Another terrorist attack in France near Rouen

the gael

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm shocked, this time they have attacked near the town in which I live (Rouen)
In Saint Etienne du Rouvray, in the suburb of Rouen, 2 terrorists have assaulted a catholic church. They forced the priest (a 84 years old guy) to kneel before them and sliced his throat. Yes, they murdered an old man who wasn't able to defend himself. They seriously injured another man and took the people who where in the church hostage. The GIGN assaulted the church, killing both of the terrorist.

http://www.francetvinfo.fr/faits-divers/terrorisme/saint-etienne-du-rouvray/attaque-dans-une-eglise-de-saint-etienne-du-rouvray-les-premiers-elements-connus-de-l-enquete_1564179.html

It's over. The terrorists were killed. They claimed they were from Deash / IS.
MF**!

What do they know about the perpetrators?

Not much as been released about the attackers (that I've seen) as only one attacker has been identified, but the article below says that one of them was a teen who had been convicted of terrorist charges last year after he was caught trying to reach an IS stronghold in Syria.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/one-hos...ult-on-church-in-france-police-say-1469525653

Edit: this article has a little more info on him: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/26/europe/france-normandy-church-hostage/

"...one of the church attackers had tried to go to fight in Syria last year but had been stopped in Turkey by authorities there. He was then deported to France and sent to prison in May 2015 before he was released, placed under police surveillance and forced to wear an electronic monitoring tag.

According to a French intelligence source, the attacker tried to enter Syria twice after becoming radicalized following the Charlie Hebdo magazine office attacks in Paris. The attacker was associated with Maxime Hauchard, a French jihadi who appeared in an ISIS beheading video in 2014, the source said."

Last edited:
Not much as been released about the attackers (that I've seen) as only one attacker has been identified, but the article below says that one of them was a teen who had been convicted of terrorist charges last year after he was caught trying to reach an IS stronghold in Syria.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/one-hos...ult-on-church-in-france-police-say-1469525653

Edit: this article has a little more info on him: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/26/europe/france-normandy-church-hostage/

"...one of the church attackers had tried to go to fight in Syria last year but had been stopped in Turkey by authorities there. He was then deported to France and sent to prison in May 2015 before he was released, placed under police surveillance and forced to wear an electronic monitoring tag.

According to a French intelligence source, the attacker tried to enter Syria twice after becoming radicalized following the Charlie Hebdo magazine office attacks in Paris. The attacker was associated with Maxime Hauchard, a French jihadi who appeared in an ISIS beheading video in 2014, the source said."

Guy gets caught trying to team up with ISIS, a barbaric West-hating fanatical group, best decision is obviously to send him back to a Western country that has recently suffered some of the worst terror attacks in modern history and whose population is a favored target for said group.

Surely at this point it must be approaching criminal negligence to have allowed him back, they knew he was a risk and still harbored him. Another calendar year of this and European natives are going to start taking things into their own hands and innocent Muslims are going to be at the same risk the European citizens are now.

This is like allowing a pedophile that's been convicted of attempting to kidnap a child to continue walking on a playground. Has Europe lost its mind?

Murdering an 84-year-old man.

Wow, what martyrs. What warriors.

Is there some rule in ISIS doctrine that says all murders you commit must be carried out in as cowardly a manner as possible?

They go for the shock value. These guys are sociopaths who are using religion as a front. They just like killing people.

Pit them against the British SAS or Navy Seals and see how well they do. They can only kill innocent people because they're too stupid and too cowardly to kill actual trained soldiers.

How sad for them.

ISIS are not soldiers. They want war. All they will eventually get is killed.

I've seen videos of them where bombs are raining down on their camps and all they say is "Allahu Akbar." They're uneducated little boys.

This is a religious war. I think we have to come to terms with that.

I don't see it that way. That's what they want.

You guys do know half of the attacks ISIS claim they do aren't even done by them, they just take responsibility to make themselves look threatening

You guys do know half of the attacks ISIS claim they do aren't even done by them, they just take responsibility to make themselves look threatening

Inspired, is the term. Although these may have been the real thing.

They're all just petty thugs with no real cause.

This sucks, I studied in Rouen. It's so peaceful you'd think you are in Canada. They don't deserve this c**p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"