• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Anyone commission a custom from Spidey2007 / Travis Perry?

Batman1939us

Civilian
Reaction score
I have a couple of times. Each time, it took several months longer
than what he estimated, but the work was good and I eventually got
them.

Back in April, I sent him 3 different Batman figures for light
customs/repaints/custom capes that he said would take a week after he
received the bases I provided. 6 months later, I still have nothing
and had to use a credit card chargeback in Paypal to get my 1st
payment back. He still has all the base figures, so I'm out those ($50
something worth of DCUC).

Anyone have similar problems?

I have a couple of times. Each time, it took several months longer
than what he estimated, but the work was good and I eventually got
them.

Back in April, I sent him 3 different Batman figures for light
customs/repaints/custom capes that he said would take a week after he
received the bases I provided. 6 months later, I still have nothing
and had to use a credit card chargeback in Paypal to get my 1st
payment back. He still has all the base figures, so I'm out those ($50
something worth of DCUC).

Anyone have similar problems?

Well We've discussed this. Im sending your figures back to you, but Im REALLY tied up at the moment your going to have to give me a little bit more time. I gave you back all your money and I apologize. what am I going to do with your base figures? I have no means in keeping them for anything so I will send them back when I can, 2 are complete in fact and those are the ones I sent but due to issues with wrong amount of postage or some bull**** it was sent back to me, and I didnt know and or get to them for awhile, the box was all banged up aswell. But whatever. You'll get your figures when I send them and I let you know awhile back via email you wouldn't have to pay and not to worry about it if it took this long. We've had business like 3 or 4 times together and Ive come through, theres no reason for me to keep your figures at this point, Im barely able to manage making anything at the moment due to personal issues.

Anyway I did pay the additional 20 dollars worth of paypal fees to cover your "mistaken" chargeback as well.

I do have other deals with people, but they thankfully have been very patient and some Ive made good friends with and they understand my situations. In the end, anyone I do owe some stuff to, and they know who they are, I will find a way to get it to them and whatever else I can to make up for time loss. Theres plenty of people you can ask that Ive done work for that can vouch for me. So lets put a plug in this until the situation sorts out please.

Hi. I will pay you for any work you did and appreciate that you have personal problems right now. If you only did two, ill pay you for two after i receive them.

I think I've been patient in waiting 6 months. At a certain point, though, just see it from my perspective when I keep getting promises that aren't followed through with.

In all our past transactions, you may have took longer, but I always got them in the end. This time though it went from a week to 6 months and then asking me to resend money again after you said they shipped and they didn't. If that's a mistake, due to postage I'll take your word but you have to see where I'm coming from where I'm out $50 plus $8 shipping to send the base materials and get vague responses every 3 weeks or so on the status.

If you send the 3 back, ill pay for whatever work has been done and post it here as I don't want to hurt your reputation. My only reason for this post as it just seemed, as months passed, I was going to be out all of the materials I sent, which I would have just preferred back up front if you didn't have time for them at the moment.

to be fair,i did send you $150 for a Keaton Batman last August/September of 2009 and still haven't received it...plus,i emailed you twice this past summer about it,and received no reply....

Almost a year now, and Travis Perry / Spidey2007 hasn't returned the 3 fodder figures I sent him. I'd recommend avoiding him as a trader or for customs.

Really? Wow, lame I'm sorry man, this guy sucks.

Yup. And I only got the Paypal payment I sent him back through a claim. I'd get a reply every 3 months or so saying they'd be out in a week, and then nothing. In the meantime, it looks like he posts 50 times a day on this board.

yeah,never heard anything on my end here either...he sent me a pic of the Keaton head he made from a mold ,telling me he was getting ready to paint it early last year....and never anything since.... i sent him a Money Order for the $150,so i'm out the money....live and learn...

That sucks.

As you mailed the mo, that's actually a federal crime he committed, Mail Fraud. The FBI has a Cyber Crimes website you can report this to as well. That's too much money to let him just rip you off of.

well im not dealing with this guy for any 1/6 customs, but i have been dealing with a similiar problem with this guy at the gbfans.com. i ordered this proton pack to be built for me last august, but the delays have been extremly irrtitating. seems this guy always has something coming up, or other props to work on, before he can finish mine up or get it shipped out to me even though i was the first to order my prop (i guerss first come first served doesnt apply to some ppl). he had an uncle who commited suicide, a just recently a grandfather died, i mean its like i feel bad but i want what i paid for regardless. i even sent it shipping cash which i didnt expect to have to do and yet im STILL waiting for my pack to ship. its ****ing unfair and to have to wait over 7 months and i still havent got the item i ordered, its crazy. so to the OP, i know how you feel and im going through the same thing but with a different person. these ppl dont seem to have any sense of responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"