The Dark Knight The fingerprints sequence in The Dark Knight ?

LvtLeeTDK

Fullmetal Alchemist
Reaction score
Can anybody explain the entire sequence for me ? From the point Batman extracts the fingerprint until Joker shoots the mayor.

I have my intepretation of that whole sequence but I really think it's clumsy and doesn't make any sense.

Only thing I'm confused about in regards to this sequence is why Bruce had to use the gun to fire at the different bricks. That aside, what happens is that Batman takes the brick from the crime scene with "Harvey" and "Dent". He pulls a finger print from the shattered bullet in the brick. He gets 4 possible matches on the print. Bruce then goes to check out the address that's closest to Commissioner Lobe's funeral.

Once he arrives at the address he finds the kidnapped officers from the parade bound, and gagged. Bruce then heads over to the window with the timer on it. The timer is there to momentarily distract security for the funeral giving the Joker enough time to kill the Mayor.

Last edited:
He pulls a finger print from the shattered bullet in the brick. He then gets 4 possible matches on the print. He then goes to check out the address that's closest to Commissioner Lobe's funeral.

This is the only thing that concerns me. I assume that he was looking for the killer's place of living. So why does he check out the address that are closest to the funeral ? What if the killer actually lives far from the funeral and he decides to come to a close location to kill the mayor ? I mean what is the point of finding where the killer lives ?

This is the only thing that concerns me. I assume that he was looking for the killer's place of living. So why does he check out the address that are closest to the funeral ? What if the killer actually lives far from the funeral and he decides to come to a close location to kill the mayor ? I mean what is the point of finding where the killer lives ?

At that point he's doing what any detective would do, following leads. The fingerprint, and the address were all he had to go on.

Only thing I'm confused about in regards to this sequence is why Bruce had to use the gun to fire at the different bricks. That aside, what happens is that Batman takes the brick from the crime scene with "Harvey" and "Dent". He pulls a finger print from the shattered bullet in the brick. He gets 4 possible matches on the print. Bruce then goes to check out the address that's closest to Commissioner Lobe's funeral.

He was testing different bullet calibers. The bricks were all the same but the holes each round left in them were different. Bruce picked the one out of the four that matched closest to the original, then used it as a model to digitally replicate the original and piece the shattered bullet back together.

He was testing different bullet calibers. The bricks were all the same but the holes each round left in them were different. Bruce picked the one out of the four that matched closest to the original, then used it as a model to digitally replicate the original and piece the shattered bullet back together.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"