Bill Foster and Scott Lang in the Ant Man movie?

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
I want to see Bill Foster and Scott Lang in the Ant Man movie, here is how I think it would work.
Pym is a lead scientist, but most scientists need other scientists in their lab to help them. So Bill Foster and Scott Lang could be there working in Pym's Lab. It could even be mentioned that Scott Lang is a former ex-con and a father of a little girl. Maybe, depending on how much time these characters are given (like how Darcy Lewis got screen time in Thor) his daughter could even show up. There would be no hint at who they are, they would be back up characters like Darcy Lewis, Happy Hogun, James Franco's lab assistants in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, etc. Characters used to show that Pym has friends and colleagues as well as show that he had a life before the movie where he met these guys.
Furthermore Since its written into Ant Man, the actor could leave the character of Ant Man for Giant Man and then leave that identity for Yellow Jacket. So those two identities would be left wide open for possible spin offs. Bill Foster could become Giant Man (his own version not him in Pym's costume) and it could eventually lead to his nephew becoming Giant Man down the line what that actor leaves. and Scott Lang could become the new Ant Man. Lang's story could even include his daughter (who becomes Stature) who could even be mentioned or shown in the Ant Man movie. His story could be a switch from Pym's Ant Man, from a damaged scientist to a more blue collar hero/father and family man. And perhaps down the line in Lang's Ant Man his daughter could even become Stature. And who knows, lead into the Young Avengers perhaps?
Users of Pym Particles

Users of Pym Particles include:

All I am saying is setting up these two early on not only adds friends and colleagues for Pym, and stories that happened before the movie started, but it also hints at the character's futures without hitting the audience over the head, and gives Marvel even more spin offs they can make money on.
All this could even start happening while Pym becomes an Avenger or as soon as he drops that identity. At the end of Ant Man 1, lets say, Pym changes to Giant Man and the next summer its revealed that Lang will become the new Ant Man in Ant Man 2.
Of Coarse beyond them showing up in the first film the rest is just my ideas.
images
images

So, who else wants to see Bill Foster and Scott Lang show up in Ant Man 1 along with Hank Pym and Janet?

Last edited:
Huh, here's a thought: what if they included Bill Foster in the movie, and he proved more popular with the audience than the main character? Would you be in support of making the sequel focus on him, then?

I wouldn't mind a Bill Foster Goliath movie but I doubt it would happen.

I wouldn't mind a Bill Foster Goliath movie but I doubt it would happen.
All things fair, a lot of people doubted an Ant-Man movie would happen, and now it has a release date set. That said, I understand your doubts about a Goliath movie.

a giant character (unless it's a robot, ape, or godzilla-type creature on the run from the military) will not work as the protagonist of a superhero flick. Bill as Ant-Man might work.

If they are going down a spy route they could uses Pym's old FBI friend Lee Kearns.

I'm pretty sure that Scott Lang will appear in this movie. Bill Foster, if they can find a way to fit him organically, the by all means do it. The only other character who I think MUST be in the movie is Wasp, or at least Janet Van Dyne even if she's just a civilian to begin with.

Thanks for bringing up Bill Foster.

He, I believe is Marvel's 3rd black character after Gabe Jones and T'Challa.

I think he beat Joe Robertson by a few issues!

So sick of the whole "recast someone as a black"/ "don't recast someone as black"---argument-----it's nice to have a character of color that's been around since 1966!

And g-dang it Tucker Smallwood as Joe Robertson in the Amazing Spider-Man sequels!!

Is this guy NOT Robbie??

Another supporting character they might cast is Dr. Erica Sondheim. The world's foremost expert in critical-focus laser surgery. Tony Stark's personal physician and was made Head of Stark Medical.

She performed surgery on Tony Stark, Bruce Banner and Cassie Lang.

I like him, I am just not sure he would work when it came time for him to take over being Giant Man (I don't think they would call him Black Goliath) for Dr. Pym. But he could, I wouldn't assume anything, maybe he could buff up and be really good in it.
bill-foster-3.jpg
406px-Giantmnult.jpg

Last edited:
Even though he was never an Avenger in the comics, would Bill Foster join the MCU Avengers?

Right now, I think he serves more of a role similar to Happy Hogan in the Iron Man movies.

Yeah, right now. I mean first we would have to see the Ant Man film because apparently Paul Rudd is Ant Man, but both Pym and Lang will be Ant Man in it. So maybe at the moment Foster is like Happy Hogan as a support character. But as the movies go on and Paul Rudd or whoever leaves, Foster could become Giant Man like how Rodey became War Machine/Iron Patriot. Eventually Foster could get his own film as Giant Man or be in the Avengers. I think it would be a good idea.
Like I said earlier, Lang and Foster could have been scientists and stuff in Pym's lab, supporting cast. When Pym becomes Ant Man. Then Pym could become Giant Man, change his persona, and give it to Lang. Lang is then Ant Man, and then Pym maybe leaves to become yellow Jacket or just Dr. Pym and Foster becomes the new Giant Man. They could even have Pym in the Avengers and Lang and Foster in their solo Giant Man/Ant Man films.

But it all depends on the plot of the 1st Ant Man film. If they have Pym a spy in the 70s and gets killed or something then things will not happen the way I have mentioned.

I think Foster can work great as a supporting character for Pym and Lang. Foster could also make an appearance in the Luke Cage Netflix show given that his ex-wife was one of Cage major love interests in the comics and brought them into conflict one time.

Damon Wayans jr would be my pick for a comedic actor as Bill Foster.

Last edited:
I think Foster can work great as a supporting character for Pym and Lang. Foster could also make an appearance in the Luke Cage Netflix show given that his ex-wife was one of Cage major love interests in the comics and brought them into conflict one time.

Damon Wayans jr would be my pick for a comedic actor as Bill Foster.

Well, Wayans Jr. would not be against doing TV that is for sure.

The interesting thing is that Foster was never an Avenger, but Dr. Strange wasn't either (well, he was a part of the New Avengers in the comics, not sure if that counts though) and a movie about him is going to be made. The thing is that we may see Foster in an MCU movie before we see Monica Rambeau in the MCU (she'll be the only black Avenger who wasn't also an X-Men character who will not have shown up in the MCU once Black Panther is announced as a character).

Well, Wayans Jr. would not be against doing TV that is for sure.

The interesting thing is that Foster was never an Avenger, but Dr. Strange wasn't either (well, he was a part of the New Avengers in the comics, not sure if that counts though) and a movie about him is going to be made. The thing is that we may see Foster in an MCU movie before we see Monica Rambeau in the MCU (she'll be the only black Avenger who wasn't also an X-Men character who will not have shown up in the MCU once Black Panther is announced as a character).

i think Foster was made an honorary avenger, at some point. but i wouldn't hold my breath on seeing him make the leap to Goliath. even his foray into superheroism in the books was short. Foster was far more serious about science/research/getting published than Hank. he should definately stick around in the same way that Happy Hogan managed to. Pym would need some kind of link to the non-costumed set.

p.s. i like the Damon Wayans jr casting. he was surprisingly good in 'New Girl.' although i'm not sure why i was watching 'New Girl.'

Last edited:
i think Foster was made an honorary avenger, at some point. but i wouldn't hold my breath on seeing him make the leap to Goliath. even his foray into superheroism in the books was short. Foster was far more serious about science/research/getting published than Hank. he should definately stick around in the same way that Happy Hogan managed to. Pym would need some kind of link to the non-costumed set.

p.s. i like the Damon Wayans jr casting. he was surprisingly good in 'New Girl.' although i'm not sure why i watching 'New Girl.'

You are not alone in watching and liking the New Girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"