• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

And you thought the crap marvel have been spouting so far was bad

roach said:
regardless of what job you are in if you insult the customers you should be fired

Semantics: I don't know if you should, but in the real world you would.

SpideyInATree said:
Ok, you don't work in the public medium. But imagine having hundreds of Internet posters personally insulting you because you were late on something or didn't do something right? Regardless of whether you're in the public medium or not.

And I don't see what laying down three dollars for someones comic book has to do with them having every right to personally insult someone they never met over a story or a piece of artwork. They have a right to have an OPINION on the book but it's all right for people to throw around the name calling though? Which, by the terms of our completely out dated American Constitution, they have the right to do.

Aren't Hitch's delays due to the fact that his wife has cancer or something? Or some type of terminal disease? I think I read somewhere that his wife was severely ill which caused his delays.

Millar and McNiven apologized, ok. Hitch didn't. So what? Millar is writing it and McNiven is drawing it, they're connected. Hitch isn't, he's stating his opinion. I don't post over at newsarama or whatever other site it was posted at. But I'm sure there weren't too many pleasant things said about McNiven, Marvel, and others in general. And I'm guessing Hitch's comment was directed toward the utterly disrespectful people who truly think the world of comics should revolve around them, and not the entire community of fans.

Remember though. Comic books are fantasy and fictional. The Internet, while you may not be looking at the person or hearing their voice, it's still a real life human being in the really real world that you're talking to.

And I'm sure to a lot of these creators in comics today, who didn't grow up with the Internet and the constant barrage of comments daily about a book or company, it's frustrating to see people personally insulting you over your decision to have Character X do "this" or the fact that maybe your talent is running a bit behind schedule and suddenly you're a "dumb jerk" for that too. When, meanwhile, these people criticizing you have never drawn at all before or probably written a story before or ever ran a comic book company with about 50 to 60 years of history behind some of it's characters.

My whole point is the guy is allowed to have an opinion. He's not drawing the book or writing it. And, yes, he himself has had many delays on the book he's currently working on. Ok, people have taken that into account many times. But he's not allowed to say a WORD though? That means he has to sit there and read these outlandish posts from people who probably have no idea how this comic book business really works and yet they can go ahead and talk like they sit down and make comics of their own every single day? The dude was probably just sick and tired of hearing it.

If you don't like it so much then don't buy The Ultimates anymore. Or don't buy his work and then make him pay for it like that. Hey, maybe he's setting himself up for a serious reality check, that you can't joke with virginity toward a comic fan, it's such a touchy subject. But, that comic fan can call him an "arrogant bastard" and that's JUST FINE because they paid 2.99 for a comic book. :up:

Millar and McNiven were getting the same insults (and have in the past, etc.) and handled it pure class.

Hitch got pulled in and reacted like the fanboys he was decrying.

And no one's saying it's fine that anyone pulled/insulted Hitch. But like I said before, that doesn't make it right what he said.

Why are we still arguing about this?

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=81444

Civil war delays from the perspective of retailers.

The fact that marvel may not offer sale or return and cut some retailers discount as a result of this speaks volumes. Im not gonna complain about the lateness anymore but I will be e-mailing marvel personally about this and I urge you to do the same. If enough people contact them on behalf of retailers they might actually consider doing something. Otherwise I'm fairly sure they'll just ignore the issue. Let's be honest the delays suck but it's the retailers that are really losing here and we as readers should be supporting them.

I'm not even going to pretend that I understand how books are discounted, and whatnot, for the retailers. But if Marvel makes a deal predicated on a book shipping at a certain time, and they're late, retailers should be given an opportunity to back out on what they originally ordered if they want. There will be a dropoff in sales because of this, and the burden shouldn't be shifted to the retailers.

That said, these guys better be careful of biting the hand that feeds it. And I don't mean Marvel. Every time a retailer or salesperson *****es about Marvel to a customer, however justified, they could potentially be turning a customer off of reading. Some of them might just pick up other stuff, but some of them might just say, "That's it." Like it or not, but the retailers are in it with Marvel (and DC). When those upset customers come in, they should say, "Hey, I know it stinks, but have you tried (Fables, Invincible, Walking Dead, or any number of Marvel/DC comics).

From what I can tell you have to order a certain number of books each month in order to reach each band of discount. Now if the books aren't there to be ordered then it's hardly fair for marvel to say say well you needed 500 books to get X% discount when even with order switching they won't be able to make up the drop off that not having these core titles willl result in. It's a stacked deck and it's out of line. Ultimately the retailers do need to keep marvel onside and if they **** up marvel isn't responsible, but equally the retailers aren't responsible for marvel's **** ups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"