Another TV show on the big screen: Veronica Mars!

Shifty

Chief of Surgery
Reaction score
Its in the works!

Veronica-Mars-763996.JPG

Exclusive: Bell, Thomas Orbit 'Veronica Mars' Movie

Aug 19, 2008, 11:47 AM | by Michael Ausiello

Categories: Veronica Mars

Yeah, yeah, okay, so it would've been kinda cool to be in Beijing last week when Michael Phelps won his record-shattering eighth gold medal. But it would've been even cooler to have had a ringside seat in Rob Thomas' office instead: At around the same time the man from Atlantis was making the splash heard 'round the world, the creator of Veronica Mars was sitting down with his beloved, lamented series' star, Kristen Bell, to discuss bringing the cult hit to the big screen.

Seriously.

The impromptu powwow took place last week in the offices of Thomas' Hollywood-based production company, which just so happens to be located on the same lot where Bell is shooting Heroes. "Kristen and I ran into each other, and we did discuss a Veronica movie," confirms Thomas, who says he has also had "a few conversations" with Mars executive producer Joel Silver.

"It's very tough to focus on it right now with two pilots on my plate," adds Thomas, referring to his two ABC projects, a reworking of his '90s dramedy Cupid and an adaptation of the New Zealand series Outrageous Fortune. "But as soon as I have any free time, that's my top priority."

For her part, Bell considers it a "major compliment" that people are still interested in Mars. "[Fans] still ask me all the time if the show's coming back. Emotionally, I don't want to think about Veronica Mars every day because it really does make me sad."

Regarding her recent chat with Thomas about a Mars feature, the star of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, perhaps not wanting to jinx things, flashes a Cheshire cat grin and says, "We'll see."

Translation: We're halfway there to getting this thing greenlit! Now let's take care of the other half by turning the comments section into a makeshift petition. Do you want to see a VM feature? Register your support below! (Additional reporting by Jeff Jensen)

I'd be there opening weekend.
First Arrested Develoment and now this? :)

If its going to be a feature its probably going to be about her first year in the FBI. Keith has to find a way into it as well.

Season 4 FBI Pitch part 1
[YT]-npML3_b9Dw[/YT]
part 2
[YT]MubW7fk1vvs[/YT]

I would have watched it soooo happily. There's a lot of directions they could go with it, too. Crazy.

Yay! Thats all I can say, the only thing I hope is. If they do go the FBI path, they better not crap out and use it as a excuse to not bring EVERYBODY back.

I want Keith, I want Logan, I want Wallace, I want Mac, I want Dick, I want them all. :o

An FBI Case that takes her back to Neptune could be VEEEERY interesting, and kind of parallel the time we've been away from Veronica Mars.

Yay! Thats all I can say, the only thing I hope is. If they do go the FBI path, they better not crap out and use it as a excuse to not bring EVERYBODY back.

I want Keith, I want Logan, I want Wallace, I want Mac, I want Dick, I want them all. :o

An FBI Case that takes her back to Neptune could be VEEEERY interesting, and kind of parallel the time we've been away from Veronica Mars.

Word to both.

and may I add, SQUEEEEEEE!!!!

Do I want a Veronica Mars movie? **** yes.

Great news! I hope they can make it PG-13 and push the envelope on the big screen.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news people, but this probably isnt gonna happen. ALl that has happened was Thomas and Bell running into each other on the street, talking for a while, and saying they both would like doing a movie. Nothing has happened. Both Arrested Development and Veronica Mars are both still just ideas. Movies need money and failed tv shows arent really high up on movie exec's lists of things to put their money behind.

I'm pretty sure we all know that, we're just dreaming. Kinda like Thomas and Bell were doing.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news people, but this probably isnt gonna happen. ALl that has happened was Thomas and Bell running into each other on the street, talking for a while, and saying they both would like doing a movie. Nothing has happened. Both Arrested Development and Veronica Mars are both still just ideas. Movies need money and failed tv shows arent really high up on movie exec's lists of things to put their money behind.

Goodbye.

Yay Bell. :heart:

Don't know anything about the show though.

There is a difference between a failed tv show because it was too smart for its network or too dumb. Yes it may not happen but this could be used to show a movie could be makde.

If they go the FBI route all you're doing is making a movie with some existing characters and fitting them into this FBI mystery film. It has a built in fanbase, Kristen Bell continues to become more and more popular and if they cast another popular male actor as her partner you can get a decent draw that isn't expensive to produce.

Rob Thomas is still game, Joel Silver produced the show so he would certainly help the movie get made at WB and by leaking this news it gets the fanbase exicted. The studio sees that there still is an audience, an audience that wants a movie ad perhaps sales of the three DVD sets increase because of this news.

The AD movie is more likely to happen. Mitch is writing it as he said he would after the strike and they're working out salaries for the cast.

This...Must...Happen. Also, it should be rated R, and Kristen should get naked...for like, the whole movie...

It could happen you never know, look what happened with Firefly.

Some news on the movie...

stion: I know it's only been a week, but any news on the Veronica Mars movie? -- Robin
Ausiello: Actually, yes! Contrary to speculation, Mars 2.0 would likely find Veronica battling crime in college rather than on the government's payroll. "The FBI scenario was more of a 'What if...?' aimed at getting us a fourth season [before the show was canceled]," Mars boss Rob Thomas tells me. "I would want to bring back our key players, and it would be tough to believe that the FBI stationed Veronica in Neptune." No arguments on this end!

nice, im completely hooked on the show, bought all seasons for $18 at target... thats all 3 for the price of one! :D. So ive been pretty busy, sadly on the last 2 discs now though of the series :(

Another film to the big screen? Why did this series get canned?

I saw Enrico Colantoni in a Harvey's today, so I think I have a little more knowledge on this than the rest of you:

It ain't gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"