Android 4.1 "Jellybean" has been released!

Malice

BMFH
Reaction score
For all of you that like Android and have been excited to see the next release of the OS, its here. Google has officially released the source code into the AOSP (Android Open Source Project).

This means, all the ROM developers and the like, can go download it and start toying with it, as well as start using it to put on their own devices.

News Article - Link

Its a great thing, because for myself, I use Cyanogenmod on my old phone as well as on my Nook Color. Cyanogenmod deems at this point (and of course is subject to change) that all phones and devices that can run Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" should be able to get the new Jelly Bean release.

Have fun!

I've been running JB on my Galaxy Nexus since Google I/O. They pushed it to some of the phones that they gave away at the event. Naturally, that image was ripped and made available to a few phones.....like the Galaxy Nexus. It really does run really good. Very smooth. It's more-or-less ICS with a few added tweaks.

Now that AOSP has dropped it should really take off!

My phone hasn't even gotten ICS yet so I have no hope for Jellybean at least until I get the Nexus 7 tablet.

So, for me to get this, I would have to root my phone, correct?

It depends on what phone you have. If it's newer, then it might get an official release. If it's older, rooting will be the way to go. I haven't rooted my phone, but I did it to my Touchpad (CM7) and it was very easy.

It depends on what phone you have. If it's newer, then it might get an official release. If it's older, rooting will be the way to go. I haven't rooted my phone, but I did it to my Touchpad (CM7) and it was very easy.
I have a Droid Bionic. It's supposed to be getting ICS here soon anyway but, if Jellybean is better...

Spec wise, it could handle JB, but they seem to be dragging their feet on ICS. Not sure it will get JB anytime soon. I bet there will be a JB rom out next month for your phone. Keep an eye on this forum here.

Its a great thing, because for myself, I use Cyanogenmod on my old phone as well as on my Nook Color. Cyanogenmod deems at this point (and of course is subject to change) that all phones and devices that can run Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" should be able to get the new Jelly Bean release.

Have fun!

how easy is this to use and set up? last thing i wanna do is break this phone lol

It's really easy, but it does come with risks. Go to the link Malice posted and go to their forums. Check the ones pertaining to your phone and see if anyone has had any issues. I did that and then found a video on Youtube that walked me through the process.

There isn't even a reliable rom for ICS and Jellybean is already out. lol

There are some great ICS roms out. It just depends on what phone you have. :up:

Correct. Some phones simply have a better developer community than others. The Galaxy Nexus, for example, has a big developer community, so there are lots of releases and options. There are several very stable, high quality ICS ROMs out there for the Nexus.

I just loaded an official AOSP version of JB on my Nexus. Seems even more smooth than the ripped version I had on previously. Nothing new from that version though. I can't wait to get a JB ROM for my Transformer Prime!

I have 4g lte android, how do I get android 4.1 jellybean on my phone?

Last edited:
Do you mean the HTC Evo 4G LTE? As of right now, I don't see any ROMs out for this phone running Jellybean. So the short answer is: you can't. Not yet. Looks like some Dev's are working on it but haven't released any yet. Of course, you have to be rooted to flash those ROMs on your phone.

As for when will Sprint release it for the HTC Evo 4G LTE? That's anybody's guess at this point. Sprint hasn't been particularly good about getting updates out in a timely fashion, so I wouldn't get too excited.

Do you mean the HTC Evo 4G LTE? As of right now, I don't see any ROMs out for this phone running Jellybean. So the short answer is: you can't. Not yet. Looks like some Dev's are working on it but haven't released any yet. Of course, you have to be rooted to flash those ROMs on your phone.

As for when will Sprint release it for the HTC Evo 4G LTE? That's anybody's guess at this point. Sprint hasn't been particularly good about getting updates out in a timely fashion, so I wouldn't get too excited.

Thank you for the information... By the way, it is LG 4G LTE.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"