Eternals Angelina Jolie is Thena

It's an amazing get but I feel people would be more excited if this happened 10 years ago versus now since she's really disappeared from the limelight the past few years.

Angelina Jolie is still Angelina Jolie who gets stories from gossip sites and tabloids from time to time. Also her resume as an actress is pretty diverse. She would give more interest to this film and at the same time, she's gonna have another successful film under her belt especially if she gets a good role so win win. Also Maleficent 2 is coming out this year.

Is she definitely in this? Or just in talks? Is she going to play Sersi? I guess she looks the part.

If Feige were interested in the Inhumans, then we would've gotten big names for that too instead of the pitiful cast members we did get.

I definitely think sgess doing this to impress her kids.

Only question is how long is her contract.

Is she definitely in this? Or just in talks? Is she going to play Sersi? I guess she looks the part.

If Feige were interested in the Inhumans, then we would've gotten big names for that too instead of the pitiful cast members we did get.
Usually "in talks" means they'll be in it and we don't know who she's playing yet, but probably not Sersi

Wow, I definately did not see this coming. That's a great casting choice. Really curious to see which character she'll portray.

It's an amazing get but I feel people would be more excited if this happened 10 years ago versus now since she's really disappeared from the limelight the past few years.
I think this works here though. She’s less in the spotlight now than she was back then. Has she been in anything big lately other than Maleficent?

I think this works here though. She’s less in the spotlight now than she was back then. Has she been in anything big lately other than Maleficent?
Not unless you count Kung Fu Panda. She has a film called Come Away coming out soon as well

I’d consider voice over work not as important only because I’m talking about being over exposed visually and you don’t really see her when Kung Fu Panda is out.

I need more casting stat!

I’d consider voice over work not as important only because I’m talking about being over exposed visually and you don’t really see her when Kung Fu Panda is out.

I need more casting stat!
Same here! Looking forward to seeing this cast come together and Angelina is a terrific start. I wonder if she's Thena or Elysius. I think it's one of those two

She focused in directing films. Since Maleficent came out she already directed three films.

This isn't like the Jennifer Lawrence scenario in which the last few films that Jlaw headlined underperformed.

Same here! Looking forward to seeing this cast come together and Angelina is a terrific start. I wonder if she's Thena or Elysius. I think it's one of those two

I think if you get somebody like Jolie, you give her the lead character. I'll be fairly surprised if she's not Sersei.

If she's really Sersei, then this is Mcu's biggest lead role casting to date, and thats assuming Sersei has a bigger role than Ikaris.

I think if you get somebody like Jolie, you give her the lead character. I'll be fairly surprised if she's not Sersei.

It’s the old “biggest name in the cast in a supporting part to give the project an added commercial boost/prestige” move.

Blanchett in Thor?

It’s the old “biggest name in the cast in a supporting part to give the project an added commercial boost/prestige” move.

Blanchett in Thor?

Ragnarok was the third movie in the franchise, not exactly the same, but otherwise I agree.

I would prefer a predominantly "not-white" cast here, especially in the lead characters, seeing we already got a pantheon of godlike beings in the MCU and they were mostly pale, comic and mythos accurate I know.
Go like MCU Asgard with a mix of everything but take the perfect opportunity to diversify a bit more your leading actors, Eternals should/could indeed represent a sum of the mythologies of all around the world.

If Jolie is Sersei, I won't be surprised if Ikarus is a non-white actor.

Blanchett in Thor?
Blanchett though is in a different level compare to Angelina Jolie. Jolie is also a celebrity and can sell movies just because she's in it. I don't think the same thing can be said to Cate Blanchett.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"