The Dark Knight Rises Shirley Manson Purrs About Her Catwoman Potential

I'd take her over Manson. We know Cher can act very well. Selina requires a great actress who can interact with Nolan's all-star cast effortlessly.

Her body means nothing unless she has the proper acting skills to back herself up. There are better actresses who are in great shape with better acting skills who can do Selina well. Manson is not one of them.
Cher could act. Now she has no facial expressions apart from 'Cher', it limits her acting ability.

And Shirley M has a Scottish accent, not Irish, which should have little to do withher getting a part. Accents can be hidden, plus catwoman doesn't have to be american

Cher could act. Now she has no facial expressions apart from 'Cher', it limits her acting ability.

Despite that limitation I'd still consider Cher a more talented actress then Manson.

And Shirley M has a Scottish accent, not Irish, which should have little to do withher getting a part.

You're right. Her inexperience is enough to disqualify her from the role.

Accents can be hidden,

Manson hasn't proven she can do that.

plus catwoman doesn't have to be american

True.

Last edited:
Just to make it clear, in no way do i want shirley Manson any where near a sequel.

she's even too stiff to play a convincing robot, no thanks!

Michelle Pfeiffer... to date... has been the best female actress ever to play a comic book character. The BEST. I dare anyone out there to name an actress who has played a comic book character better on the big screen.

Jolie? Please... she sucked in both Tomb Raider films, and I just don't see her doing justice to the character. Plus, I highly doubt Nolan would want all the press that would come with her and Brad Pitt (shades on Tom and Katie.) To much baggage.

I love GARBAGE, but that girl is just wrong for Catwoman. Catwoman needs to be played by someone who can act.

Holly's to hard for Manson.

She's not experienced enough for roles like that yet.

We're talking about Holly from "Year One" right? That little imp of a prostitute that lived with Selina and spoke extremely slow, forcing certain syllables of words?

I don't see that as a difficult role for anyone...

Unless there's another Holly you thought I was talking about...

CFE

We're talking about Holly from "Year One" right? That little imp of a prostitute that lived with Selina and spoke extremely slow, forcing certain syllables of words?

I don't see that as a difficult role for anyone...

Unless there's another Holly you thought I was talking about...

CFE

Holly became a much more interesting character after Year One. In the just canceled Catwoman series she became a supporting cast member and temporary substitute for Selina when she retired. Holly was great in 52, as well.

Manson can't do that version at all.

I never seen Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles so I don't know if she can actBut this picture shows "no for Catwoman look"

shirley_m_black_dress.jpg

I always thought Shirley to be a very exotic hottie and I have always liked her. She also has that naughty side to her....but she might a bit told old now and she doesn't have enough of the acting chops, that Nolan would most likely want for the role IMO.

I like her enthusiasm though and she is still a little hottie IMO. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"