Titans Anna Diop is Starfire

Animated? She's been animated all of 3 times!

https://assets.******************.com/content/uploads/2017/08/Anna-Diop-Starfire-1.png

Her face looks just as round here as it does Starfire.

:hehe:

Plus where is this "must look like the animated version" coming from...and why does it only apply to Starfire? No live action version of any comic book character looks just like the comic or cartoons. People wanting her to be orange is understandable, but that other stuff is strange to put it mildly.

I do think that Robin's too old. Starfire's too old. Raven's too cutesy and young.

https://assets.******************.com/content/uploads/2017/08/Anna-Diop-Starfire-1.png

I don't really agree with that.

Cherry picking comic covers where it cooooouuuuullllddd work doesn’t mean for each one of those there aren’t like 20 where she looks Leighton Meester or Amber Heard, though.

And yet it shows that artists draw don't draw her 100% the same. Who cares if she looks like Leighton Meester or Amber Heard, she is orange, she is from outerspace, she don't even have pupils majority of the time, doesnt mean Anna cant play her.

Fans didnt go this deep trying to find something to criticize down to "her face isnt round enough!" for all of the men who've played Batman. But I guess some people tried to complain that Gal couldnt play WW because of her breast size and eye color so...shouldnt be surprised.

You're right about it having nothing to do with it. I see dark black men dissing dark black women all the time (and vice versa).

Man I am not dissing her, I just said that she's a pretty girl. My girlfriend looks just like her with shorter, black hair. Darker skin too.

But let's entertain the idea for a second that I WERE dissing her, is there some rule where I'm only allowed to diss non-dark, black people? Just because we're black does that mean we've lost all individual thought and are part of some hivemind that says we have to be satisfied with any black actress that is cast as Starfire?

I just suggested two lovely ladies who, biracial or not, to the outside world are perceived as and treated black. So in fact you are the one turning this into a race thing by bringing up the fact that they're biracial as if that in any way negates my point that they both look more like Starfire to me.

The iterations I prefer and am familiar with atleast.

Gotta say...in all my years on the various comic book/comic related media forums...I've never seen anyone's complaint be about the face shape of a live action interpretation of a character vs. the animated one (I would say source material but obviously the comics were first and her face shape changes depending on the artist). So congrats on having an original beef. :oldrazz:

Facial features, there's a difference. And any comic book fan worth his salt will nitpick anything to death.

Man I am not dissing her, I just said that she's a pretty girl. My girlfriend looks just like her with shorter, black hair. Darker skin too.

:huh: I thought it was pretty clear that I was addressing my misunderstanding of post #109. You brought up the darkness of your skin not me. I was agreeing with you that the darkness of your skin would have had no bearing on whether that was your issue with the actor.

But let's entertain the idea for a second that I WERE dissing her, is there some rule where I'm only allowed to diss non-dark, black people? Just because we're black does that mean we've lost all individual thought and are part of some hivemind that says we have to be satisfied with any black actress that is cast as Starfire?

I just suggested two lovely ladies who, biracial or not, to the outside world are perceived as and treated black. So in fact you are the one turning this into a race thing by bringing up the fact that they're biracial as if that in any way negates my point that they both look more like Starfire to me.

The iterations I prefer and am familiar with at least.

It came across to me like you were saying they would be acceptable because they were light skinned and/or biracial. As I've already addressed in the post you are quoting I disagree with the idea that people who have a problem with her based on her not being orange and/or based on her being played by a black actor would not have a problem with the actors you suggested.

It's a moot point anyway because you wrote in your follow up post that that wasn't what you were suggesting. I then said I was glad to be wrong. Not sure what going in circles about it proves.

She's been animated more than three times:

Teen Titans (animated series)

Starfire_%28Teen_Titans_TV%29.png

Teen Titans GO! (completely new design)

latest

DC Superhero Girls

maxresdefault.jpg

Teen Titans/DC Animated Universe

teen_titans.jpg

In gaming:

Injustice 2

maxresdefault.jpg

DC LEGO

hqdefault.jpg

I do think that Robin's too old. Starfire's too old. Raven's too cutesy and young.

Well the word Teen isn't in the title. Dick is a cop and he's probably going to become Nightwing sometime during season one. But just about all the actors on the show aren't teenagers except for the one playing Raven.

I know, but I think they're too old, even without the teen thing.

I know, but I think they're too old, even without the teen thing.
that was the point (well not the actor being too old so close to the 30's or actually being 30's yet) but to have some titan's not be teens. I wanted it in the original order like it was in the books most of ones that had mentor's being side kicks but moved aways from that and have been on teams befor & had experince) like nightwing, arsenal & wally, and Donna troy to be in their mid to late 20's and other younger in early 20's like star fire cyborg beast boy & Raven to be just getting out of their teens so they are dancing on 19 years old.

and it'll make room for others like those jason todd's age zone and those that were tim's age that age teens wise so they can come into play, cause the book I read of "The titans secret files & origins) which I found best was when the orginal titans started a mentoring program for the younger teen heros like those in young justice, would have mentors while batman and super man & other league memebers are too busy to teach.

IMG_4709.jpg

Also the reason why wally added Jessi Quike to the team nomination wise
IMG_3061.JPG

We next join Arsenal, who is chatting up Supergirl. If you recall she spent some time as a Titan. Hell, those were some pretty dark times for the Titans, so I wouldn't hold it against you if you blocked it out. Anyhoo, Roy... being Roy, flirts a bit. That is, his sole character trait, after all. Well... flirting and heroin, anyway. Anyhoo again, he asks her what her idea of a "good time" is, prompting her to whisper something quite vulgar into his ear. Wonk wonk wonkkk?

latest

[FONT=&quot]"Oh, well... We all just sort of shot out a name. Dick picked Starfire, Donna nominated that Argent girl, Wally wanted Jesse Quick in, I had some stuff to make up to Damage. And Garth picked Vic, here. [/FONT]"-- Arsenal

but this was prior to that getting the young justice members to be titans.

You'll find the issue on ComiXOlogy or a spacialty comic shop. this started the idea have different generations of the titans before tim drake team was formed which allowed there to be those that were of university age to adult(the mentor's) and still allowed there to still be teen's onthe team. it should be this way

when tim and the member of young justice joined later that was the completion of this idea . but it started here.

THE TITANS (1999-2003) #1
5eac0a6f7746fb95ef8be2d7a877187d._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg
Here's the link from ComiXology

The Titans (1999-2003)
No sooner have the Titans re-formed than they find themselves under assault by the new H.I.V.E. in "That Strange Buzzing Sound."

I wanted this that started this idea from the comic issue of Titans Time or Better known as the first issue called that strage buzzing sound
this started in this issue

Issue #1
That Strange Buzzing Sound

March 1, 1999

The Titans

Years Active: 1998-2003
After rescuing Cyborg from alien programming, the original five Titans decided to reform as a team and welcomed five other members into their ranks. The team confronted the anti-Titans group Tartarus, a new H.I.V.E, Dark Angel and a mysterious group of D.E.O. Orphans. But when Troia and Omen were seemingly slain by a rogue Superman Android, the Titans and Young Justice were so distraught that both teams died that day. Meanwhile, on the West Coast, Beast Boy and Flamebird tried to jump-start a new Titans team known as Titans L.A. – but lack of dedication put an end to the team before it truly began.

source: Chris is on Infinite Earths: Titans Secret Files & Origins #1 (1999) , Titans Secret Files and Origins Vol 1 1 &The Titans | Titanstower.com

Last edited:

Geek Vibes Nation @NYCC‏ @GeekVibesNation 1h1 hour ago
Anna Diop Says We Will See Classic Starfire Costume In 'TITANS' #Titans #Starfire

Do01ft-WwAAU6AA.jpg

starfire-anna-diop-1000x450.jpeg

When the images of Titans were first revealed people loved Brenton Thwaites as Robin, they got onboard with Teagan Croft as Raven, and they looked past Ryan Potter’s non traditional look as Beast Boy. But when it came to Anna Diop’s look as Starfire fans lost their minds. They trashed her look from head to toe and even shaming her so bad on social media that her co-star Ryan Potter made a statement calling fans out for it. During the Titans premier ComicBook caught up with Anna and she shed some light on her classic comic look and when we would see it

“As soon as I put it on, everyone was flipping out. It’s awesome because it’s something that so many people have seen for so long and it means so much to people and this is the first time we’re bringing it to life, but you know — our story takes its time. It takes its time, it’s an origin story, so it takes its time in the characters coming to this place where you see them and the way that everyone’s always known. I hope that the audience can be patient with us and have fun with us. It’s a ride, and it’s a fun one.”

Does this calm your fears? Are you excited to see Anna suit as the classic Starfire we all know and love? Titans is currently FRESH on RottenTomatoes and you can check out our review of the show here.

source: Anna Diop Says We Will See Classic Starfire Costume In 'TITANS'

She is absolutely gorgeous. I have no problem with her not being orange, i think she has the look and can be a great starfire. As soon as they drop that wig and a fur coat.

I have no issue with her skin colour at all... but that wig would look awful no matter if you were black, white, orange or green. It's cheap and naff and clearly comes from the same box they used for Medusa. Once they sort that, she'll be perfect :-)

After watching the first episode i think shes a great casting.

Starfire by far was the most interesting character in the first episode.

I see they picked her because the actress comes across as multilingual. :up:

She was enjoyable. Now I just need her look to be 10x better.

I genuinely don't know what they mean by her getting that comic-accurate costume. Did they mean the show?

They aren't "Titans" yet so she is supposed to be Starfire by end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"