Anyone hand out comics along with candy for Halloween?

GNR

Avenger
Reaction score
I had a stack of books I had dropped dating to almost a year ago.I decided,heck,why not hand them out instead of having them take up space.Plus,who knows I could have easily converted some new readers in the process.Some of these books included Ultimate Six,ASM,FF,Wonder Woman,The Spirit and first series JSA,not the current one.

The reactions were priceless though:

-some kids looked at the books as if they had never seen a book before
-some kids would ask which hero was in the book
-"cool! thanks!"
-"is this a drawing book?"

-and the best reaction of the night came from a group of kids who looked around 11-15,the mom asked "wow,what's JSA?" and without hesitation they all responded "justice society of america"and then started naming the characters on the cover one by one...my faith in humanity is restored,I'm glad that the "japanese machine" hasn't seduced all of the world's youth

anyone else hand out comics?

sure at my business I give comics away to kids and teens

all i had to give out were blow pops but nobody showed up. the only person who came to my door last night was an adult panhandling
BUMMER

From what I see and hear in the news, handing out comics to minors is never a good idea. :(

how could that be photo it seems like a good idea:ninja:

Too often do teachers or librarians give comics to kids only to have it come back and bite them in the ass in court. Comics have boobies sometimes, you know. And boobies can hurt people under 18.

Too often do teachers or librarians give comics to kids only to have it come back and bite them in the ass in court. Comics have boobies sometimes, you know. And boobies can hurt people under 18.

Not if you read them :oldrazz: Most of the comics I give away are Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, FF and a few others that I know don't have nude

Yeah, if you stick to mainstream comics, you should be fine. They'll just have tons of gruesome violence, but that's not as important as protecting kids from seeing boobies.

Are there women in them? And do those women have breasts? Case closed. :o

Still not the comics' fault, in that case. Their mothers would've been scarring them since birth.

Apparently, it is the comics' fault. The library across from my old elementary school has stopped carrying any and all superhero comics because of the boobies.

Your library's stupid unless they fired all their female librarians, too. :up:

I blame the county sheriff, myself. A few years back, he got busted editting "questionable" scenes out of movies in secret before the mutliplexes could show them.

Still not the comics' fault, in that case. Their mothers would've been scarring them since birth.

dumb, nothing wrong with boobies, I :heart: boobies :hyper:

Hell I was reading the old B/W Vampirella and as I recall it had boobs :oldrazz:
My parents didn't mind me reading them :woot:

And look how you turned out: a grammar/spelling failure. :up:

;)

I blame the county sheriff, myself. A few years back, he got busted editting "questionable" scenes out of movies in secret before the mutliplexes could show them.

Where the hell do you live?!

Oh.. Ohio..

LoL.

I do live in Ohio, yes. It's a lot less smelly then New York. :up:

Yessir, pa. You jus' go back inside an' rest yer tired feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"