Bill Foster and Scott Lang in the Ant Man movie?

I think foster is a must to be honest. Pym Janet Lang foster are all musts in a antman movie.

Bill Foster's Power Girl style peep hole costumes made me laugh especially the ones showing off his six pack and man cleavage.

Giant Bros 4 Life ;)
tumblr_mh5m8v_NTVJ1r93jy5o2_500.jpg

Avengers363_08a.jpg

Last edited:
I don't ever see Bill Foster suiting up if he's in the movie.

I wonder how the casting of Michael Douglas affects any chance we have of seeing Bill Foster?

I wonder how the casting of Michael Douglas affects any chance we have of seeing Bill Foster?
the casting itself? zero impact. they won't write him in or out the script just because of a specific actor. unless that actor refuses to work with black people and has enormous power in hollywood. (which is a very unlikely situation, especially with Michael Douglas) or he demands a black sidekick contractually. I assume both things won't happen.

the casting itself? zero impact. they won't write him in or out the script just because of a specific actor. unless that actor refuses to work with black people and has enormous power in hollywood. (which is a very unlikely situation, especially with Michael Douglas) or he demands a black sidekick contractually. I assume both things won't happen.

I was referring age wise. Isn't Foster more associated with Pym instead of Lang? Maybe we see an Older Foster? The same age as Douglas?

I was referring age wise. Isn't Foster more associated with Pym instead of Lang? Maybe we see an Older Foster? The same age as Douglas?
I'd love that. A good way to get Danny Glover into the MCU

I'd love that. A good way to get Danny Glover into the MCU

Maybe they want to go with a bigger name than Glover:

40365_pro.jpg

Him and Douglas did work together in Last Vegas. And it's not like he's above doing CBM's as he's been in four of them (Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy and RED).

As much as I love Freeman, he's a little bit over presented in CBM and there are other terriffic black actors his age range

Except Pym being older doesn't wouldn't affect Foster. Why would it? They don't have to be the same age to work on science or lab work together.

Hell, Bill was already younger than Pym anyway.

I can see Pym having Bill and Janet as his young lab assistants

Except Pym being older doesn't wouldn't affect Foster. Why would it? They don't have to be the same age to work on science or lab work together.

Hell, Bill was already younger than Pym anyway.

in fact, he was a child prodigy from Watts. I don't think his age was given but he was pretty much fresh out of college.

I can see Pym having Bill and Janet as his young lab assistants

That could work. I can't wait for more news on this movie. Honestly I would be surprised if both Bill and Janet are not in the movie.

That could work. I can't wait for more news on this movie. Honestly I would be surprised if both Bill and Janet are not in the movie.

it would be sooo easy to include Bill unless there are going to be no scenes of Pym in a lab.

I change my idea a little. Since Ant Man/Pym is from the 70s, and Scott Lang will be the Ant Man of today, I want Bill Foster to be Lang's friend/co-worker in the lab and his supporting friend character. I also want Janet Van Dyne to be Lang's girlfriend and not Pym's.

I change my idea a little. Since Ant Man/Pym is from the 70s, and Scott Lang will be the Ant Man of today, I want Bill Foster to be Lang's friend/co-worker in the lab and his supporting friend character. I also want Janet Van Dyne to be Lang's girlfriend and not Pym's.

but which lab are Lang and Foster working out of; Van Dyne Industries?

I wouldn't mind Bill Foster and Scott Lang working at Van Dyne's lab, or maybe the connection to Pym is that they work at Pym's lab. (we will have to see how they meet Pym.) But I still want Bill Foster and Janet Van Dyne in the film with Lang. I want them to be Lang's supporting cast, and not Pym's. I mean I don't want to eliminate the option of using them in current day because they are now old character's from Pym's time as Ant Man in the 70s. I wouldn't mind Janet being Wasp who used to work with Ant Man in the old days. But I don't want her to be cast as Micheal Douglas' wife and cast an older actress because the eliminates the chance to have Wasp in the current films. Same with Foster being Black Goliath (I am sure he would be called Giant Man).

I wouldn't mind Bill Foster and Scott Lang working at Van Dyne's lab, or maybe the connection to Pym is that they work at Pym's lab. (we will have to see how they meet Pym.) But I still want Bill Foster and Janet Van Dyne in the film with Lang. I want them to be Lang's supporting cast, and not Pym's. I mean I don't want to eliminate the option of using them in current day because they are now old character's from Pym's time as Ant Man in the 70s. I wouldn't mind Janet being Wasp who used to work with Ant Man in the old days. But I don't want her to be cast as Micheal Douglas' wife and cast an older actress because the eliminates the chance to have Wasp in the current films. Same with Foster being Black Goliath (I am sure he would be called Giant Man).

I wouldn't worry about them being left out, if they were Pym's group. Pym is supposed to stick around. Pym's the brains and that makes he, Bill, and Jan what Ving Rhames and Simon Pegg were in the Mission Impossible Movies.

True, but if they cast someone like Morgan Freeman or someone around Douglas's age its unlikely they will stick around to become the action hero Bill Foster/Giant Man in later movies. That is why I was saying I would like Foster to be part of Lang's supporting cast. Its the same with Janet/Wasp. Like in Watchmen the movie, they showed that the Minutemen were heroes back in the day but in present day were too old and I get the feeling that Pym might be shown similarly (or not, but isn't that why Pym gives his mantel to Lang?) but I don't want to see Janet and Foster like that. That they used to work with Pym and maybe used to be heroes but today are too old to do it.
I'd be fine if they cast actors a little older, between Rudd's and Douglas's age, and showed that between Pym's 70s Ant Man days and the present Bill Foster and Janet Van Dyne became part of Pym's team, but were still young enough to be action heroes right now, I'd be fine with that. Hugh Jackman is in his 40s. Liam Neeson is 61. Johnny Depp is 50. Michael Douglas is 69. So if they picked someone between Pual Rudd's age, 44, and Douglas, 69, and they can still play action heroes then I would be fine with that.

A32_BillFoster.JPG

But I also haven't seen the script or now the plot. My ideas haven't exactly matched up with what has been happening. I thought movie 1, Pym, eventually Lang becomes Ant Man and Pym becomes Giant Man, eventually Pym leaves being Giant Man and Foster becomes Giant Man. But they are starting with Lang becoming Ant Man. So I guess we will see who else is involved, Bill Foster and Janet are great characters and should be included somehow. I trust Edgar Write too.
Giant-Man%20%28Bill%20Foster%29.jpg

Last edited:
True, but if they cast someone like Morgan Freeman or someone around Douglas's age its unlikely they will stick around to become the action hero Bill Foster/Giant Man in later movies. That is why I was saying I would like Foster to be part of Lang's supporting cast. Its the same with Janet/Wasp. Like in Watchmen the movie, they showed that the Minutemen were heroes back in the day but in present day were too old and I get the feeling that Pym might be shown similarly (or not, but isn't that why Pym gives his mantel to Lang?) but I don't want to see Janet and Foster like that. That they used to work with Pym and maybe used to be heroes but today are too old to do it.
I'd be fine if they cast actors a little older, between Rudd's and Douglas's age, and showed that between Pym's 70s Ant Man days and the present Bill Foster and Janet Van Dyne became part of Pym's team, but were still young enough to be action heroes right now, I'd be fine with that. Hugh Jackman is in his 40s. Liam Neeson is 61. Johnny Depp is 50. Michael Douglas is 69. So if they picked someone between Pual Rudd's age, 44, and Douglas, 69, and they can still play action heroes then I would be fine with that.

But I also haven't seen the script or now the plot. My ideas haven't exactly matched up with what has been happening. I thought movie 1, Pym, eventually Lang becomes Ant Man and Pym becomes Giant Man, eventually Pym leaves being Giant Man and Foster becomes Giant Man. But they are starting with Lang becoming Ant Man. So I guess we will see who else is involved, Bill Foster and Janet are great characters and should be included somehow. I trust Edgar Write too.

I get what you're saying. what I was meaning to say is that Bill and Jan's age isn't dependent on Pym's. just because he's been around a long time, doesn't mean that Bill and Jan were there from the beginning. maybe it was aging that inspired him to work with others. Bill, if he's even included, might be fresh out of college. Dule Hill (Psych) would be my choice for Foster; because he's great as a comedic straight man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"