An Email I Got: A Real Life Captain America.

Aesop Rocks

Now I'm Free.
Reaction score
From my friends dad:

My grand father on my fathers side and I were talking earlier today at a BBQ we were having during a family event. He noticed I was reading a Captain America comic and asked me if I knew who he was, what he did, his story and all of that.
I looked at him with a straight face and laughed, telling him I knew who Captain America was. I looked at him for a second, him being a WW2 Vet and, knowing Captain America and WW2, I asked him if he knew about Captain America dying and all my grandpa could do was laugh and say "again?". I guess my Grandpa knew about his last 'death' and revival. It wasn't a secret around town that my grandpa was a 'war hero' during WW2. People knew he did some outlandish **** but, we never asked because he would never tell us what it was, his wife, my long since past grandma knew, my dad knew and his brothers knew but that was about it. All of his other friends either died or were too sick to ask. My nephews, all 6 of them no older than 7 years old were playing with green army men in the dirt and all my grandpa could do was laugh and said 'they're doing it wrong'. So, I finally got the nerve to know 'how much of a war hero he was'. I said "You know, you're going to have to tell me eventually, about the war". He looked at me and said 'well, all I was waiting for was you to ask you know?".

He told me it was 1944 and he was some where in Germany with his group of men being hunted by a German unit with about 100 troops in it. Their plane went off course and crashed 4 miles south of where they were supposed to land for a recon mission. I guess from what he told me, they bunkered down and took on as many as they could before they would retreat and ambush them again. My grandpa told me he built a steel shield out of scrap from the plane. 'jagged son of a ***** it was, it cut me more them it cut them!". we both laughed for a while. He said during one fight, they managed to flank a squad. It was at night and there was 10 of them. When his adrinaline kicked in, he said he literally felt super-human. Then he stopped and said that I didn't need to know what happened after that and that I should know since I'm alive.

Haha, that's awesome.

There were many heroes of his ilk that allow us to have the lives we have today. Say a big thank you to your freind's grandfather from an absolute stranger.

Will do man. I met him once, he is beyond funny.

Too bad he lives in Colorado.

That's nothing. Today I got an email from a Nigerian prince who wants to send me 5 million dollars. How awesome is that?! I don't even know the guy!

But seriously, interesting story. :up:

great story :up:

i've been trying to get my grandfather to spill about the vietnam war since i was a kid. i think he's actually gonna tell me now that i'm joining the army too.

That's nothing. Today I got an email from a Nigerian prince who wants to send me 5 million dollars. How awesome is that?! I don't even know the guy!

But seriously, interesting story. :up:

He stills needs your bank account and social security number. Send it to [email protected]

That's pretty cool...I wonder if he used the shield when he ambushed them...O-o

great story :up:

i've been trying to get my grandfather to spill about the vietnam war since i was a kid. i think he's actually gonna tell me now that i'm joining the army too.

My Dad was in Vietnam. He never talks about it. I cannot imagine what they saw and went through over there.

Absolute horror. That's alot to go through . The war veterans did alot of sacrificing and each generation before us was a little tougher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"