American Horror Story on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
FX Orders Pilot From Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk, Duo Remains Committed To 'Glee'
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Before they co-created Fox's Glee, Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk were executive producers on FX's Nip/Tuck, which Murphy created. Now the two are returning to the cable channel with American Horror Story, a drama project that was just ordered to pilot. "American Horror Story is a wildly brilliant original series," FX's president and GM John Landgraf said. "Ryan and Brad Falchuk, who created it together, are evil geniuses and, in the spirit of the great Louis Armstrong, ‘Hello, Dolly, well hello, Dolly, it’s so nice to have you back where you belong…’”

Murphy is set to direct the pilot for American Horror Story, whose premise is being kept under wraps. Filming will begin in April after production on Glee wraps. Murphy and Falchuk previously teamed to write the daring FX pilot Pretty/Handsome, starring Joseph Fiennes as a transsexual father, which was also directed by Murphy. FX ultimately passed on it, but it has high hopes for American Horror Story - should it get picked up to series, the network plans to start production in late spring for a fall debut. 20th Century Fox TV, where Murphy and Falchuk are based, is producing, with Murphy, Falchuk and Dante Di Loreto executive producing. Murphy said he and Falchuk had been discussing the idea for American Horror Story for a while. Separately, he had had "an open invitation" from Landgraf to develop a new show for the cable network. "FX is the perfect place for this series and we look forward to a great homecoming,” Murphy said. He was quick to reaffirm his commitment to Glee. “Fans can rest assured that we haven’t taken our eyes off that ball for a second," he said. "We’ve broken the stories for the season’s remaining episodes and we’ve got big things planned for our little glee club as it strives to make it past Regionals to the all-important Nationals competition in New York City.”

Murphy is the second creator of one of FX's signature series to be lured back for an encore. The Shield creator Shawn Ryan was behind off-beat drama Terriers, which had a season-long run last year. This development season, Murphy teamed with former 24 showrunner Howard Gordon for a phobias drama at Fox but the project was pushed due to the duo's full schedules. Murphy has also been very busy on the feature side. He is writing a movie for Julia Roberts and is being courted for several musicals, including Annie with Willow Smith.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/fx-orders-pilot-from-ryan-murphy-and-brad-falchuk/

Connie Britton To Star In Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk's FX Pilot 'American Horror Story'
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Friday Night Lights star Connie Britton has lined up her next TV series project. She is set as the female lead in American Horror Story, Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk's drama pilot for FX. Murphy is set to direct the pilot, from 20th Century Fox, which will shoot next month, after Murphy and Falchuk wrap production on Glee.

FX and the producers are keeping the premise of American Horror Story under wraps, but a breakdown for the pilot lists its main characters as Ben Harmon, a sensitive therapist, and Vivien Harmon (Britton), his gorgeous wife who is a force to be reckoned with in spite of her vulnerable demeanor. Murphy and Falchuk are executive producing American Horror Story with Dante Di Loreto.

Britton continues to be attached as a producer to another FX project, a David O. Russell drama, now in development. It is unclear whether she would star in that if it comes to fruition.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/con...brad-falchuks-fx-pilot-american-horror-story/

I can only hope this is as ****ed up and depraved as Nip/Tuck was.

Maybe a series on married suburban life?

Bet its gonna be a comedy.

double post

Last edited:
Early casting details basically described one of the characters as a teenage Charles Manson. This ain't gonna be a comedy.

Whatever it is it's going to be great... it's FX. Let's look at their original programming:

The Shield
Nip/Tuck
Rescue Me
Thief
Dirt
The Riches
Damages
Sons of Anarchy
Justified
Terriers
Lights Out

Always Sunny
Starved
Testees
The League
Louie
Archer

The bolded shows are their shows that I've watched and all of them are amazing in their own ways. Has any other network had such an amazing line up of shows? AMC has things going well, but to date they've only put on 4 shows and 1 miniseries and I'd say about 3 and a half of them are fantastic. HBO obviously has had tons, but they've had quite a few duds too. I'd especially say that HBO's comedies have faired a bit worse, with only a handful of them really being anything special(Sex & the City-10 seasons is undeniable, Entourage, Mind of the Married Man, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Flight of the Concords)

Anything FX does automatically has my attention. Even their shows that don't find an audience are amazing.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/den...s-fx-pilot-american-horror-story/#more-118819
Denis O'Hare Joins Ryan Murphy's FX Pilot 'American Horror Story'
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: Denis O'Hare is set to co-star opposite Connie Britton in American Horror Story, Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk's drama pilot for FX. Murphy is set to direct the pilot, from 20th Century Fox, which will shoot next month, after Murphy and Falchuk wrap production on Glee.

FX and the producers are keeping the premise of American Horror Story under wraps, but a breakdown for the pilot lists its main characters as Ben Harmon, a sensitive therapist, and Vivien Harmon (Britton), his gorgeous wife who is a force to be reckoned with in spite of her vulnerable demeanor. O'Hare will play Larry, also referred to as "Larry the burn guy". It is unclear if the "burn" part is metaphorical or living up to the "horror" portion in the title of the show. Murphy and Falchuk are executive producing American Horror Story with Dante Di Loreto. The pilot is being eyed for a fall series launch on FX. O'Hare, who co-starred on HBO's True Blood last season, has been recurring on CBS' The Good Wife.

Russell Edgington is in. :up:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/den...s-fx-pilot-american-horror-story/#more-118819

Denis O'Hare Joins Ryan Murphy's FX Pilot 'American Horror Story'
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: Denis O'Hare is set to co-star opposite Connie Britton in American Horror Story, Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk's drama pilot for FX. Murphy is set to direct the pilot, from 20th Century Fox, which will shoot next month, after Murphy and Falchuk wrap production on Glee.

FX and the producers are keeping the premise of American Horror Story under wraps, but a breakdown for the pilot lists its main characters as Ben Harmon, a sensitive therapist, and Vivien Harmon (Britton), his gorgeous wife who is a force to be reckoned with in spite of her vulnerable demeanor. O'Hare will play Larry, also referred to as "Larry the burn guy". It is unclear if the "burn" part is metaphorical or living up to the "horror" portion in the title of the show. Murphy and Falchuk are executive producing American Horror Story with Dante Di Loreto. The pilot is being eyed for a fall series launch on FX. O'Hare, who co-starred on HBO's True Blood last season, has been recurring on CBS' The Good Wife.
Russell Edgington is in. :up:

Early casting details basically described one of the characters as a teenage Charles Manson. This ain't gonna be a comedy.

Maybe this show is about a therapist who tries to help sociopaths and people who went threw traumatic events with their problems. If that makes sense, that's what it seems like to me.

Could this be FX's zombie series which has hinted/talked about last year after Walking Dead was announced?

Lol. A therapist trying to help zombies work through their living deadness.

I dont remember hearing about any FX zombie series...

Lol. A therapist trying to help zombies work through their living deadness.

Lol. I'd watch it but that's not what I was trying to get at.

AWESOME! Hope this ends up being good. Gotta admit, the bit about the Joseph Fiennes pilot made me lol

Yeah, you've got to wonder how far they could've gotten with that before actually making Fiennes get plastic surgery to look like a woman.

He has a pretty slim build, I don't think it would've taken much more than just make up for real lol

If Murphy is behind this, you just know there won't be an consistency with the characters. Still, I love Nip/Tuck and Glee so I'll be watching this. Plus, Connie Britton! :awesome:

I've been forgetting to update...

http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/jes...s-fx-pilot-american-horror-story/#more-122285
Jessica Lange To Star In Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk's FX Pilot 'American Horror Story'
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: In a major casting coup for their FX drama pilot American Horror Story, Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have tapped Jessica Lange to star in a lead role opposite Connie Britton. This marks the first foray into TV series for the two-time Oscar winner.

The premise of American Horror Story is under wraps, but a breakdown for the pilot listed two main characters: Ben Harmon, a sensitive therapist, and Vivien Harmon (Britton), his gorgeous wife who is a force to be reckoned with. Lange will play their nosy neighbor. Murphy and Falchuk are now rewriting the script to expand the role for Lange, turning it into a full-fledged third lead. In the pilot, Lange also joins Denis O'Hare, who plays Larry the burn guy, while the role of Ben is yet to be cast.
Murphy is set to direct the pilot, from 20th Century Fox TV, which will start production later this month, after Murphy and Falchuk wrap production on Glee. Murphy and Falchuk are executive producing American Horror Story with Dante Di Loreto. FX was already high on the pilot, with president John Landgraf saying that he was targeting it for a fall series launch. Getting a marquee name like Lange in addition to Britton is sure to further boost the projects' chances for a series order. Lange, repped by WME and Untitled, most recently starred in the HBO movie Grey Gardens, which earned her an Emmy. She will next be seen opposite Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum in the feature The Vow, helmed by her Grey Gardens director Michael Sucsy.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/dyl...-ryan-murphys-fx-pilot-american-horror-story/
Dylan McDermott To Star In Ryan Murphy's FX Pilot 'American Horror Story'
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: After an extensive search and lengthy negotiations, Dylan McDermott has been cast as the male lead in FX's drama pilot American Horror Story, from Glee co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. Additionally, FX is also making a deal with McDermott to develop, write and potentially star in another series project for the cable network. In American Horror Story, the Practice alum will star opposite Connie Britton and Jessica Lange. The premise of the project is being kept under wraps, but a breakdown for the pilot listed two main characters: Ben Harmon (McDermott), a handsome and masculine but sensitive therapist who loves his family but has hurt his wife, and Vivien Harmon (Britton), his gorgeous wife who is a force to be reckoned with. Lange plays their nosy neighbor, a role that has been beefed up after her casting. The pilot also co-stars Denis O'Hare. The script was written by Murphy and Falchuk, with Murphy set to direct. Production on the pilot, from 20th Century Fox TV, will start after Murphy and Falchuk wrap production on Glee. Murphy and Falchuk are executive producing American Horror Story with Dante Di Loreto. FX was already high on the pilot, with president John Landgraf saying that he was targeting it for a fall series launch. McDermott, repped by CAA and the Schiff Co, most recently starred in the TNT cop drama Dark Blue. Coincidentally, McDermott's American Horror Story co-star Britton also has a second series project in the works at FX. She is attached to star to a drama from David O. Russell.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/american-horror-story-casts-young-leads/
'American Horror Story' Casts Young Leads
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

In her first TV audition, Taissa Farmiga, the younger sister of Vera Farmiga, booked the role of the daughter of Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton in American Horror Story, the FX drama pilot from Glee co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. ICM-repped Farmiga will play their goth daughter, while Evan Peters, repped by Gersh and Luber Rocklin, who tested for the lead in Hunger Games, landed the role of a dangerous patient of McDermott's character who is a therapist.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/fra...ndra-breckenridge-join-ryan-murphys-fx-pilot/
Frances Conroy And Alexandra Breckenridge Join Ryan Murphy's FX Pilot
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: Six Feet Under alumna Frances Conroy and Alexandra Breckenridge (Life Unexpected) have been tapped for a role (yes, a role) in FX's drama pilot American Horror Story, from Glee co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. The spooky project centers on Ben Harmon (Dylan McDermott), a handsome therapist who, along with his wife (Connie Britton) and their kids, move into a new house. Conroy will play their housekeeper, while Breckenridge will play an younger version of the character. Both Conroy and Breckenridge starred in broadcast pilots this season - Conroy in the ABC comedy Bad Mom and Breckenridge in the CW drama Cooper and Stone

All sound good to me. :up:

I don't care, he'll always be good ol' Bobby Donnell to me lol

Damn, what the hell is this show about.

Everybody wants to know.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/25/ryan-murphy-american-horror-story/
Glee‘s Ryan Murphy is a busy guy. Not only is he about to begin prepping season 3 of his Fox hit, but he also just finished directing the pilot for American Horror Story, which he wrote with Glee co-creator Brad Falchuk. The show, which stars Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, and Jessica Lange and would air on FX, has been shrouded in secrecy, and Murphy is mum on details. “It’s a genre piece and it has creatures in it,” says Murphy. “But [it] is also really about things that we in our day-to-day American society right now find scary. So the edict in the writers room is, let’s write about scares us. What scares you? What scares me? So it’s really about paranoia and suspicion. It’s very sexual between Connie and Dylan. It’s about infidelity. It’s really cool. I’m really proud of it.”

Creatures?

Maybe this thing is slightly supernatural.

Yeah, that definitely piqued my interest.

It's unlikely, but I kind of hope we get a trailer or something soon.

I've noticed on TV Line, that there's going to be a panel at SDCC called "FX Pilot Sneak Peek Screening". I wonder if that means we may be getting some footage from this and possibly Powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"