American Gladiators

Mayhem needs to work on his Joust skills. Other than that, I am pretty satisfied with the relaunch. Oh and the other thing that bugs is the fact that the contenders can shoot into the barrels in Power Ball. That makes it too easy!

Mayhem needs to work on his Joust skills. Other than that, I am pretty satisfied with the relaunch. Oh and the other thing that bugs is the fact that the contenders can shoot into the barrels in Power Ball. That makes it too easy!

Yes I screamed "wtf a jumpshot" at one point. That needs changed back.

well it was fun taking a trip down memory lane.. i love the ring challenge and the joust , there were alot of cool new challenges tonight and it looks tough . they will have to change things up to keep the attention of today's audience.

This is one good update. Not great, but good. Am I seeing things, or does Justice look like he could be in a Marvel movie or something.

Fury looks like somebody that I could get into my bed at night!

And Wolf... almost a dead ringer for Sabretooth by my estimation.

NBC, don't mess this up, or we're sending this thing to the USA network!!!

Some of the Mixed Martial Arts fans over at Sherdog.com are upset that Gina Carano (Crush) would do something like this.

This is what Carano had to say about being "Crush" on the show (from ESPN.COM):

For the lead female gladiator, up-and-coming MMA fighter Gina Carano (Crush), maintaining respectability was paramount. "That's why I wasn't sure I was going to do this," says the Muay Thai fighter who hopes to improve her 5-0 record in a February cage match. "These people come from a different world. I'm serious about my fighting career, and I don't want to give the impression that I'm, you know …"

A joke?

I'm starting to feel for these gladiators. They tell me they idolize Michael Jordan and Muhammad Ali, and they're fighting for their health, their pocket books and a future in sports, acting or both. But if they're not careful, they'll forever walk in big yellow boots, hollering on a stage today and on "Big Brother: Celebrity Edition" tomorrow.

Oh and for those that have never seen her fight, she's pretty good.

Kinda glad Jeff went down, he was a really cocky bastard. :o

Wolf and Tao are definitely my favorite Gladiators, they really get into it and are too funny.

My gf and I watched it...it was fun...brought back memories and had us laughing and cheering the contestants on...Wolf and Crush were our favorites...Titan and Fury a close second. I hope the creators and producers and nbc can up the stakes to keep the new generation of fans and viewers interested.

Hey, interesting tid-bit. Michael O'Hearn (Titan) was supposed to appear in season 6 as Thor but for some reason never got to compete on tv.

Some of the Mixed Martial Arts fans over at Sherdog.com are upset that Gina Carano (Crush) would do something like this.

Holy Crap!! I didn't even realize that was her! I knew there was reason I loved Crush the most!

Oh and for those that have never seen her fight, she's pretty good.

That girl kicks ass!!

damnit i'm in love with crush,fury, and siren

poor koya is till trying to finish the eleminator and its monday..poor poor girl

not even gonna lie, helga does have pretty face. If given the chance..i'd it hit

It wasn't that bad, pretty funny that the first contestant was taken out in the first event, her leg looked nasty. Painfully obvious though that the between event banter isn't scripted though. The Powerball thing didn't bother me too much, they may be just a little too big, but I remember contestants in the original shooting the ball too.

Wolf is the real life version of Sabretooth. And Titan is Steve Rogers. Still working on who TAO is.

Why doesn't he go by Thor? I don't think they even mentioned he was a former gladiator either :confused: LAME

titan is a living action figure. but the dude's cool though.

Damn the season 5 Eliminator creams the new one in every way :o

Going under the water in this version and then climbing the net is what really knocks the wind out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"