• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

And you thought the crap marvel have been spouting so far was bad

Difference is, I complain about people with a smile on my face. I'm the type that finds seething fanboy rage rather amusing.

You either learn to laugh at stupidity or you're going to get depressed at the overwhelming idiocy.

Laid while reading a comic? I always had the unbarable choice between getting laid and reading. Very few of us can find the courage to tell a naked woman "Hold on one more minute, Batman is about to slap the $%*@ out of the Joker."

I'm done typing now. I'm going to sit quietly and watch Wolverazios avatar for an hour or so.

Darthphere said:
An opinion and insult, even jokingly are two different things. If you went to BK (assuming you eat BK) and ordered a burger with no pickles, and got pickles in your burger and complained to the guy at the register and have some other dude come and tell you, jokingly "Hey there are more importnat things in the world, why dont you go lose your virginity?" Ill assume by your responses so far that would be totally cool with you.

Well, if the worker is joking that means he's going to take the pickles off. And besides, I like pickles so the interaction wouldn't have happened in the first place. :spidey:

But if Hitch is just joking around, which I think it's obvious, I don't understand what the big deal is.

It's like a bunch of defensiveness going on around here. Hitch isn't insulting ME. I've complained about the delays on Ultimates but I haven't gone as far to the lengths a lot of other people go to. And I'm not complaining about the delay on Civil War. And I've lost my virginity already. So, how is that insulting?

That's along the lines of the "YOU ***!" and then you go and get all mad over nothing. I mean...that's not really insulting unless you're really a homosexual.

And what did posters say in that thread before Hitch posted that comment? I'm sure there weren't a lot of nice things said. It seems to me the people who are most upset about this are the ones who haven't lost their virginity. :p :p

The point is the stereotype exists and people like him make it worse. I'm not offended by Hitch's comments. I'm offended by his lack of respect for the people who pay his wages.

The problem is that whilst I can do very well for myself with the ladies :D I don't need to be taking jock-wanker comments from people WITHIN THE INDUSTRY.

hippy fascist said:
The point is the stereotype exists and people like him make it worse. I'm not offended by Hitch's comments. I'm offended by his lack of respect for the people who pay his wages.

The problem is that whilst I can do very well for myself with the ladies :D I don't need to be taking jock-wanker comments from people WITHIN THE INDUSTRY.

But the comment wasn't directed at you. And what do you care so much about a dumb stereotype? If you're not part of that mold, don't worry about it.

SpideyInATree said:
Well, if the worker is joking that means he's going to take the pickles off. And besides, I like pickles so the interaction wouldn't have happened in the first place. :spidey:

But if Hitch is just joking around, which I think it's obvious, I don't understand what the big deal is.

It's like a bunch of defensiveness going on around here. Hitch isn't insulting ME. I've complained about the delays on Ultimates but I haven't gone as far to the lengths a lot of other people go to. And I'm not complaining about the delay on Civil War. And I've lost my virginity already. So, how is that insulting?

That's along the lines of the "YOU ***!" and then you go and get all mad over nothing. I mean...that's not really insulting unless you're really a homosexual.

And what did posters say in that thread before Hitch posted that comment? I'm sure there weren't a lot of nice things said. It seems to me the people who are most upset about this are the ones who haven't lost their virginity. :p :p

My main problem is, what the hell does Bryan Hitch have anything to say about the topic at hand? Hes not part of the project. "Oh there bashing my friends, better insult some internet fanboys!"

Its pretty bad when you guys actually defend this. No other business can get way with something like that, but since hey its just comics its all good. It speaks volume about the people on here.

SpideyInATree said:
But the comment wasn't directed at you. And what do you care so much about a dumb stereotype? If you're not part of that mold, don't worry about it.

Actually it was, because when he posted it, it more of an open thing. He wasnt really respond to one post, it was a sweeping blanket statement towards all the fanboys complaining.

Purple Man said:
Laid while reading a comic? I always had the unbarable choice between getting laid and reading. Very few of us can find the courage to tell a naked woman "Hold on one more minute, Batman is about to slap the $%*@ out of the Joker."

I'm done typing now. I'm going to sit quietly and watch Wolverazios avatar for an hour or so.

You just haven't found that special lady yet then. Keep searching...

And that's an assumption. I go about and I do many things and I think people that complain about continuity can be just as ridiculous as Hitch (a man that works on comics for a living) calling people that want their comics on times virgins. And just because it seems like I have to repeat myself, I don't even care about the CW delay really (since I'm not buying the miniseries, though I do find it a bit sad that in certain areas comic shops are a dying breed and this does not help them) but I do think its silly that people are willing to defend someone doing something that no one else gets away with.

Hitch is not our friend, Hitch is not some guy you know on the street, Hitch is working for a company that provides a product that we choose to buy or not buy. Hitch should not be allowed to talk like that, period.

On a side note, depending on the situation, I would even tell my friends to stop being so lame as to just call me a virgin because I'm talking about comics. Kidding and ball busting is fine...but I don't know Hitch and he doesn't know me. He should act like an adult (as should the fanboys that were insulting Millar and McNiven but really...they're a bit of a lost cause).

SHH: Land of the Lost Cause.

And im done talking about this.

Wolverazio said:
Were you allowed to insult clients that were upset that a 4 week turnaround time was the best you could do?

Or, no matter how irate the customer became, were you expected to calmly explain it to them? (or maybe you didn't have to deal with customers, also understandable)

I dealt with the complain calls so yeah I got plenty of abuse. When customers became too abusive I simply informed them they were being too abusive and hung up on them

Wolverazio said:
That's what's wrong. When you f up, you take accountability for it (and since Hitch wasn't involved, he should have kept his fat trap shut), you don't insult the people who do pay your wages.

those involved had alredy apologised and taken accountability in posts.

Hitch had been brought into the discussion (due to his own lateness).

And Sorry but just because they pay his wages DOES NOT give them the right to abuse him and not expect a reaction. If more fans took responsibility for the own online personas this wouldn't have happened.

All of you seem to be ignoring that this wasn't hitch just replying to the situation, this was hitch replying to the abuse he, millar and mcniven where recieving at millars own board.

I should add I would not have done what hitch done, but I don't think we can make too many judgements about the man because he simply stood up to people who were abusing him and his friends

gildea said:
I should add I would not have done what hitch done, but I don't think we can make too many judgements about the man because he simply stood up to people who were abusing him and his friends

I think abuse is too strong a word, like seriously if hes feeling "abused" he needs to chill. Its just internet fanboys, there are so many other thigns to worry about like wars, and the economy. Why doesnt he go out and finish Ultimates.;):p

Darthphere said:
I think abuse is too strong a word, like seriously if hes feeling "abused" he needs to chill. Its just internet fanboys, there are so many other thigns to worry about like wars, and the economy. Why doesnt he go out and finish Ultimates.;):p

I could say the same about what he said.

Not that I disagree with you, I just disagree with the general reaction and judging of the man based on his slagging off of fanboys.

The ultimates is finished, he's just burned the pages to spite the internet.

hippy fascist said:
Darthphere, man of his word... :p

Im not necessarily talking about the situation anymore, im joking around with gildea.

gildea said:
I could say the same about what he said.

Not that I disagree with you, I just disagree with the general reaction and judging of the man based on his slagging off of fanboys.

The ultimates is finished, he's just burned the pages to spite the internet.

You know how awesome it would be if they released a video of that online would be. "Oops, looks like we have to start all over again." I could hear the internet exploding as I type.

gildea said:
I dealt with the complain calls so yeah I got plenty of abuse. When customers became too abusive I simply informed them they were being too abusive and hung up on them

those involved had alredy apologised and taken accountability in posts.

Hitch had been brought into the discussion (due to his own lateness).

And Sorry but just because they pay his wages DOES NOT give them the right to abuse him and not expect a reaction. If more fans took responsibility for the own online personas this wouldn't have happened.

All of you seem to be ignoring that this wasn't hitch just replying to the situation, this was hitch replying to the abuse he, millar and mcniven where recieving at millars own board.

And we aren't. I didn't read but from what everyone said, Millar and McNiven were handling it pure class. Hitch didn't and that's why we're dog piling on him. Kinda the old "don't sink to their level." Plus, again the fact that in any other business, no matter how much abuse you take you don't get to just go and insult the clients. I even just said I'm not saying the fanboys that were insulting Millar and company were right, but just because they are wrong doesn't make Hitch right.

Lost causes are the only causes worth fighting for!

Wolverazio said:
And we aren't.

you might not be but others in this thread are.

Just look at the first post.

Again I agree hitch was wrong, but that doesn't make anything subsequently said about him right either.

gildea said:
you might not be but others in this thread are.

Just look at the first post.

Again I agree hitch was wrong, but that doesn't make anything subsequently said about him right either.

That post is from Hippy, he has ADD, Bi-polar disorder and tourettes, cut him a break.:mad:

Darthphere said:
That post is from Hippy, he has ADD, Bi-polar disorder and tourettes, cut him a break.:mad:

but I'm all right as long as I get my meds

Darthphere said:
They didnt solicit them properly.

the guy making them is taking his time and wants to make sure you get a good product...why dont you lose your virginity and stop whining about late meds...there are wars and oil and more important things to think about

Hmmmm *deletes Elisha post* Play nice, just because you got that name doesn't mean I won't ban you :p

Darthphere said:
My main problem is, what the hell does Bryan Hitch have anything to say about the topic at hand? Hes not part of the project. "Oh there bashing my friends, better insult some internet fanboys!"

Well, imagine the job that you work at. After a long hard days work you go home. You have something to eat. Have a couple brews. Go on the Internet to check the message boards and there is a thread dedicated to your work ethic. And there are posters in there, people who you've never met before in your life nor ever will meet, insulting you and saying how horrible of a job that you're doing.

That wouldn't irk you? It wouldn't get to you after every single time you go to these message boards where you want to chat with your "fans" and there are people who have to horribly insult you because you messed up a couple times and were late on a few assignments....but you still do a great job and deliver the goods when they need delivered.

Its pretty bad when you guys actually defend this. No other business can get way with something like that, but since hey its just comics its all good. It speaks volume about the people on here.

You seem to be getting your wires crossed. I don't know about other posters but I'm not necessarily defending his statement. As we can all see many of the Internet posters are very sensitive about their virginity, heh...so, he probably should have kept it to himself whether it was joking or not. But it's the fact that people flip out over this like he truly was insulting EVERY COMIC BOOK READER EVER. And I doubt that's what he was doing. And I was also defending the fact that the man is still allowed to have an opinion on things. Just because he's ACTUALLY IN THE BUSINESS doesn't mean what he has to say is automatically mute. He's a human just like the rest of us with thoughts and ideas...he can share an opinion.

Actually it was, because when he posted it, it more of an open thing. He wasnt really respond to one post, it was a sweeping blanket statement towards all the fanboys complaining.

More of an open thing to posters who were being ridiculously out of line, I'm sure. Not to every single comic book fan who has complained about late books. Did you read that interview Bendis did with Dan Slott? And they briefly talked about message boards and some of the rather disrespectful fans on the sites? And how there are always a certain amount of posters who just don't let up at all? I believe the number was six to eight, heh.

Well, I'm guessing that goes for Bryan Hitch as well. I didn't read that original thread that the post came from. But I do know how posters are on this board. There are certain posters on this board who are completely out of touch with reality it seems. And the way I've seen other professionals talked about around here it's safe to say there were probably some brutal things said simply because the guy is putting a comic book out late. And Hitch, who has easily taken crap from his delays on The Ultimates, could relate with that anger, I'm sure.

You haven't gotten mad at a poster around here for saying something ridiculously stupid before? And then you respond with your opinion on the matter? But Hitch isn't allowed to do that because he's actually in the business and exempt from those things? :confused:

If he seriously offended you because he said the oldest trick in the book "why don't you go lose your virginity"...then I think some people around here need to grow up. :o

SpideyInATree said:
You haven't gotten mad at a poster around here for saying something ridiculously stupid before? And then you respond with your opinion on the matter? But Hitch isn't allowed to do that because he's actually in the business and exempt from those things? :confused:

If he seriously offended you because he said the oldest trick in the book "why don't you go lose your virginity"...then I think some people around here need to grow up. :o

LOL! Im not offended at all. I could really care less what hitch has to say about my virginity or lack thereof. Everytime I try to get out, they pull me back in! About the Hitch question. No, hes not allowed to do that. People complain about Windows all the time, Windows sucks, its always crashing, it never works. What if Bill Gates poster something online telling those people to go out and lose their virginity? I can just see the mainstream media attention, windows user backlash, the ****storm it would create. Oh, im sorry this is comics, they can get away with that. For some who claims not to be defending it, you seem to be doing a lot of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"