Ant-Man's Powers on Screen

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by chamber-music, Sep 11, 2012.

1. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

Well, we saw him shrink in a POV shot, and riding a male winged drone ant.

2. Village_Idiot Captain of Industry

looks like he can jump pretty good as well , he can jump up onto the back of a flying ant

[​IMG]

3. Solaire Registered

Some new powers coming to the MCU. We got Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and now Ant-Man. Can't wait to see them in action. Has there ever been a live action comicbook movie with the powers of Ant-Man?

4. The Guard Registered

Spider-Man?

5. FortyMedusa Stay Foolish Stay Hungry

Spider-Man's powers are nothing like Ant-Man's

6. Macmac Registered

Unlike what many people are saying, I'm not so sure that ant mans power translate well on film. And more importantly, I'm not so sure his powers can mesh seamlessly with the rest of the team. I mean, the best part of the avengers was seeing them team up and fight in unison. I think that's why Marvel has been cautious about involving Hank Pym with anything to do with Ultron. If fans and casual movie goers don't buy his absurd powers they can always treat it as somewhat of a stand alone title

7. BatsDC Side-Kicker

We don't know for certain that Hank didn't have some part in creating Ultron, and the reason he wasn't involved in either Avengers movie was that Edgar's vision required an older Hank

8. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Yeah, in fact Whedon at first had a draft for A1 that was "Heavy on Jan" and she's got almost the same power set as Hank, so I don't think the shrinking or growing powers gave Marvel any pause what so ever. It was the long drawn out development phase with the Ant-Man film that scrapped Hank and Jan from being in A1.

9. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Hank's power worked great with the other Avengers in the comics.

Hank as Goliath did a 'Fastball Special' with Black Panther in the Avengers comics before it became well known as a X-Men signature movie. Hank also did it with Captain America.

Hawkeye firing Ant-Man is another well known combo move from the comics and Avengers cartoon show.

I could see another combo scene of Ant-Man bouncing off Cap's shield and growing 10 ft to Giant-Man size mid-air punching an opponent.
    [​IMG]

10. PyroChamber Not lactose, it's milk!

Did Scott Lang ever grow larger in the comics at all, or did he only use the Pym Particles to shrink?

11. Macmac Registered

Two of those moves require Ant-Man to get big. I think Giant-Man is easier to integrate in an epic multi hero battle. The other move with Hawkeye sounds cool. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I would love for this movie to do great and for a new hero to join the team.

12. FortyMedusa Stay Foolish Stay Hungry

Let's be honest Ant-Man is going to have to grow to fight someone like Thanos. I can't wait to see tiny Ant-Man though. Especially if Hawkeye shoots tiny Ant-Man on an arrow and then he increases in size dramatically to Giant Man. That would be epic. I think something like that happens in Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes cartoon.

13. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Still hope that ending of Ant-Man teases the possibility of Giant-Man/Goliath with Lang raising an army of giant ants to wreck shop on the bad guys.

14. FortyMedusa Stay Foolish Stay Hungry

So is it pretty much confirmed/assumed that we won't see Giant-Man at all in Ant-Man?

15. ctsketch Registered

No.

16. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

We might. Nothing confiremed either way at this point.
    Yep :up:
    [​IMG]

Ant-Man could do damage to Thanos. In the comics and three Ant-Man have climbed in side people to cause internal damage.

[​IMG]

O'Grady punctured Grizzly's eardrum when he climbed in his ear.

Also Hank Pym didn't just enlarge himself he could enlarge people of objects with Pym Particles. There are numerous scenarios you could come up with in which that would come in handy against a villain.

Scott Lang mostly just shrinks. In the Ultimate comics he grew to giant-man size

In the recent FF comics when he came back from the dead Matt Fraction came up with some wacky axis power chart that said Lang had access to Vision's density powers, Wonder Man's Ionic energy and Pym's size changing ablites but outside of the FF comic that has been ignored.

17. hopeless Registered

Sigh... I really need to pick up the rest of that series!

Never understood why Pym and especially Jan wasn't included in Avengers Assemble sorry Iron Man & Friends after all they couldn't be everywhere and a perfect excuse for introducing the West Coast and Great Lakes... oh right they wasn't allowed to call themselves Avengers, right?

Oh well thanks for the clip brought back some good memories!

18. Urich Leeds Hype Drifter

I'll be mighty disappointed if we don't see him grow giant sized at some point.

I feel its a must have, because it would certainly be a "wow" moment for the general audiences, whom have no idea he can grow giant sized as well, not just tiny.

19. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

He should grow huge at some point, but I'm inclined to say that should be saved for a future appearance. Better to spend the plot time in this movie on the exploits of shrinking. After all, there are challenges that could be solved *interestingly* via shrinking and the options it opens. . . or in a very obvious manner by going big and smashing. If both are options, you potentially undermine prior dramatic scenes if you have him grow big later in the movie, since whatever complicated setpiece the audience bought into would have been irrelevant in the face of ten seconds of giant-punch.

20. third3ye Registered

Be patient, it won't be too long a wait before we see his Giant-Man/Goliath ability shown on the big screen.