Comics Has anyone else figured figured this out yet?....

wolvie2020

Sidekick
Reaction score
I have to say, I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet, and I don't usually make threads, but I had to say this.

I (think,) I've figured out the Spider-Man story in Civil War, and what happens next ish, (Civil War 5.)

Well, we all know what's been going on. Tony's been slowly getting Pete to be his lackey for a while, and using him as a means, (as he has always done with MANY people to be honest.) And in return, he's given Pete's family a home, safety, money, comfort, and stability. Something Pete's never had before.

Stark manipulated Pete into a position, and used his family. His family want Peter to be proud of himself, and stop carrying such a burden. Problem is, his fam haven't been part of the super hero game since they were 15, and everyone convinced him it was a good idea unmask.

Soon we find Peter is in trouble from all angles. The public are split on him, JJ is suing him, all his villains have multiple new ways to attack him, MJ is in danger, May is going into the Avengers tower with Chamaeleon posing as Peter, Stark lied to him about fighting Cap, as well as other heroes, Stark and Reed kept 52(?) a secret as well as Thor, and that isn't even half of it.

From the moment Peter unmasked, he went backstage and got mad at Tony, he's felt like he's been on the wrong side from the start, which is ironinc considering he's always just wanted to fight the good fight on the side of the law. He's a moralistic law abiding guy, (that's why he doesn't kill.)

Now the latest events have transpired, and Goliath got killed. After looking clone-Thor in the eye for the 1st time, Pete says to Hank 'Do you ever feel like we've picked the wrong side?' We then see a masked lean figure in a black coat looming over Cap's hideout, to me, this has to be Peter. We then see the Parker's at Goliath's funeral, and Reed states that Peter is acting 'very, VERY, suspiciously.'

We've seen Osborn with SHIELD agents, and the SHIELD agents are asking him if he wants to play, now that the rules have changed, (Civil War:Front Line.) He approaches Urich in Front Line, and when he gets too agressive, he's starts vomiting and disappears... Now, in the latest issue of Civil War, turns out that SHIELD have been getting imprisoned villains ready to use against heroes, provided that they have Reed/Stark's nanobots attached to them. This would explain Osborn, and his puking when he got out of hand...

Okay, we got this image a while ago, (after Peter unmasked,) and it makes perfect sense to me.
CIVWAR005_cov_100small.jpg

Peter is (obviously,) now going to switch sides. He wants to. And to add to this, they're using super villains against anti-reg's. So what happens? Peter switches sides, and his worst enemies are free to use whatever force they want against him, they're on the side of the law now. This'll explain why people were wondering Bullseye was in this pic months ago... And I bet ya, GG is going to be the one who shocks and brutalises Peter...

Pete's eyes are brown. The ski-masked man has blue eyes. Perhaps I'm not sure what this post really said, but are you asking if any of us have figured out that Spider-Man is going to switch sides?

crivelliman said:
Pete's eyes are brown. The ski-masked man has blue eyes. Perhaps I'm not sure what this post really said, but are you asking if any of us have figured out that Spider-Man is going to switch sides?

Actually, I kinda meant how Pete got from happily unmasking, to the cover of CW 5 that we got given one day after the unmasking, (it's been clear from even before CW 1 came out that he'll switch sides.) I may be wrong about the masked man, (I don't think I am at least,) but I think I'm right about what happens in CW 5 and why... We've seen the end of CW 4, we've seen Norman parading arund acting strange, and we've gotten this spoiler a looooooooooooooooooong time ago.

I think it's pretty straight forward, (I'm not claiming I'm a genius or anything,) but I thinnk it's now pretty obvious what this cover means, even though a few months ago it made no sense. But now it does, Pete's screwed.

I reckon Stark and Reed have been planning using criminals for a while, GG was one of the 1st tested out in the field. Also, people were wondering why Bullseye was in this image, seeing as he isn't one of Peter's arch villains. Well, it got explained on the last page CW 4, with a damn cool image.

Yeah, it's fairly obvious that Peter WANTS to switch sides. The fact that his family will be put IMMEDIATELY in harm's way is the only thing affecting his decision.

I expect Osborn and the other villians to be under a similar form of the brainwashing the government used on Doc Ock back in MKSM#1-12 (which Millar also wrote).

As for the "ski-mask man", I'm pretty sure it's The Punisher.

wolvie2020 said:
Peter is (obviously,) now going to switch sides. He wants to. And to add to this, they're using super villains against anti-reg's. So what happens? Peter switches sides, and his worst enemies are free to use whatever force they want against him, they're on the side of the law now. This'll explain why people were wondering Bullseye was in this pic months ago... And I bet ya, GG is going to be the one who shocks and brutalises Peter...
THIS I had not considered, although I guess it's the next convoluted step in this ridiculous development.

I was surprized when I saw that they (as in Iron Man and Reed) were using super villains and CLONES against anti-regs. Surprized and a little irritated, because it's REALLY hard to swallow.

The immediate and FEROCIOUS way they are going after heroes like Captain America is so over the top... and now they are sending villains after them?! What the hell?! :mad:

Does anyone else find this hard to believe? Is this really in character for the[SIZE=-1] architects of this plan (like IM and Reed)?[/SIZE]

Captivated said:
Does anyone else find this hard to believe? Is this really in character for the[SIZE=-1] architects of this plan (like IM and Reed)?[/SIZE]

Yes. I find the clones and the supervillian thing hard to believe. I mean, whether or not they are on opposing sides, they shouldn't suddenly become mortal enemies!

Tony and Reed seem so much more like Mandarin and Dr. Doom that it isn't even funny.

IMO, Stark has always been like this from the start. He's earned millions from arms manufacturing! Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive Iron Man fan, partly down to his arrogant, often selfish, moody behaviour. It makes him a lot more real to me

I don't know how far out of character Reed is, I think more than anything we need sit back and look at how this pans out.

But IMO, I think given the circumstances, desperate times lead to desperate measures. Stark and Reed are 2 of the strongest minds on the planet, but they're now outmanned. Reed s convinced by his stats that in the end he's right, and hasn't listened to Sue as much as he should've. Classic Reed and Sue.

To be honest, I reckon Reed WILL be the one who will fix this.

shinlyle said:
Yes. I find the clones and the supervillian thing hard to believe. I mean, whether or not they are on opposing sides, they shouldn't suddenly become mortal enemies!

Tony and Reed seem so much more like Mandarin and Dr. Doom that it isn't even funny.

I thought Tony's clone idea was bloody brilliant (and very Batman-esque, ala the Tower Of Babel storyline)...

But yeah, siccing an army of psychos on Cap and his crew is ridiculous. As i said elsewhere; it's got to be some sort of mind control...maybe a bunch of mentally powered villains working together.

As Jimmy Page once said; "All will be revealed"...:cwink:

Ski mask guy is definatly the Punisher, he has a gun to boot

CaptainStacy said:
I thought Tony's clone idea was bloody brilliant (and very Batman-esque, ala the Tower Of Babel storyline)...

But yeah, siccing an army of psychos on Cap and his crew is ridiculous. As i said elsewhere; it's got to be some sort of mind control...maybe a bunch of mentally powered villains working together.

As Jimmy Page once said; "All will be revealed"...:cwink:

ALoha,
People should go back and read Illuminati. Black Panther warned all of them that they were going down a very slippery slope. That's why he stayed out of it-for now.Ultimately, Civil War is about government control of super powered human beings. Mind controlled villians seem logical for now. Of course, by their nature villians cannot be controlled forever. I agree Capt. As Jimmy Page once said; "All will be revealed"...:cwink:[/QUOTE]
Spidey rules

Captivated said:
THIS I had not considered, although I guess it's the next convoluted step in this ridiculous development.

I was surprized when I saw that they (as in Iron Man and Reed) were using super villains and CLONES against anti-regs. Surprized and a little irritated, because it's REALLY hard to swallow.

The immediate and FEROCIOUS way they are going after heroes like Captain America is so over the top... and now they are sending villains after them?! What the hell?! :mad:

Not only do I find it hard to believe, I find it TOTALLY RIDICULOUS AND UNACCEPTABLE.

REED RICHARDS AND IRON MAN Acting this way, acting like villains? WHAT!?
the only way this could be resolved in a satisfactory way for me would be IF it turned out that all the pro reg heroes were somehow controlled, or perhaps were clones themselves or some other explanation which TOTALLY absolves them of their action. we cannot have reed just continue to go on after he imprisoned HEROES in the negative zone, and sent villains against them. Let me put it this way, the real REED wouldn't treat villains that way.

ANother thing which I would NEED is to have Spider-man do a Thor vs Orca. that is to say to make SM come out of his shell and finally kick some serious ass. enough of this weak can't fight Wolverine/Cap crap. SM should explain that he holds back so much when fighting human powered foes, that he sometimes comes off as weaker than they are (something that used to happen to superman all the time). He then should put a stop to it, and go out and kick some serious ass. He should face such overwhelming odds that the suit should be completely torn off of him, leaving only the man. and we should see that the man is enough, the man is all it takes, to conquer all.

Give me that, and I'll think the story was brilliant.

Captivated said:

Exactly. How does sending villains fit in with training, responsibility and so forth? Their measures are far more reckless than anyone they'd be going after. Especially since pretty much all of these villains have been defeated by the heroes they're hunting. So what's the upside of this?

Is anyone else seeing Norman Osborn, a brilliant scientist and mentally unstable, finding a way to break himself out of the mind control? I am. I see him beating whatever they're using on him, and then enlisting his fellow villians' aide in exchange for performing the procedure on them.

Of course, we can imagine what he will need them for, right?

My thing is, aside from this revelation about the villians in issue 4, the villians of the Marvel U have been pretty silent. You would have expected Doom, Magneto, or any of the dozens of other villians out there to have started making a move against the the underground heroes, by now.

Why the underground, you ask? Simple: You take them out, then you have a bunch of government-sponsored heroes left, and they will have to adhere to government guidelines about international treaties, property damage, and everything else. Doom would become untouchable almost overnight if the underground heroes were taken out. Magneto's interest in this would also be high...seeing as how the government registering heroes has already forcibly registered the last remaining mutants post House of M.

I don't know. I just thought, and hoped, that the villians would figure into this a bit more prominently than becoming government lackeys. They still might, but the possibility for a total cop-out ending is still there, and it really scares me.

I'm afraid that issue 6 or 7 is going to involve a villian(s) attacking, and the heroes must re-unite to thwart the threat, and then they all kiss and make up. I really hope Marvel takes the hight road and forces a resolution with a winner and a loser at the end. Think of the American Civil War. The South lost, the North won. Argue who was right and who was wrong all you want, one side won. (first person so say it wa over slavery gets an "F", by the way) It may not have been the happiest of endings, but it wasn't a "happy" war, either. This one should end the same way. Either the registration act will be abolished, or it will be law and the heroes will be forced to conform.

you know what?
why doesn't Joe Quesada save us all this time and energy? he should just pull down his pants and dropping a huge load on Amazing Spider-Man
it saddens me to think that i can't even pull the energy together to read Spider-Man's original title anymore

Im still enjoying SM's part in all these stories,
But I hate what has happened to IM and Reed,
It makes some sense for IM because the Extremis changed his personality,
But WTF happened to Mr. Fantastic???

wolvie2020 said:
I have to say, I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet, and I don't usually make threads, but I had to say this.

I (think,) I've figured out the Spider-Man story in Civil War, and what happens next ish, (Civil War 5.)

Well, we all know what's been going on. Tony's been slowly getting Pete to be his lackey for a while, and using him as a means, (as he has always done with MANY people to be honest.) And in return, he's given Pete's family a home, safety, money, comfort, and stability. Something Pete's never had before.

Stark manipulated Pete into a position, and used his family. His family want Peter to be proud of himself, and stop carrying such a burden. Problem is, his fam haven't been part of the super hero game since they were 15, and everyone convinced him it was a good idea unmask.

Soon we find Peter is in trouble from all angles. The public are split on him, JJ is suing him, all his villains have multiple new ways to attack him, MJ is in danger, May is going into the Avengers tower with Chamaeleon posing as Peter, Stark lied to him about fighting Cap, as well as other heroes, Stark and Reed kept 52(?) a secret as well as Thor, and that isn't even half of it.

From the moment Peter unmasked, he went backstage and got mad at Tony, he's felt like he's been on the wrong side from the start, which is ironinc considering he's always just wanted to fight the good fight on the side of the law. He's a moralistic law abiding guy, (that's why he doesn't kill.)

Now the latest events have transpired, and Goliath got killed. After looking clone-Thor in the eye for the 1st time, Pete says to Hank 'Do you ever feel like we've picked the wrong side?' We then see a masked lean figure in a black coat looming over Cap's hideout, to me, this has to be Peter. We then see the Parker's at Goliath's funeral, and Reed states that Peter is acting 'very, VERY, suspiciously.'

We've seen Osborn with SHIELD agents, and the SHIELD agents are asking him if he wants to play, now that the rules have changed, (Civil War:Front Line.) He approaches Urich in Front Line, and when he gets too agressive, he's starts vomiting and disappears... Now, in the latest issue of Civil War, turns out that SHIELD have been getting imprisoned villains ready to use against heroes, provided that they have Reed/Stark's nanobots attached to them. This would explain Osborn, and his puking when he got out of hand...

Okay, we got this image a while ago, (after Peter unmasked,) and it makes perfect sense to me.
CIVWAR005_cov_100small.jpg

i think the preview for civil war:front line proves you right

http://popcultureshock.com/index.php?p=40328&page=2

You know, this might be crazy but i think Marvel is making Tony and Reed act this way on purpose, in order to IMPROVE their character. Think about it. While Reed and Tony have never acted THIS outrageously before, they have somewhat always put science before anything else. Reed especially. Reed believes that everything in life can be calculated and estimated using numbers and statistics. I think the Civil War storyline is going to be Reed's turning point where he realizes that not everything in life can be calculated. He's going to make a mistake, a BIG one, and he'll finally realize that science isn't everything. The same for Tony.

I think this story was partly made to shape Tony and Reed up so that they become better people in the future and dont rely so much on technology to answer everything for them. I mean Reed already messed up with Thor and something tells me theres another BIg miscalculation coming. Thats my theory anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"