Another TV show on the big screen: Veronica Mars!

I thought the corrupt sheriff angle and weavil was handled great because it left the door open to a possibility of more. Imo. The entire police department is corrupt. Not just the sheriff... I was actually hoping we would have seen Keith re-elected as sheriff at the end of this. Neptune still has cleaning up to do.

I felt bad for weavil though but he obviously went back to his old ways to keep tabs on things. (trying his best to make sure the corrupt rich don't punish the poor as well as keep the gang inline ... Under his leadership they would have never done what they did which lead to weavil's incident)

Honestly if we ever get another film or a show..... I really want the kane family utilized... I felt like Duncan was never properly wrapped up, and celest and Mr kane are clearly seedy individuals with vague things happening.... Especially after season 3's ending

Also, did we ever find out who taped and distributed Veronica and Piz's sex tape?

I'd agree on the corrupt Sheriff plot if there was a guaranteed series or sequel in the bank, but there isn't and to me it's not something you overlap into a film, it's more of a TV series way of writing.

Weevil had been clean for 5 years, had his own business and a wife and kid. Having his only resort to be going back to being a banger just felt cheap to me.

The tape was leaked by that *****e with ties to the mob wasn't it?

I'd agree on the corrupt Sheriff plot if there was a guaranteed series or sequel in the bank, but there isn't and to me it's not something you overlap into a film, it's more of a TV series way of writing.

Weevil had been clean for 5 years, had his own business and a wife and kid. Having his only resort to be going back to being a banger just felt cheap to me.

The tape was leaked by that *****e with ties to the mob wasn't it?

I can't remember

But weavils return to the gang was very much in character. I have to rewatch the movie again... But there's a good chance they couldn't prove the gun was planted and he very well could have lost his wife and daughter because of it. Its upsetting because he had the life his character deserved... But i felt it was actually very much in character for him to get back on that bike. As upsetting as it is

I can't remember

But weavils return to the gang was very much in character. I have to rewatch the movie again... But there's a good chance they couldn't prove the gun was planted and he very well could have lost his wife and daughter because of it. Its upsetting because he had the life his character deserved... But i felt it was actually very much in character for him to get back on that bike. As upsetting as it is

I'm pretty sure it was, that is why Logan kicked his ass and dumped his dinner tray on him in the last episode even after Veronica told him not to because he was connected.

That was the character of Weevil if Weevil is never to progress. Even by series 3 he had moved on to a degree, and in the film he was 5 years on and already out of his jam as the Sheriff was no longer reliable and the testimony of Keith would be enough to cast reasonable doubt. Plus from what Veronica said the gun was Weevil's, so he hadn't moved on as far as was made out in the earlier scenes, but it still felt like resetting him in such a stereotypical way for the banger kid.

I'm pretty sure it was, that is why Logan kicked his ass and dumped his dinner tray on him in the last episode even after Veronica told him not to because he was connected.

That was the character of Weevil if Weevil is never to progress. Even by series 3 he had moved on to a degree, and in the film he was 5 years on and already out of his jam as the Sheriff was no longer reliable and the testimony of Keith would be enough to cast reasonable doubt. Plus from what Veronica said the gun was Weevil's, so he hadn't moved on as far as was made out in the earlier scenes, but it still felt like resetting him in such a stereotypical way for the banger kid.

But isn't that very much Neptune? the rich stay *****ey and corrupt and those who are poor and afflicted by them stay in the gutter? No one really escapes their social class? Id argue even Veronica stopped fighting for what she should have and earned.. for where she belonged. In all honesty the only character who truly changed over the course of the show/film was Logan. Pretty much everyone else at this films end were the same people they were in the first season of the show.

I think rob has done a fantastic job using Veronica Mars as a commentary on social classes

But isn't that very much Neptune? the rich stay *****ey and corrupt and those who are poor and afflicted by them stay in the gutter? No one really escapes their social class? Id argue even Veronica stopped fighting for what she should have and earned.. for where she belonged. In all honesty the only character who truly changed over the course of the show/film was Logan. Pretty much everyone else at this films end were the same people they were in the first season of the show.

I think rob has done a fantastic job using Veronica Mars as a commentary on social classes

I think Veronica chose the path she did because it's who she is, she is an investigator and the thrill of the case pushes her like nothing else. To me she was more accepting who she is rather than where she was. Weevil to me was always gonna have a degree of shady situations around him, but for him to go all the way back to square one for no real reason felt like they did it as they had no idea what to do with him outside of that established comfort zone should a new series get green lit.

The characters being pretty much who they've been for ten years was fine for most of them as they were in good places. Logan got to evolve beyond the guy he was even though that dark edge and rash temper remained, Weevil reverted back to being the guy from the very first ep which I just wasn't a fan of.

So i just rethought about this... And the gun was not weavil's. Remember its what deputy sacks came to Keith to talk about in the parking garage.... And he said they planted the gun on him.

So i just rethought about this... And the gun was not weavil's. Remember its what deputy sacks came to Keith to talk about in the parking garage.... And he said they planted the gun on him.

Veronica said to Weevil at the end "About the gun they planted on you, the stooley claims he bought it from you, he clearly fears the Sheriff more than he does you" So I guess I may have interpreted that wrong and it was never Weevil's gun it was just the look they exchanged made me think Weevil was admitting the gun was his. My thought was it was his gun initially, I was wrong there for sure.

Veronica said to Weevil at the end "About the gun they planted on you, the stooley claims he bought it from you, he clearly fears the Sheriff more than he does you" So I guess I may have interpreted that wrong and it was never Weevil's gun it was just the look they exchanged made me think Weevil was admitting the gun was his. My thought was it was his gun initially, I was wrong there for sure.

Well with the gun not being his and the possible chance he could have lost his wife and kid over the situation.... Add to that, since when has Neptune actually listened to Keith mars?

I just see weavil in a similar situation Veronica was in at the end and the theme Keith kept bringing up about how the city of Neptune traps you. Veronica and weavil both chose who they were. But after both trying to be who they "should be" the fates aligned back into who they were. And apparently decided who they were is exactly who they really are

Well with the gun not being his and the possible chance he could have lost his wife and kid over the situation.... Add to that, since when has Neptune actually listened to Keith mars?

I just see weavil in a similar situation Veronica was in at the end and the theme Keith kept bringing up about how the city of Neptune traps you. Veronica and weavil both chose who they were. But after both trying to be who they "should be" the fates aligned back into who they were. And apparently decided who they were is exactly who they really are

Well given that Keith was nearly murdered along with Sachs I think his testimony would hold weight, especially since the arresting Sheriff had already been removed after Veronica leaked that video.

To me Veronica is not accepting a fate though, she is doing something positive, she can help the down trodden of Neptune and doing something she is great at and loves, it's like she hates Naptune but realizes that it's the best place to utilize her talent and passion. In Weevils case he's throwing it all away as his wife most likely wont be keen on hanging around with Weevil the banger and having her daughter around that environment, it just didn't make any sense to me and was a negative stereotype of a minority character.

Anyone going to be picking up The Thousand Dollar Tan Line?

Yeah, Weevil going back to the gang was dumb on top of it's unfortunate implications. He was happy, and he had Veronica fighting for him. He doesn't need to take over the biker gang again (how do you even do that!?) in order to get a punk teen to talk. Veronica does in between strokes of her toothbrush. It was dumb.

I did enjoy the movie, and it was sad in its own way. Veronica Mars needs help, and sh knows it, but she doesn't want it, she's afraid of being clean. That's so tragic, and the movie acknowledged that but still brought her in a fulfilling arc. Kudos.

Finally got to see it with the DVD release. LOVED it. It honestly felt like the characters had grown up. Not just the characters being the same as they ever were, but in a new setting. Veronica seemed more mature. Logan seemed more mature. Weevil, Gia, Mac, Wallace... obviously not Dick, but that wasn't unexpected. I was just so damn pleased.

Only negative to it was I spent the whole movie trying to remember which episode(s) of the show Martin Starr had appeared in, only to check out IMDB later to see that he never did. Would've felt more effective if his role was a character who had appeared on the show.

Gotta get my hands on that book.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/the-whole-veronica-mars-gang-is-coming-back-for-a-new-webser
The Whole "Veronica Mars" Gang Is Coming Back For A New Web Series
Exclusive: Kristen Bell, Jason Dohring, and a dozen other Veronica Mars alums will co-star in Play It Again, Dick.
posted on Aug. 12, 2014, at 11:59 a.m.
Jarett Wieselman
BuzzFeed Staff

When Play It Again, Dick — a web series revolving around Ryan Hansen’s fan favorite Veronica Mars character, Dick Casablancas — was announced in January 2014, creator Rob Thomas described the project like this: “The web series will have more in common with Party Down tonally, but it will be about Ryan Hansen, or at least a version of Ryan Hansen, deciding to capitalize on the current Veronica Mars heat to get his own series on the air. He’ll try to pull his actor pals into the venture with varying degrees of success.”

In the subsequent seven months, Thomas has been silent on the series. But with filming on the eight-episode series recently completed, BuzzFeed can now reveal the actors who will join Ryan Hansen — who plays Dick Casablancas and a fictionalized version of himself — in the super-meta series.

Kristen Bell as Veronica Mars and Kristen Bell

The Rob Thomas-penned web series revolves around a fictional Veronica Mars spin-off that Hansen has “written” as a star vehicle for himself titled Play It Again, Dick. Like almost everyone involved, Bell plays a slightly skewed version of herself who has — begrudgingly — agreed to reprise her role as the titular sleuth for Hansen’s spin-off.

Jason Dohring as Logan Echolls and Jason Dohring

Enrico Colantoni as Keith Mars and Enrico Colantoni

Percy Daggs III as Wallace Fennel and Percy Daggs III

Daran Norris as Cliff McCormack and Daran Norris

Francis Capra as Eli “Weevil” Navarro and Francis Capra

Kyle Gallner as Cassidy “Beaver” Casablancas and Kyle Gallner

Christopher B. Duncan as Clarence Wiedman and Christopher B. Duncan

Ryan Devlin as Duncan Kane and Ryan Devlin

No, that’s not a typo: Devlin, who played rapist Mercer Hayes in the third season, returns to replace Teddy Dunn as Veronica’s former paramour Duncan Kane in Hansen’s ridiculously bizarre detective series.

Chris Lowell as Chris Lowell

Lowell is one of the few alums returning to play a single character.

Ken Marino as Ken Marino

Likewise, Marino will only play himself and not sleazy private eye Vinnie Van Lowe.

Amanda Noret as Madison Sinclair

She’s only appearing in the show-within-a-show as Madison, rather than as a fictionalized version of herself. (Yes, this is getting super complicated.)

Lisa Thornhill as Celeste Kane

As is the case with Noret, Thornhill will play the prickly Celeste Kane in the show-within-a-show.

And there are two new faces as well!

Robert Buckley and Rose McIver, stars of Rob Thomas’ new series, iZombie, also guest star on Play It Again, Dick. Buckley plays flamboyant choreographer Gaston, who ends up replacing Jason Dohring as Logan Echolls in Hansen’s detective procedural, while McIver plays both “Skank With Attitude” and “Horny Mourner.”

The series will also feature Wesley Chan, Philip Wang, and Chris Dinh, as well as Mark Pedowitz, president of The CW, and Thom Sherman, The CW’s head of development.

This is a lot to process.

Play It Again, Dick premieres the week of Sept. 15 on CW Seed.
I feel like this will be to Veronica Mars what season 7 of Curb Your Enthusiasm was to Seinfeld. And that's pretty damn great.

Play It Again, Dick
[YT]XB0aEonzPl8[/YT]

Something had better come of this, Thomas! :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back