Anyone ever spent around $1000 on a credit card for comics?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
As somebody who spent the past 8 months collecting the X-Men from Proteus up through the Phalanx Covenant, I decided that I was going to binge on some of the best runs in comics of all time because why the heck not? I mean, there are so many series that I like that I barely got to read and others which I've never read, but I've just combed the wiki over.

Has anyone else who was new to comics ever done this?

If I had that much money to burn...

Sure, why not?

I've spent a decent amount on Daredevil since last February or so. Probably no more than $500, but it's still in the same ballpark. It's not unreasonable, although, yeah, make sure you can afford it.

My interest rate is manageable. I should be debt free by the end of the year. And I spent it on Daredevil, Iron Fist, X-Men, Captain America, Avengers, Spider-Man and Iron Man.

That's awesome, dude! I didn't read comics for about 20 years and then I got back into them pretty hardcore. I've been doing a lot of catch up. Lol

A few hundred is the highest I've gotten to at once, and that was at a convention.

I spent $1500 for ASM #1 back in 1990...

That's awesome, dude! I didn't read comics for about 20 years and then I got back into them pretty hardcore. I've been doing a lot of catch up. Lol

And can you imagine anyone starting from scratch?

It was overwhelming for me to say the least. Lol. I enjoy it so much, though. There is so much awesome stuff that I've missed.

this thread is funny to me. is it like an extension of you trying to find comfort in the fact that you made a terrible decision? if so, then il be honest with you, unless you have disposable income, that was a really stupid thing to do. you did not need to put your self in debt just to satisfy your need to have everything at once. you should have paced your self and bought what you could afford as you went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"