Comics Another "House of M: Spider-Man" Question

ScottishFogg

Narnian
Reaction score
i know i just posted a thread last week or so about the House of M and Spider-Man, but i have another question and if anyone could help me on this, i'd really appreciate it.

in the actual "House of M" storyline, we see Peter wake up, living in the city, and eventually get recruited by Wolverine to escape this altered reality.

then, in the "House of M: Spider-Man" story arc, we see Peter living as Spider-Man
go crazy, become the Green Goblin and eventually give up being Spider-Man so he can live in peace with his family in the country
. my question is, does this story tie into the "House of M" continuity? or is this just an extension of the original "what if . . ." premise, showing what would have become of him had he not escaped?
:confused:

Many of us have tried to figure out how the two stories tie together... and we never did come up with a reasonable answer. Marvel just doesn't seem to care to explain it, I guess. Personally, I just ignore the SM:HOM storyline altogether.

Mara Jane said:
Many of us have tried to figure out how the two stories tie together... and we never did come up with a reasonable answer. Marvel just doesn't seem to care to explain it, I guess. Personally, I just ignore the SM:HOM storyline altogether.
Me too. Spider-Man H of M was one of the biggest wastes of time and money I ever indulged in. IMO, it never happened.

i don't care to ignore it, i thought the idea behind it was pretty decent and its conclusion still has ramifications that are being felt all across Marvel comics (New Avengers, Young Avengers, probably the Civil War). i'm just trying to sort it out.

so Marvel's never made a comment on it or tried to explain the off-shoot books?

The only follow-up regarding Spidey was in the Son of M mini.

The ending of the SM:HOM mini makes no sense in the overall context of HoM. I don't ignore HoM, I ignore SM:HOM. According to SM:HOM, Pete must have been away from NY for months in that world (his hair grew back) and then (to fit in with HoM) decided to suddenly return and shave his head again so that Layla could undo his memories? Huh? Wasn't the whole HoM thing supposed to be a few days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"