Ant-man's reviews thread

Of course reviews are going to talk about Wright. He's a credited co-writer. He's a also a GREAT filmmaker who left over creative differences in a public, yet respectable spit. If the critic doesn't think Marvel's choices were up to snuff, then they're going to assume whatever he had planned was better. It's that simple.

Yeah, I actually pity Peyton Reed, he was playing a losing game
All pros are Wright's and all cons are Peyton's

I want to see the movie first, but if its as good as many are saying then I say shame on certain reviewers with their biased Edgar Wright flag waving. As good a talent Edgar is, and I am a fan, the movie should be judged as just that, 'a movie'. The view should be impartial and not clouded by the development history that went into it, or what might have been's.

I was for sure expecting it, but it's predictable and I think a reviewer worth his/her salt wouldn't dwell on the Edgar stuff. And also present a balanced view point as opposed all the negative crap, largely associated with the Edgar thing.

I want to see the movie first, but if its as good as many are saying then I say shame on certain reviewers with their biased Edgar Wright flag waving. As good a talent Edgar is, and I am a fan, the movie should be judged as just that, 'a movie'. The view should be impartial and not clouded by the development history that went into it, or what might have been's.

I was for sure expecting it, but it's predictable and I think a reviewer worth his/her salt wouldn't dwell on the Edgar stuff. And also present a balanced view point as opposed all the negative crap, largely associated with the Edgar thing.

Well said, I never put much stock in reviews anyway but to whine about the Wright situation when you're supposed to be reviewing the film you just saw is classless and shows how little I should value your opinion on the matter

Also I have seen the film and can tell everyone it is freaking awesome!

I get that Edgar Wright is a talented filmmaker, but I don't like every one of his movies, and I think the naysayers are mostly Wright fans who wanted to see this movie fail so they can pull out the "I told you so" card. It's sad, but it's like when a player left the team, his fans want the new guy to crash and burn so they can feel better about themselves and their departed hero. However, I'm happy to see so many positive reviews for this movie already, a movie that some people had deemed DOA before they even saw it in theatre.

Yeah, I actually pity Peyton Reed, he was playing a losing game
All pros are Wright's and all cons are Peyton's

Given that I utterly hated Scott Pilgrim, I'm more than happy to shovel fecal matter in Wright's lap if I see stuff that I don't like. You can count on that. Reed to me is a complete blank slate as I've never seen any of his films. With Wright I at least know I tend to dislike his particular niche'. Not that he couldn't have made a great movie still because all that same stuff was as true of Joss Whedon pre-Avengers as it is of Wright. It was also true of James Gunn pre-GotG. Their non-MCU stuff doesn't do it for me. Still doesn't. So when these guys play in a sandbox that I actually care about, well that counts for a helluva lot in regards to grabbing my interest.

John campea and mark Ellis made a non spoiler revie on collider videos Ellis gave it a 9 campea 8.5

Kristian Harloff also gave it a 9/10(well, a 4.5/5 which is the same thing).

This is really unprofessional of the critics who are Edgar Wright fans.

I doubt this movie deserves a rating lower than Thor 2.

The movie that was never filmed will always seem better than the one that was.

Given that I utterly hated Scott Pilgrim, I'm more than happy to shovel fecal matter in Wright's lap if I see stuff that I don't like. You can count on that. Reed to me is a complete blank slate as I've never seen any of his films. With Wright I at least know I tend to dislike his particular niche'. Not that he couldn't have made a great movie still because all that same stuff was as true of Joss Whedon pre-Avengers as it is of Wright. It was also true of James Gunn pre-GotG. Their non-MCU stuff doesn't do it for me. Still doesn't. So when these guys play in a sandbox that I actually care about, well that counts for a helluva lot in regards to grabbing my interest.

Ewwwwwww.

xLF8UHo.gif

This is really unprofessional of the critics who are Edgar Wright fans.

I doubt this movie deserves a rating lower than Thor 2.

I can attest to the fact that this movie is indeed miles above Thor 2. This film manages to do exactly what they intended with the Darcy character in the Thor franchise. I like TDW for what it is but even I can recognize that it's def not one of Marvel's break out movies

All the people I care about, movie opinion wise, loved the movie. So I'm totally ready. :up:

Now I want to hear what Randolph's got to say just to see if I'll get a good laugh out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WBO-arfLz8&list=LLSExeHUyTlOek-_3W1dg-FQ&index=1

The Schmoes really know their movies.

Mark Ellis calls Ant-Man "One of the greatest superhero films of all-time. This is a great flick."

That's high praise from a pair of critics that has seen it all.

That's awesome, I'm not super familiar with them but I know they have been around and have geek cred

On an unrelated note I think it's weird that you were able to lockdown the Marvel handle in 2010, seems like somebody would have thought of that one years ago. Kudos good sir

Another review was posted on the other site and it's not nearly as positive as the first one. This of course brings out the same trolls who say "Marvel is running out of ideas," "All the MCU films are the same," "This movie will fail," and of course, "DC is going to rule Marvel."

Who's considered to be the most reliable critic these days since Ebert passed?

Who's considered to be the most reliable critic these days since Ebert passed?

My favorite critics are Peter Travers from Rolling Stones, Drew McWeeny from HitFix, and Mr. Beak. If these three like a movie, chances are I will like them too. Btw, John Compea from formerly AMC Movie News is another one I like.

My favorite critics are Peter Travers from Rolling Stones, Drew McWeeny from HitFix, and Mr. Beak. If these three like a movie, chances are I will like them too. Btw, John Compea from formerly AMC Movie News is another one I like.

Drew's been one of my favorite reviewers since he was Moriarty at AICN (because he was one of the few on that site that could look at a movie through a critical lens and articulate his thoughts in a professional manner). He was a fan of Ant Man.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captur...an-has-a-giant-heart-and-a-sly-sense-of-humor

Waiting for Jeremy jahns to put his vid up he's one of my favorites and I usually tend to agree with his opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"