoned institution (Briarcliff? or some such) that has the exact description as this one. It was a tuburculosis ward where lots of people died and later became an insane asylum. It was almost identical, right down to the "death chute". At least there is an attempt at some historical credibility to this show. :)

Im from Ky and up in Louisville there's this place called Waverly Hills Sanatarium that's been turned into a massive haunted house. From what I've heard it has a death chute and all that stuff like what was described. Just to be clear, this is all just based on what I've heard. I've never actually been so I don't know the validity of it but after the episode aired I heard a good number of people start comparing the two

Im from Ky and up in Louisville there's this place called Waverly Hills Sanatarium that's been turned into a massive haunted house. From what I've heard it has a death chute and all that stuff like what was described. Just to be clear, this is all just based on what I've heard. I've never actually been so I don't know the validity of it but after the episode aired I heard a good number of people start comparing the two
Waverly might be the place I am thinking of, I recognized the name as soon as I saw it. :)

That place is supposed to be crazy (pun intended.) You can stay over night there for like $120 and all kinda stuff. I've heard some stories that were just wild

Do we know what building exactly they used for filming? I swear it looked familar too when they showed the outside all cleaned up. Might be that it simply reminded me of another building... but I am not sure.

kool first episode, but is this season like a restart or is it connected to the first season. I really like the daughter from first season....... but the mother is now in Nashville

I think it's the same opening music as last time just with different pictures, no?

I don't really notice any drastic changes, but it's just as creepy as it was last time. I wasn't on these boards during season 1. So, I'm bringin' it up now lol.

Last edited:
kool first episode, but is this season like a restart or is it connected to the first season. I really like the daughter from first season....... but the mother is now in Nashville

Some of the actors from the previous season are returning but playing completely different characters. It's an anthology series, so each season is self-contained as far as actual characters, settings, and storylines. The third season will be the same thing. New story, new setting, new characters(hopefully with actors coming back again though different roles)

Some of the actors from the previous season are returning but playing completely different characters. It's an anthology series, so each season is self-contained as far as actual characters, settings, and storylines. The third season will be the same thing. New story, new setting, new characters(hopefully with actors coming back again though different roles)
that sucks....... interesting..... but still sucks. No character growth

Eh, I guess, but people like Jessica Lange and Evan Peters proved last season they can bring a lot to their respective characters in a short amount of time. Personally, for the premiere of season 2, I think that momentum carried over. Lange was out of her mind good in that premiere and showed so many layers to her character already that some can only dream of getting. But, that's just my opinion.

It's definitely a different approach, so I suppose to each his own when it comes to that.

The anthology thing was a little weird to get my head around at first, but so far, so good, for me.

There was absolutely character growth. Just over the course of one season instead of several.

The show is technically a set of "mini-series", that is actually the category they submitted themselves in for the emmys.

Some screencaps from the episode, Bloody Face and the Alien! :up:
KLd0s.jpg

KabOq.jpg

lDnv8h.jpg

I can't help it but I just keep picturing Lange in her nun get up with an alien in front of her screaming with Aphex Twin's Come To Daddy playing in the background with windows shattering n all kinds of craziness. It's just right where my mind goes every time I see or think about those aliens lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"