The Dark Knight Anybody else.....

Ibn

Sidekick
Reaction score
Like how Batman has been portrayed at some points as EXTREMELY ruthless in the good Bat films? Call me an evil bastard but, blowing up murderous goons and ninjas didn't really get to me in the more darker batfilms. I know alot of people have had issues with the more darker batmans violent streek. But anybody like Batman being a crazy ruthless bastard at times. The reason I ask is because, somewhere down the line, I want to see Batman really kick the **** outta Joker but good. When Batman left Ra's on the monorail at the end of Begins, he had this look in his eye, this murderous look in his eye, that gave me chills, in a good way. Almost like he was saying, "you deserve it". That to me is a really human emotion and shouldn't be that frowned upon. Especially when you take into account that this man witnessed his parents murdered in front of him, and countless since. Anyone else like violent violent Batman?

Ibn said:
When Batman left Ra's on the monorail at the end of Begins, he had this look in his eye, this murderous look in his eye, that gave me chills, in a good way. Almost like he was saying, "you deserve it".
Yes, because that's the Batman I know and love.

:whatever:

There is a line, and like another man in black, Batman has to walk the line.

He is mean sometimes. He is violent. He beats the hell out of bad guys.

But he's not a murderer. He has been at times in the comics (the oldest comics, particularly) but the presentation of Batman that is most prevalent is that he is not a killer.

In fact, "Begins" bent over backwards to show that Bruce would not execute his enemies. He will fight them, he will hurt them... but killing ain't his thing.

MY Batman is a psychopath. He's paranoid, he's bitter, he's angry...he just takes it out on the bad guys.

Also, my mom beats me.

Heretic said:
MY Batman is a psychopath. He's paranoid, he's bitter, he's angry...he just takes it out on the bad guys.

Also, my mom beats me.
:dry:

gambit420 said:
Yeah I remember that monorail scene I was like sh|t how's he going to escape that? Bats was probably pissed with Ra's from earlier burning his house down for one(remember he was asking himself what he did down the elevator shaft with Alfred, angry about not learning how to control his "anger and be alert to his surroundings".)Also is it me or did Ra's tell him indirectly that he had something to do with his parents getting murdered? Did you see Bruce's expression after that? Oh by the way Batman wanted to just bash Ra's face in with his fist when he told him " you haven't learned to mind your surroundings" but retracts and thinks for a sec....and figures well I saved you once now save yourself and blows out of there with style...

man that scene kicked ass!

p.s. the violent Batman is needed especially when dealing with the upcoming escalation in Gotham

I thought I was the only one who thought that.

Boom said:
Yes, because that's the Batman I know and love.

:whatever:

So you didn't like Begins. Got it.

Keyser Sushi said:
There is a line, and like another man in black, Batman has to walk the line.

He is mean sometimes. He is violent. He beats the hell out of bad guys.

But he's not a murderer. He has been at times in the comics (the oldest comics, particularly) but the presentation of Batman that is most prevalent is that he is not a killer.

In fact, "Begins" bent over backwards to show that Bruce would not execute his enemies. He will fight them, he will hurt them... but killing ain't his thing.

No I agree. I'm just seeing if anyone else likes the psychopath bat, as Heretic (god bless him) would say. Still, I found it funny how right after that scene where Bruce refuses to kill the guy, he then procedes to be cause of the death of Ubu, and then blowing up the temple, probably killing the rest of the ninjas. I don't want to see Batman as a murderer, just really, scarily violent.

Ibn said:
Like how Batman has been portrayed at some points as EXTREMELY ruthless in the good Bat films? Call me an evil bastard but, blowing up murderous goons and ninjas didn't really get to me in the more darker batfilms. I know alot of people have had issues with the more darker batmans violent streek. But anybody like Batman being a crazy ruthless bastard at times. The reason I ask is because, somewhere down the line, I want to see Batman really kick the **** outta Joker but good. When Batman left Ra's on the monorail at the end of Begins, he had this look in his eye, this murderous look in his eye, that gave me chills, in a good way. Almost like he was saying, "you deserve it". That to me is a really human emotion and shouldn't be that frowned upon. Especially when you take into account that this man witnessed his parents murdered in front of him, and countless since. Anyone else like violent violent Batman?
You're pretty much rooting for the revenge-driven, immature Bruce that almost committed senseless murder in the courtroom. If you really enjoy that Batman then the Punisher might be better suited for you, because that definitely isn't Batman you're rooting for.

Sorry guys, but IMO, thats not how Batman should be.
Batman walks a fine line yes, but he is always in control of himself.
He's not some loose cannon wandering around town. He spent years training, you think he'd throw that all away just to go nutso on some thug? No. The whole point, part of the mystique is that he never kills.
Thugs fear him because they know he'll stop them, but they have a grudging admiration for him because even if they can't get past their violent tendancies, somehow, he can. HE can kick their butts, without guns, and at the same time turn around and save their butts from fires or explosions.
Every bad guy still knows what a hero is. Every thug wants some guy in a cape to look up to, secretly deep down they all remember their childhood when they wanted to save the world.
So they get stopped by Batman, and they know in a heartbeat they would kill him if they could, and he has had many, many a chance to kill them.
But he never does. And that makes them think.
Its part of the job.
The Batman does not kill.
Period.

He's not even sadistic or a torturer, because he will never become that which he fights.

OOOOK

let me get this straight...

You want to have batman kill or what? Make your minds.

I wrote a post then deleted because Dark Guardian has it nailed ^
except that Batman can be sadisitic at times imo.

Boom said:
I did enjoy it. So no, you don't got it.

So you don't approve of him killing an entire monestary of ninjas. Youre right, I don't got it.:whatever:

Super_Surfer said:
You're pretty much rooting for the revenge-driven, immature Bruce that almost committed senseless murder in the courtroom. If you really enjoy that Batman then the Punisher might be better suited for you, because that definitely isn't Batman you're rooting for.

When he tried to kill the Joker, that wasn't an act of vengeance for killing Robin, or countless others, or crippling Barbara, or (what he thought at the time) killing Tommy Elliot. And like in Public Enemies, when he learned that Metallo might have killed his parents, there weren't any revenge plots boiling in him. This is what I'm saying. Like how he damn near killed Joker in Hush. DAMN NEAR. I'm just saying I want him hella violent in the next movie. I said the fact that he blew up some ninjas and goons didn't really bother me. I'm sure he didn't intentionally want to kill a couple dozen ninjas. Or Ra's for that matter. Well maybe Ra's but still. Also, it is Batman I'm rooting for. My Bats is allowed a few crazy violent streaks. Batman is not an angel. I bet before the Crisis Batman in your terms would never use a gun either, or even think about picking one up. He just damn near killed Luthor, with a gun. Again, I'm not saying I want him to be a murderer. I think you guys saw the goon and ninja thing and thought I was saying something else. I'm just saying, with this "grim" direction, I want to see the movies get more violent. *Prepares for name calling and arrest threats*. I know atleast one of you is a cop.

Nepenthes said:
I wrote a post then deleted because Dark Guardian has it nailed ^
except that Batman can be sadisitic at times imo.

Yeah I was gonna comment on that. I think I've seen him hold a couple people over balcony's Suge Knight style a couple of times. That would **** me up considerably. Specially if I fear heights.

Ibn said:
So you don't approve of him killing an entire monestary of ninjas. Youre right, I don't got it.:whatever:

He didn't kill ALL of them becasue the ones who faces where shown when Bruce first appear in the monestry were shown again when Ras reappeared at Bruce home later in the movie.

Darknightnomis said:
He didn't kill ALL of them becasue the ones who faces where shown when Bruce first appear in the monestry were shown again when Ras reappeared at Bruce home later in the movie.

:woot: Fair enough.

Ibn said:
So you don't approve of him killing an entire monestary of ninjas.
You're right. I don't.

So that means I should hate the movie? I fail to see your logic :huh:.

Batman should go around with a miniature bat swinging from building to building in the middle of the night suited up, swooping down to beat people over the head with it while screaming "I'm Batman!!!" laughing hysterically afterwards as he disappears into the night... AND rape, kill and EAT his enemies...:up:

I want to see Batman violently slit a criminal's throat with a batarang, and suck the blood from his neck while hanging upside down.

Boom said:
I want to see Batman violently slit a criminal's throat with a batarang, and suck the blood from his neck while hanging upside down.

YEAH!:up: And he should have superpowers too!

I want to see them incorporate Mortal Kombat finishing moves into the film. Have Batman tear a man's spine from his body, and then stab him with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"