Another curiosity: anyone here who disliked Michelle Pfeiffer's portrayal of Catwoman

Dr. Fate

Avenger
Reaction score
No fear of reprisal now, we're all fans here. Is there anyone here who was not completely satisfied with Michelle Pfeiffer's portrayal of Catwoman? I'm not talking about whether or not you found her hot as Catwoman, I'm talking about her overall characterization. Even if you didn't dislike it, was it just something you really didn't care for.

She was perfect in the role.She was everything Catwoman was meant to be and more.

Michelle Pfeiffer made the part her own. She was the best actress ever to appear in a Batman movie.

I don't know how anyone could have hated her in that role. She owned it. :up: :up:

She was practically perfect.

Anyone who says otherwise should be locked in a room with Batman & Robin on the tv.

No, I think she is the best translation of a character from a comicbook to a movie after Christopher Reeve as Superman.

Dr. Fate said:
No fear of reprisal now, we're all fans here. Is there anyone here who was not completely satisfied with Michelle Pfeiffer's portrayal of Catwoman? I'm not talking about whether or not you found her hot as Catwoman, I'm talking about her overall characterization. Even if you didn't dislike it, was it just something you really didn't care for.

I didn't like the characterization of Catwoman in BR. I thought it was pretty lame. But what's the point of bringing it up now? Catwoman and the Burton films are a thing of the past. In the words of Stephen Colbert, "They're dead to me."

I liked her as Burton's Catwoman, she fit the mould he made very well and looked the part perfectly.

Myself, however, I would like to see Catwoman done how she is really meant to be: a very skilled and talented theif, not a woman with cat-like powers.

I thought she was great in the role, despite few problem I have with how the character was use in BR. She was so great that I wasn't sure how she could pull it off before we first see her in the role, 'cause Michelle never struck me as the type to play a role like Catwoman. Meow! ;)

SKSpawn said:
I liked her as Burton's Catwoman, she fit the mould he made very well and looked the part perfectly.

Myself, however, I would like to see Catwoman done how she is really meant to be: a very skilled and talented theif, not a woman with cat-like powers.
That's all I wanted to know.

no halle berry's was better.

lol

no she did a great job. Purrrfectly capturing the soul of catwoman. My fav one was and probably will always be the one from the 60s show though. She was a mean bich and totally like the comic one I'm sure. Don't really care cuz I'll still love her, but yeah she was probably a more comic accurate version.

anadinseawater said:
She was practically perfect.

Anyone who says otherwise should be locked in a room with Batman & Robin on the tv.

But, if they didn't like her portrayal of Catwoman, they would probably like B&R. That wouldn't be torture at all!

Anyways, Michelle Pfeiffer was awesome as Catwoman.

SKSpawn said:

Pfeiffer's Catwoman was a thief, and she had all the acrobatic skills of the comics. Burton could have just given us a sexy thief, but he spent the time creating a fascinating character and fleshing out Catwoman far more than any previous media has done. Which is more important really?

Michelle's Catwoman rocked. That's all that needs to be said.

she didn't have cat-like powers in BR.
:confused:

in Halle Berry's CINO they gave her magical powers, but in BR a lot of that had to do with symbolic meanings, imagery, and metaphors.

she was nothing short of excellent, I loved every minute of it.

Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman was great in every way accept her origin. Died and brought back to life by cats? Lame.

VaderRISE said:
Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman was great in every way accept her origin. Died and brought back to life by cats? Lame.

I also agree.:up:

oi vey.....ok, i shall explain this once more!
her origin is not "resurrection by cats," her origin is a bit complicated.

Selina Kyle as we see her early in the film is mousy, repressed, and demure, adhearing to all the stereotypes that dominate feminity. her house is pink, it's full of cutesy things, and it's all very girly. once she begins to discover dark things about her boss, the emergence of a new personality is being created. when he shoves her out the window the old Selina is dying, and the new Selina is being born. tough, sexual, dominant, fierce - Catwoman as we know her to be for the rest of the film is being born as Selina falls through one canopy after another. by the time she hits the ground, she's only metaphorically died, not literally. she takes on the persona of a cat for two reasons: it's the first thing she sees when she reawakens with her new persona, and because it is the symbol of the person who 'killed' the old version of her.

throughout the rest of the movie the two personalities are clashing for dominance in her mind, with the end being that Catwoman wins out and Selina Kyle as we knew her is no more.

Anyway I prefer TAS version of Catwoman, they got it right and hopefully we see better origin this time by Nolan, I'm sorry bitten by cats was lame and still is if Burton made the film now. Selina Kyle was never "girly pinkly" kind of a way who worked at Max Sheck's company. Again it was all Tim Burton version not the comic book version anyawy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"