Director Peyton Reed Appreciation

Dyson

Civilian
Reaction score
Seeing that many people are still chatting about ex-Ant-Man director Edgar Wright, some say we should have a Peyton Reed thread. So, here is one.

I have to say that I think Reed is a very capable, talented director who will bring us something quite cool with "Ant-Man" next summer. I'm looking forward to his take on the character and the MCU, as well.

Here is a pretty awesome article about why Reed is a great pick for this film.

http://filmschoolrejects.com/news/peyton-reed-ant-man-details.php

Of the movies I've seen of his I would break it down like so

GOOD
Yes Man
Bring It On

OK
Down With Love

BAD
The Break-Up

So while I guess I've liked his movies more than dislike, I still loss some anticipation I had for this movie, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

GOOD
Yes Man
Bring It On

OK
Down With Love

BAD
The Break-Up

So while I guess I've liked his movies more than dislike, I still loss some anticipation I had for this movie, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

To be honest, I think "Down with Love" is his best film, and it showcases that he has the capability to do something bigger.

I'll be honest, it's been a while since I seen it, so I may have to give it another go, but it didn't really leave an impression with me.

I'll be honest, it's been a while since I seen it, so I may have to give it another go, but it didn't really leave an impression with me.

Check it out again. Watch for the tone, style and overall execution for the film. You'll see Reed is a talented guy who brings vision. All he ever needs is a great script to start with. A film like "The Break-Up" had a decent idea for a movie but it had a poorly written script.

To be honest, I'm more upset about McKay being a writer than Reed taking over director's duty.

GOOD
Yes Man
Bring It On

OK
Down With Love

BAD
The Break-Up

Has he done any action comedies ?

Not that I know of. Unless you count the cheer-leading in Bring It On as action.

Payton Reed directed the live action sequences in the Back To The Future cartoon and he directed a few episodes on New Girl.

I wonder if his Hank Pym might be a little like Doc Brown.

I would love a cameo from some of the New Girl cast. Abed from Community cameoed CA:TWS and Max from Happy Endings appeared in IM3

I havent seen any Peyton Reed movies yet. But Im confident he'll make Ant Man a great MCU film!

Not that I know of. Unless you count the cheer-leading in Bring It On as action.

Check out the end credit scene in "Yes Man" where Jim Carrey and Zooey Deschanel are wearinghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zooey_Deschanel these crazy looking wheel roller suits and racing down a long hillside. It's actually a very well shot scene and shows Reed has the capability to direct action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"