Ant-Man and the Wasp Official User Review Thread - SPOILERS

Saw it today and for the whole, was for me, a usual Marvel outing. M-O-R material stretched beyond it's worth. 6/10.

It took me 84 years but I finally got to watch this damn movie. It's without a doubt one of the most okay movies of the MCU.

Pros:
- It is very okay
- Cassie is adorable. I want to see her as Stature so bad.
- It's very comic-booky and silly, which I appreciated
- Janet's personality in the opening scene was spot on. Too bad it only lasted 30 seconds
- Ghost... well, she had the potential to be a good villain. Did Janet cure her at the end? Does that mean that she has no powers anymore?

Cons:
- It is only okay
- Weak villains
- Luis is so annoying and pointless. Worst comic relief character of the entire MCU.
- No Giant-Man vs. Goliath battle. Booooo
- Not sure what to think about Janet's very convenient Quantum powers

Huhs?:
- The drummer ant was real

And... that's it. 6/10, will probably never feel the need to rewatch it

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to whine about Hope. She's still lame.

Last edited:
When the most interesting and dramatic thing to happen in your movie occurs in a minute long post credits sequence, that’s probably not a good thing.

6/10.

FINALLY saw this after a long wait, and as a big fan of the first movie, I am sad to say this sequel was a bit of a disappointment for me.

For me the action scenes weren’t as inventive as they were in the first movie and they got old quite fast, by the 2nd half of the movie it felt like we had seen it before. The finding of Janet really intrigued me at the start but by the time it happened they had teased it too much for me and it didn’t have the impact it felt like it should have. I also thought the CGI was dodgy at times when in the first movie it was pretty damn good. The finale especially had a few of these moments and just none of it was exciting.

I thought the cast were all great. Rudd was good as usual, as was Douglas, but I thought Evangeline stole the show as the Wasp. She really kicked ass yet had a vulnerable and desperate side when it came to finding her mother. And I thought Hannah John-Kamen was really good as Ghost. She totally sold the desperation of the character and you actually sympathised with her plight. But they just didn’t give her enough to do. The little girl who plays Cassie is suitably adorable as well.

Luis and his buddies were great again. But this leads me onto another problem I had. Like a phase 2 sequel (TWS apart), this movie really doubled down on the humour and I just thought it got a bit too much at times. For me the more humour they added the less heart this seemed to have compared to the first movie. I think Edgar Wright’s input was really missed here. This wasn’t a bad movie at all, but it’s on the lower end of the MCU scale for me, and the first movie is quite a bit higher 7/10.

I finally saw this like 3 weeks ago and sadly I just wasn't that impressed. I wasn't the biggest fan of the first movie, but I thought the trailers for this made it seem as if it could be a major step up from that movie instead of a step back. I don't have a problem with the more comedic heavy movies in the MCU, but this felt too inconsequential to me to the point where I'm still trying to figure out what exactly was the point of even making it. Rudd and Lilly are fine and it was cool seeing them give Michael Douglas more to do this time around, but Laurence Fishburne was wasted IMO and Michelle Pfeiffer was way underused. I also found the villains to be really weak in this. Goggins and Hannah John Kamen were so one note, and while I can understand what they were doing with the Ghost character I just didn't find it that interesting or compelling enough to hold my interest. The actions sequences were kind of weak to me as well, although the shrinking/growing stuff was fun at times it did get old fast.

6/10

I really enjoyed this. The shrinking/enlarging stuff was entertaining, and Lilly was bad ass in the fighting scenes (and a great character over all). Peña was great as well, and I also have to say the little girl that played Scott's daughter was not only super adorable but really good.

I personally had some laughs regarding the "truth serum" parts. We've rarely seen La Pfeiffer on the big screen the last 10 years, so I was hoping she'd have more screen time here, but oh well. Not one of the best MCU offerings, but entertaining enough for me . Looking forward to the 3rd one.

Pfeiffer as Janet Van Dyne was definitely underused in this movie & her reuniting with Henry & Hope should have been more emotional but when the majority of the writers on the movie are male then you may not get all the good emotional scenes. Didn't like the way that Janet called Hope "Jelly Bean" it just made Janet sound like she was Hope's grandmother, aunt or something instead of mother, do the writers think that every child needs a cutesy food or candy nickname?

I gave it a 9/10. I loved the humor. I really enjoy all the creative things Marvel studios does with their heroes' powers, and I feel this one does just as good or even better than X-Men Days of Future Past in that regard (talking about Blink's, Quicksilver's and Magneto's sequences specifically). Also, you'd think that compared to Thor the god of thunder a couple of heroes named after insects could not do very much, but these guys really put on a great show and saved the day with what they had. It may be even a little more creative than what they've done with the big guys like Thor. Phase III in general has been superb.

As for the characters, I loved both Ant-Man and the Wasp. I think they have great chemistry and I can't get enough of Wasp! Put her in the Avengers films! Really want to see them alongside Captain Marvel!!!
I thought Luis was funny. Can't wait to see more latinos in the MCU. Hope's dad is hilarious too.

Edit: I watched it twice and loved it twice!

I think they have great chemistry and I can't get enough of Wasp! Put her in the Avengers films! Really want to see them alongside Captain Marvel!!!
I thought Luis was funny. Can't wait to see more latinos in the MCU. Hope's dad is hilarious too.

Haha, yes! We need more Wasp!

This one was real enjoyable. The villain was far more intriguing than the previous.

Though, I def missed Anthony Mackie's cameo from the first.

Just stopping in here to say that

A. I love both these movies
B. Did Feige get away with seeding mutants in this?

I've let the movie settle in for months, and despite not hating the film it's probably the worse out of the MCU films I've seen. (And it's still watchable which says alot about the overall good quality of all the MCU entries :) ).

One of the things that bugged me is It didn't really feel like a buddy/duo team up movie. Antman and Wasp, didn't really feel like a team.

It felt more like Hank and Hope for most of the film.

I want this franchise to go back to it's heist roots. Scott and Hope on a mission to the microverse to rescue someone or steal something.

Last edited:
Currently watching AatW. I love it when Hope teases him when scott shrinks big and then to small. Evie and Paul have such awesome chemistry.

I cant get enough of Evie as the Wasp/Hope. I cant wait to see her interacting with other MCU characters like Mantis, Spidy, rocket hehe.

I cant get enough of Evie as the Wasp/Hope. I cant wait to see her interacting with other MCU characters like Mantis, Spidy, rocket hehe.

For me, Hope is a definite must for Avengers 5. If Natasha is really 100% dead and Clint is 100% retired, there's really nobody else in the Avengers potential lineup who has Nat's or Clint's common sense, streetwise nature and political intelligence except for Hope.

For me, Hope is a definite must for Avengers 5. If Natasha is really 100% dead and Clint is 100% retired, there's really nobody else in the Avengers potential lineup who has Nat's or Clint's common sense, streetwise nature and political intelligence except for Hope.

And the more i think about it...the more I see her in a leadership role which I would love to see.

Her team lineup would probably be Spidy, uh...Antman? Wanda, id like Thor or some male Asgardian on the team....man tis is hard. *scratches head*

And the more i think about it...the more I see her in a leadership role which I would love to see.

Her team lineup would probably be Spidy, uh...Antman? Wanda, id like Thor or some male Asgardian on the team....man tis is hard. *scratches head*

My lineup (restricting myself to 6): Wasp, Ant-Man, Hulk, Spidey, Black Panther, Wanda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"