Batman Begins Anyone still feel Bale wasn't the right choice??

^ Eh... no, he's 6'. Here's a quote by him about his weight loss for The Machinist:

"I just assumed that I would be around 145. But then I just decided I was going to go for it. It’s just an extra nine pounds, and I can drop that in a week or so. But I’m 6 foot — it’s just not healthy" - Christian Bale

Alfie Luke said:
The Internet Movie Database, I think it has plenty of credibility.
You should check it out sometime...

Wake up. IMDB is a place where any Joe Schmoe can submit crap and it gets uploaded on the site. IMDB is the last place on the Net to look for accurate, reliable info.

I'm not expecting a 100 % comic-to-movie transposition, far from it. It's based on personal interpretation of the characters and the world around them. Batman has consistantly been portrayed as average in height and I'd like to see otherwise, for once.

Batman had the right height in Begins, period. In "The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight", Bruce Wayne/Batman has a documented height of 6'2. No more, no less. It may only appear as though he is a giant, bulking figure but that is only because of the way he is drawn by many comic artists, nevertheless, fact remains that DC's official information database lists him as 6'2.

Hence my rectification to 6'5'', no less.

That would be ridiculously tall. Heck, Clark Kent/Superman is 6'3 in the comics. And Batman always appears to be an inch shorter than him.

Batman has had a lot of martial arts training and he's a really intelligent man that knows what he's doing. Being 6'5'' wouldn't really be a dissadvantage to being 6'2'' for him, as he uses his surroundings to his advantage. Plus, even if being 6'2'' was the "best height" according to you, the fact still remains that Christian Bale is only 6'.

Bale is at least 6'1. His height was a major point of debate a couple of days before and after his casting and after much deliberation, it was concluded that with the extra inch or two that would be added after he wears the suit, the height would be perfect Batman.

I never said that. As I stated earlier, I said that they decided to give him a bulletproof armor because he wasn't able to dodge bullets in the first place, I never emplied that he wasn't even going to try, due to the armor. Plus, if you're able to shoot a 6'5'' guy, you're able to shoot a 6'2'' guy, come on now. I know there's probably not a lot of good 6'5'' actors that are known and I would never sacrifice talent for height, that's for sure... but that's not going to stop me from wanting a taller Batman.

But Batman isn't 6'5. He is 6'2. And Bale most definitely meets that criteria, particularly when he's wearing the suit.

The thing is, in Batman Begins Alfred not only is taller than Batman, he's also quite big... which doesn't really help. Most, if not all interpretations of Alfred that I have seen, there is always a big difference in size between Bruce and Alfred and when I say 'size', it doesn't only involve height but also body structure, wideness, etc. Still, once again I wouldn't sacrifice talent for physique, but in my mind, it takes away from the character...

The problem here is not Bale, it's Caine. Traditionally, Alfred has been depicted as a lean fellow with a documented height of 6 feet, slightly shorter than Batman. If Hopkins had accepted the role, there wouldn't have been this negligible inconvenience to begin with. But since Caine pulle off the role quite admirably, I think it is not only wise, but indubitable to accept the compromise of the "traditional look" of Alfred in favor of the excellent performance given by Caine. Besides, both Caine and Bale are pretty much the same height, if you've noticed the pics and videos from the premiere.

Come on now, he's always been pretty big... not "the big guy", but more like a large, muscular man. I'm not trying to emply he's body builder big, but he is a physically imposing man. In my eyes, he should almost NEVER have to look up to anyone, which he does in Batman Begins.

Again, the problem is simply the unrealistic and exaggerated manner in which the character is illustrated by some artists in the comics. Otherwise going by the official DC profile, Batman was the right height in Begins.

Alfie Luke said:
^ Eh... no, he's 6'. Here's a quote by him about his weight loss for The Machinist:

"I just assumed that I would be around 145. But then I just decided I was going to go for it. It’s just an extra nine pounds, and I can drop that in a week or so. But I’m 6 foot — it’s just not healthy" - Christian Bale

It seems like he is only making a self-estimation of his height there (which typically turns out to be an inch more or an inch less and no way is Bale less than 6') and not talking about his accurate height.

Bale was a perfect Wayne and looked like a great Batman. But i still felt something was missing. I cant point my finger at it. Anyone else cringe at the scene where Bats enter the cell and says "scuse me"?

Alfie Luke said:

That could have been taken down wrong from the interview or something. Either way, I am 6'0 and when Bale stood next to me (like face to face) he was about a forehead taller than me.

Wake up. IMDB is a place where any Joe Schmoe can submit crap and it gets uploaded on the site. IMDB is the last place on the Net to look for accurate, reliable info.

You mean like Wikipedia? We all know everything there is über crap because everyday people contribute to making the database larger by adding information they have on specific subjects. [/Sarcasm]

It does have credibility.

Batman had the right height in Begins, period. In "The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight", Bruce Wayne/Batman has a documented height of 6'2. No more, no less. It may only appear as though he is a giant, bulking figure but that is only because of the way he is drawn by many comic artists, nevertheless, fact remains that DC's official information database lists him as 6'2.

There's something you don't seem to understand... I get the impression that you think I'm trying to be 100 % fateful to the comics and cartoons, which I am not. I believe you when you say he's supposed to be 6'2'' according to DC's official database, but the fact still remains that he's always portrayed as being a lot bigger than that ( at least 6'5'' ). That to me, is something that can't just be left out...

That would be ridiculously tall. Heck, Clark Kent/Superman is 6'3 in the comics. And Batman always appears to be an inch shorter than him.

That's not "ridiculously tall", ridiculously tall would be 6'10'' and up.
Even 6'8'', now that I think about it, but not 6'5''.

Bale is at least 6'1. His height was a major point of debate a couple of days before and after his casting and after much deliberation, it was concluded that with the extra inch or two that would be added after he wears the suit, the height would be perfect Batman.

Gary Coleman is also the perfect height for Batman, as when you put him on 1 1/2 foot tall platform shoes, he's 6'2''. [/Sarcasm]
Seriously now, "after much deliberation"? don't make me laugh... it is and has always been a matter of personal interpretation and opinion. If you guys enjoy seing a Batman that's average in height, that's fine with me, but if your goal was to make me change my mind because you people determined, "after much deliberation" that he was the perfect height, you're not going to win. Batman has always been bigger than that in my mind and to me, it only makes the character better.

But Batman isn't 6'5. He is 6'2. And Bale most definitely meets that criteria, particularly when he's wearing the suit.

Bale is 6'. According to you, Bruce Wayne is 6'2''. There 2'' of difference. If they were wearing the same suit, Bale's Batman would be 6'2'' and the real Batman would be 6'4''. There's still a 2'' difference between the two of them.

The problem here is not Bale, it's Caine. Traditionally, Alfred has been depicted as a lean fellow with a documented height of 6 feet, slightly shorter than Batman. If Hopkins had accepted the role, there wouldn't have been this negligible inconvenience to begin with. But since Caine pulle off the role quite admirably, I think it is not only wise, but indubitable to accept the compromise of the "traditional look" of Alfred in favor of the excellent performance given by Caine. Besides, both Caine and Bale are pretty much the same height, if you've noticed the pics and videos from the premiere.

Sure, part of the problem is Michael Caine... like I stated earlier, he's still a somewhat big fellow, but Bale isn't really helping either. I wouldn't have liked Anthony Hopkins in the role either... he's too fat. Plus, I didn't find Michael Caine's performance to be THAT extraordinary, in fact I didn't really feel like it was Alfred, but more like Michael Caine playing Alfred... I'm sure they could've found a good actor that looks more like him.

Again, the problem is simply the unrealistic and exaggerated manner in which the character is illustrated by some artists in the comics. Otherwise going by the official DC profile, Batman was the right height in Begins.

Nah. Batman was 2'' shorter in Begins...

It seems like he is only making a self-estimation of his height there (which typically turns out to be an inch more or an inch less and no way is Bale less than 6') and not talking about his accurate height.

So, what part of what he says makes you believe he's " only making a self-estimation of his height"? That's a pretty weak argument against his very own words. Plus, where the heck do you take the idea that it "typically turns out to be an inch more or less"?!? You look like you are desperately trying to twist reality to make it fit with your view of him as 6'1''.

That could have been taken down wrong from the interview or something. Either way, I am 6'0 and when Bale stood next to me (like face to face) he was about a forehead taller than me.

Then you're not 6' or he was wearing high heels. ( or both for that matter )

It's really sad you actually care that much, Alfie. :(:o

^ I probably care as much for my fictional 6'5'' Batman as Phaser cares for his 6' Christian Bale Batman.
There's no real difference... if you pay attention, of course. ;)

You're the one crying about a two inch height difference. If you talked about this to anyone outside of Batman or comics, they would look at you like you have a second head. And they'd be quite right in their reaction.

This stuff isn't important and we ruin this films for ourselves because of it.

Alfie Luke said:
You mean like Wikipedia? We all know everything there is über crap because everyday people contribute to making the database larger by adding information they have on specific subjects. [/Sarcasm]

It does have credibility.

Credibility my ass. I'm not even going to bother listing the hundreds of IMDB screwups during the production of BB alone. Anyone who used to frequent these boards at that time will testify to that. I can't even count the number of false alarms we'd recieved here because of IMDB.

There's something you don't seem to understand... I get the impression that you think I'm trying to be 100 % fateful to the comics and cartoons, which I am not.

Then your argument doesn't have a freakin' leg to stand on. It's nothing but your own personal opinion, one that doesn't have any merit in this debate.

I believe you when you say he's supposed to be 6'2'' according to DC's official database, but the fact still remains that he's always portrayed as being a lot bigger than that ( at least 6'5'' ). That to me, is something that can't just be left out...

If the makers of the character say he is 6'2, then he is 6'2. Period.

That's not "ridiculously tall", ridiculously tall would be 6'10'' and up.
Even 6'8'', now that I think about it, but not 6'5''.

Ridiculously tall, as in ridiculously tall for "Batman".

Gary Coleman is also the perfect height for Batman, as when you put him on 1 1/2 foot tall platform shoes, he's 6'2''. [/Sarcasm]

What the **** does Gary Coleman have to do with this? If you want to get so smart with sarcasm, why don't you at least do it an appropriate manner?

Seriously now, "after much deliberation"? don't make me laugh... it is and has always been a matter of personal interpretation and opinion. If you guys enjoy seing a Batman that's average in height, that's fine with me, but if your goal was to make me change my mind because you people determined, "after much deliberation" that he was the perfect height, you're not going to win. Batman has always been bigger than that in my mind and to me, it only makes the character better.

And just because Batman's been bigger "in your mind" does not put you in sufficient position to counter the indisputable fact that the character has been documented to be 6'2. And Batman is not always drawn as some huge, bulking figure the way some artists illustrate him as. There are many comics where he appears to be only moderately tall and looks his documented height. Year One and a number of Detective comics come to mind as immediate examples, of course there are many, many, many more.

Bale is 6'. According to you, Bruce Wayne is 6'2''. There 2'' of difference. If they were wearing the same suit, Bale's Batman would be 6'2'' and the real Batman would be 6'4''. There's still a 2'' difference between the two of them.

I said Bale was at least 6'1.

And just to show you exactly how wrong are IMDB in this regard, here's just a couple of sources that all list Bale as 6'2, chuck:

http://www.netglimse.com/celebs/pages/christian_bale/index.shtml
http://celebritiespictures.supereva.com/celeb.php?name=Christian Bale
http://www.teenidols4you.com/bio/Actors/40/cbale.html
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/biographies/christian_bale_biog.html
http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/interviews/WildAboutMoviesChristianBaleBatmanBegins.php
http://www.celebsprofile.com/b/christian-bale/index.html
http://webfantasy.info/Christian_Bale/Bio.htm
http://screengazing.dee-dee.net/archives/001368.html
http://musicals.allinfoabout.com/celebspotlight.html

Sure, part of the problem is Michael Caine... like I stated earlier, he's still a somewhat big fellow, but Bale isn't really helping either. I wouldn't have liked Anthony Hopkins in the role either... he's too fat. Plus, I didn't find Michael Caine's performance to be THAT extraordinary, in fact I didn't really feel like it was Alfred, but more like Michael Caine playing Alfred... I'm sure they could've found a good actor that looks more like him.

I strongly disagree.

Nah. Batman was 2'' shorter in Begins...

Prove it, bub.

So, what part of what he says makes you believe he's " only making a self-estimation of his height"? That's a pretty weak argument against his very own words.

That is because many sources that list his height as 6' write it down as "self-reported". And in that quote he seems to be talking very casually (words to consider: "around 145", "in a week or so", "6 foot" when he should have said "feet" instead) and most of the things he said in that quote clearly appear to be approximates and not completely precise.

Plus, where the heck do you take the idea that it "typically turns out to be an inch more or less"?!? You look like you are desperately trying to twist reality to make it fit with your view of him as 6'1''.

Because approximates are never precise. Surely you're smart enough to figure that out. Or are you?

Then you're not 6' or he was wearing high heels. ( or both for that matter )

He is talkin from firsthand experience and it is very much possible he was one of the few guys from this board who were present on-site during BB's filming in Chicago and met with actors and took pictures with them. Frankly speaking, I'd much rather believe him than you. Besides, since you sound so confident, tell, do you have a source that is more reliable than him which claims Bale is only 6 foot? If yes, I'd sure as hell like to see it.

millennium movies said:
Anyone else cringe at the scene where Bats enter the cell and says "scuse me"?

A tongue in cheek moment, quite unlike the Burton and Schumaker movies and the Spider-man movies, and the Superman movies, and the X-Men movies, and...:rolleyes:

You're the one crying about a two inch height difference. If you talked about this to anyone outside of Batman or comics, they would look at you like you have a second head. And they'd be quite right in their reaction.

I'm not "crying' any more than Phaser is...
He says 6'2'' and I say 6'. There's nothing more to it.

Credibility my ass. I'm not even going to bother listing the hundreds of IMDB screwups during the production of BB alone. Anyone who used to frequent these boards at that time will testify to that. I can't even count the number of false alarms we'd recieved here because of IMDB.

Just to rectify something here... Christian Bale isn't "Batman Begins". There's a big difference between an actual biography and information on a film that his being made.

Then your argument doesn't have a freakin' leg to stand on. It's nothing but your own personal opinion, one that doesn't have any merit in this debate.

Wake up Phaser, I've been presenting my opinion from the very start... I never stated that Batman was officially 6'5'' or more, but that I felt that the way he was presented in the comics and cartoons made him out to be about that size and that I would like to see it like that in the movies, for once. I thought you were aware that the Batman movies have been done based on the director's ( or whomever's ) personal interpretation of Batman, yet it doesn't invalidate their work or view, why should it do it to mine?

If the makers of the character say he is 6'2, then he is 6'2. Period.

Didn't you say that Alfred was supposed to be 6'?
He's taller than that in the movie. Why not do the same for Batman?

Ridiculously tall, as in ridiculously tall for "Batman".

So, 6'2'' is perfect and 6'5'' is just freaking ridiculous?

What the **** does Gary Coleman have to do with this? If you want to get so smart with sarcasm, why don't you at least do it an appropriate manner?

You claimed that, with the added height of the suit, Christian Bale would be okay...
According to you, Batman is 6'2'' ( that's without the suit ), so if you're going to take a shorter actor and claim that the suit will make him the right height, then why not take an even smaller actor but give him a bigger boost? That was the sarcastic part...

And just because Batman's been bigger "in your mind" does not put you in sufficient position to counter the indisputable fact that the character has been documented to be 6'2. And Batman is not always drawn as some huge, bulking figure the way some artists illustrate him as. There are many comics where he appears to be only moderately tall and looks his documented height. Year One and a number of Detective comics come to mind as immediate examples, of course there are many, many, many more.

Again, it's a matter of interpretation... I'm not denying the fact that he may have been portrayed as shorter than 6'5'', but that doesn't change the fact that he HAS been portrayed as that tall and to me, it fits the character better.

Well, according to you now, he's 6'2''? Then with the added 2'' that you say the suit gives him, he's 6'4'' as Batman? ( as tall as Liam Neeson ) Riiiiiiight! That's border line ridiculous, no? Oh wait, that's right... you said that Christian Bale was the perfect height for Batman, so that means that 6'4'' is perfect and 1'' more is just freaking ridiculous, right? ah ah ah.

I'll use something else to prove my point. You can check anywhere on the net, I think everyone will agree that Morgan Freeman IS in fact 6'2''. Now, let us look at this picture of Batman Begins:

batman1_26.jpg

Oh yeah, they clearly are exactly the same height. [/Sarcasm]

I strongly disagree.

... about which part?

Prove it, bub.

See the pic above... bub.

That is because many sources that list his height as 6' write it down as "self-reported". And in that quote he seems to be talking very casually (words to consider: "around 145", "in a week or so", "6 foot" when he should have said "feet" instead) and most of the things he said in that quote clearly appear to be approximates and not completely precise.

Since when do people "self-report" themselves as shorter than they actually are?
Most of the time, I think it's the other way around...

Because approximates are never precise. Surely you're smart enough to figure that out. Or are you?

So, you're down to attempts at insults now?

He is talkin from firsthand experience and it is very much possible he was one of the few guys from this board who were present on-site during BB's filming in Chicago and met with actors and took pictures with them. Frankly speaking, I'd much rather believe him than you. Besides, since you sound so confident, tell, do you have a source that is more reliable than him which claims Bale is only 6 foot? If yes, I'd sure as hell like to see it.

Of course you'd much rather believe him than me, otherwise you'd be wrong... duh.
Plus, apparently Christian Bale saying it himself isn't reliable enough for you so...

Alfie Luke said:
Just to rectify something here... Christian Bale isn't "Batman Begins". There's a big difference between an actual biography and information on a film that his being made.

But there's no difference between a website screwing up, posting inaccurate (and sometimes, blatantly wrong) information that would hurt it's credibility. And that was exactly my point. IMDB constantly posting unreliable information that makes it less credible.

OK, I'll give you an example of IMDB's celebrity profile screwups. Monica Bellucci date of birth is reported there to be 30th September 1964, when in fact, according to most credible and reliable sources, it's 30th September 1968. Or you going to pull another "Alfie Luke" and now tell me that Bellucci isn't Bale? Of course not, if you get the inference that is.

Wake up Phaser, I've been presenting my opinion from the very start... I never stated that Batman was officially 6'5'' or more, but that I felt that the way he was presented in the comics and cartoons made him out to be about that size and that I would like to see it like that in the movies, for once. I thought you were aware that the Batman movies have been done based on the director's ( or whomever's ) personal interpretation of Batman, yet it doesn't invalidate their work or view, why should it do it to mine?

But of course there have been many versions of the character in the comics themselves in which he is around the same height as he is in Begins. Why not take those into account as well? What makes your selective vision of the character so important that makes it worthy to be complained about and debated with the factual profile presented by the makers of the characters themselves? Otherwise, if you're simply stating an opinion, then do so and move on. Why argue about it if you don't have facts to present in your favor?

Didn't you say that Alfred was supposed to be 6'?
He's taller than that in the movie. Why not do the same for Batman?

And what difference does it make if he isn't?

Besides, it's not like it was a conscious decision on the filmmakers' part to cast a taller-looking Alfred. So why should it apply to Batman, especially when he is the right height to begin with?

So, 6'2'' is perfect and 6'5'' is just freaking ridiculous?

Yes, because even Superman isn't that tall. And Batman pretty much always has been portrayed to be shorter than him, whether it's the cartoons, the comics or the movies.

You claimed that, with the added height of the suit, Christian Bale would be okay...
According to you, Batman is 6'2'' ( that's without the suit ), so if you're going to take a shorter actor and claim that the suit will make him the right height, then why not take an even smaller actor but give him a bigger boost? That was the sarcastic part...

What's so sarcastic about it? They already did try that trick. With Keaton. Your point?

Again, it's a matter of interpretation... I'm not denying the fact that he may have been portrayed as shorter than 6'5'', but that doesn't change the fact that he HAS been portrayed as that tall and to me, it fits the character better.

What makes you so sure that it was Batman that was portrayed as being tall? Perhaps Batman was 6'2 all along. Perhaps it was the other characters who were portrayed as being shorter. Ever think about it that way, chuck?

Now of course, you can deny this and say that it was Batman who was drawn bigger than he's supposed to be, but again, what proof do you have that it wasn't the other characters who were drawn smaller?

Well, according to you now, he's 6'2''? Then with the added 2'' that you say the suit gives him, he's 6'4'' as Batman? ( as tall as Liam Neeson ) Riiiiiiight! That's border line ridiculous, no? Oh wait, that's right... you said that Christian Bale was the perfect height for Batman, so that means that 6'4'' is perfect and 1'' more is just freaking ridiculous, right? ah ah ah.

Get real. The horns and the cowl alone would give him at least 2 inches more (another contributing factor could be if he's wearing boots with thick soles). And yes, if you look closely in the film, when Bale's in the suit, he looks about just as big as Neeson. But that's not Bale. That's the suit. If you get a 6'5 actor, he'd look closer to 6'7 in the suit. And that, is quite ridiculous.

I'll use something else to prove my point. You can check anywhere on the net, I think everyone will agree that Morgan Freeman IS in fact 6'2''. Now, let us look at this picture of Batman Begins:

batman1_26.jpg

Nope. Michael Caine is clearly 6'2 and Bale appears to be just as tall. Morgan Freeman is indisutably more than 6'2 (check celebheights.com) and is actually closer to Neeson's height. As you will see in the following pics, no skewed camera angles, no trick photography, pretty much everyone standing straight and upright:

LaBatmanPrem7.jpg

c0b41a1e0c.jpg

LaBatmanPrem8.jpg

LaBatmanPrem20.jpg

LaBatmanPrem19.jpg

Let's see you try saying that again now, chump.

... about which part?

About Caine's performance.

See the pic above... bub.

See the pics above, bub.

Since when do people "self-report" themselves as shorter than they actually are?
Most of the time, I think it's the other way around...

Because self reports are mostly approximates and estimates rather than being precise down to the very inch. Besides, I've already shown that Bale seems to be talking very casually in that quote you posted and pretty much every measure he's speaking of. Since he speaks loosely of his weight in approximates, what makes you think that he's completely accurate and precise about his height?

So, you're down to attempts at insults now?

You must be some kind of hypersensitive, emo chick if you took that as an insult.

Of course you'd much rather believe him than me, otherwise you'd be wrong... duh.

No, because after seeing those pics I posted, I'd only be passing myself as blind and senile if I believe you.

Plus, apparently Christian Bale saying it himself isn't reliable enough for you so...

Apparently, you're hell bent on clutching on to one, single quote (and even that is not exact) while real-life pics and numerous celebrity profiles aren't reliable enough for you so...

I think this thing about complaining about an inch or 2 difference or whether someone else is as tall as Bruce or even taller, is a fanboy hangup.

People who are not well verse in such details had no problem with Bruce's or Batman's height in the movie.

IMO, at no time did Batman height look out of place or awkward, unlike Michael Keaton in the first movie. It was apparent that he was small man in a Batsuit that really look riduculous in the scene where him and vicki are running down the street from the Joker's men.

Speaking of the comics, I noticed on several occasions where Batman's size and height have varied even in the same book.

Even though the Batman films are derived from the comics, its not a comic book; its a movie. And I really think that a 6'3 to 6'5 Bodybuilder, while may look impressive with the batsuit on, would not be a suitable Bruce Wayne.

OK, I'll give you an example of IMDB's celebrity profile screwups. Monica Bellucci date of birth is reported there to be 30th September 1964, when in fact, according to most credible and reliable sources, it's 30th September 1968. Or you going to pull another "Alfie Luke" and now tell me that Bellucci isn't Bale? Of course not, if you get the inference that is.

Who are those "credible and reliable sources"?
So, they make mistakes... mistakes that represent what? About 1% of their whole database?

I'm not saying they are perfect, but we can't discredit them for that.

But of course there have been many versions of the character in the comics themselves in which he is around the same height as he is in Begins. Why not take those into account as well? What makes your selective vision of the character so important that makes it worthy to be complained about and debated with the factual profile presented by the makers of the characters themselves? Otherwise, if you're simply stating an opinion, then do so and move on. Why argue about it if you don't have facts to present in your favor?

Pay attention, since the very beginning I've been talking about wanting a taller Batman, because of all the interpretations that have been done of him, the one where he appears taller are the ones that I prefer. I feel as though it fits the character better than being of average height. I don't feel as though I'm "arguing" about it, but more like defending it. Although you claim to respect my opinion, you try to present it as being simply ridiculous and not right.

And what difference does it make if he isn't?

Besides, it's not like it was a conscious decision on the filmmakers' part to cast a taller-looking Alfred. So why should it apply to Batman, especially when he is the right height to begin with?

So, if the actor playing Alfred was 6'6'', you wouldn't mind, because Batman is the "right height"?
( Heck, make all the other actors 5'' taller than they are right now and keep Batman like he is in Begins... does this seem right to do? No )

In the world of Batman, Batman is a taller than average man. If they want to translate that in the movie in a faithful way, they have to keep a sense of proportion, which isn't really the case in Begins.

What's so sarcastic about it? They already did try that trick. With Keaton. Your point?

My point is that, according to the 'standards' you presented, anyone can be the "right height".
I think that was pretty obivious...

What makes you so sure that it was Batman that was portrayed as being tall? Perhaps Batman was 6'2 all along. Perhaps it was the other characters who were portrayed as being shorter. Ever think about it that way, chuck?

Now of course, you can deny this and say that it was Batman who was drawn bigger than he's supposed to be, but again, what proof do you have that it wasn't the other characters who were drawn smaller?

That just there supports my point 100 %, thanks.
Like I just said, it's a question of proportions... if you screw with that, that's when it loses some of it's appeal. Even if it was everyone else that was shorter, the fact still remains that in his world, Batman is considered a big guy. If they make the supporting cast around him bigger, he should be bigger too. It's as simple as that kiddo.

Get real. The horns and the cowl alone would give him at least 2 inches more (another contributing factor could be if he's wearing boots with thick soles). And yes, if you look closely in the film, when Bale's in the suit, he looks about just as big as Neeson. But that's not Bale. That's the suit. If you get a 6'5 actor, he'd look closer to 6'7 in the suit. And that, is quite ridiculous.

If the cowl and the horns alone give him 2'' more + 1'' with the boots, that's 3'' more. Now, if you say he looks "about as big as Neeson", who is 6'4'', it means that he's almost 6'4'' too. Almost 6'4'' - 3'' equals almost 6'1'', which means he's about 6'1/2''. Yeah...

Nope. Michael Caine is clearly 6'2 and Bale appears to be just as tall. Morgan Freeman is indisutably more than 6'2 (check celebheights.com) and is actually closer to Neeson's height. As you will see in the following pics, no skewed camera angles, no trick photography, pretty much everyone standing straight and upright:

* I won't post all the pics again for no reason, just check above *

According to most of the sites I've checked, Morgan Freeman is between 6'2'' and 6'2 1/2'', no more. Now look at him in all the pics you presented ( especially the 4th one ) and in all of them, it's obivious that like a certain amount of people, his head is slighly foward ( slight curve in spine ), which makes him look shorter than he actually is. Now, even with that being said, when you compare him to Christian Bale, he clearly is taller than him. This means that he's less that 6'2''.

42787dcfb3a7e.jpg

Morgan Freeman, being taller than Christian Bale, once again...

1.jpg

Christian and Matthew... both being 6'0''.

Let's see you try saying that again now, chump.

Here you go bobby:

See the pics above, bub.

Yeah, he's not 6'2'' for sure... bub.

Because self reports are mostly approximates and estimates rather than being precise down to the very inch. Besides, I've already shown that Bale seems to be talking very casually in that quote you posted and pretty much every measure he's speaking of. Since he speaks loosely of his weight in approximates, what makes you think that he's completely accurate and precise about his height?

... because height is constant ( at least at this point ), but his weight was constantly changing for his role, hence his approximations.

You must be some kind of hypersensitive, emo chick if you took that as an insult.

Never thought it would be so hard for someone to read so few words... I clearly said "attempt".
... and questionning my intelligence could be seen as one, especially when it's not an issue.

No, because after seeing those pics I posted, I'd only be passing myself as blind and senile if I believe you.

I see those pics and I don't see same heights... open your eyes.

Apparently, you're hell bent on clutching on to one, single quote (and even that is not exact) while real-life pics and numerous celebrity profiles aren't reliable enough for you so...

Of course it's not "exact", because Dr. Phaser said so, right?
I've seen the pics and the profiles and I don't see the same thing, so...

Alfie Luke said:
Who are those "credible and reliable sources"?
So, they make mistakes... mistakes that represent what? About 1% of their whole database?

And where exactly did you get that "1%" figure from? And besides, that still doesn't prove that they are reliable source of information, especially when their info conflicts what is reported by at least a dozen other sites.

I'm not saying they are perfect, but we can't discredit them for that.

We can discredit them when there are other sources out there that say otherwise.

Pay attention, since the very beginning I've been talking about wanting a taller Batman, because of all the interpretations that have been done of him, the one where he appears taller are the ones that I prefer. I feel as though it fits the character better than being of average height. I don't feel as though I'm "arguing" about it, but more like defending it. Although you claim to respect my opinion, you try to present it as being simply ridiculous and not right.

I "respect" your right to have an opinion, not your opinion itself, because quite frankly, as you put it in your own words, I find your reasoning faulty and ridiculous.

So, if the actor playing Alfred was 6'6'', you wouldn't mind, because Batman is the "right height"?

But is the actor playing Alfred 6'6? What exactly is the point of arguing on such exaggerated assumptions?

( Heck, make all the other actors 5'' taller than they are right now and keep Batman like he is in Begins... does this seem right to do? No )

The only ones who are taller than they're supposed to is Ra's, Alfred and Fox. And they're not so tall as they completely dwarf Bruce Wayne. They just seem a little bit taller. It's somewhat acceptable for Ra's to be a but taller because he plays Bruce's mentor, is the main villain and because of Neeson's jackpot performance. Fox? He was never as significant a character (neither in the film nor in the comics), so it's not that big of a problem. As for Alfred, well he is just as tall as Bruce so again I don't take that big an issue with it. At least not as big as indulge myself into a lengthy debate for it.

In the world of Batman, Batman is a taller than average man. If they want to translate that in the movie in a faithful way, they have to keep a sense of proportion, which isn't really the case in Begins.

There was a sense of proportion. Batman obviously seemed bigger than the Ra's ninjas as well as Crane's and Falcone's thugs. He seemed a bit taller than Gordon in the end as well. Batman was taller than the "average man" in Begins. Unless of course, in your view, a handful of characters like Fox, Ra's and Alfred constitute the "average man".

My point is that, according to the 'standards' you presented, anyone can be the "right height".
I think that was pretty obivious...

But Bale had the right height without the suit. The suit only makes him appear a bit taller and bigger than he already is.

That just there supports my point 100 %, thanks.
Like I just said, it's a question of proportions... if you screw with that, that's when it loses some of it's appeal. Even if it was everyone else that was shorter, the fact still remains that in his world, Batman is considered a big guy. If they make the supporting cast around him bigger, he should be bigger too. It's as simple as that kiddo.

Again, Batman is bigger than the "average guy" in the world of Begins. And clearly the supporting cast does not constitute the "average guy", junior.

If the cowl and the horns alone give him 2'' more + 1'' with the boots, that's 3'' more. Now, if you say he looks "about as big as Neeson", who is 6'4'', it means that he's almost 6'4'' too. Almost 6'4'' - 3'' equals almost 6'1'', which means he's about 6'1/2''. Yeah...

I just checked a couple of pics and it seems like his boots aren't as thick soled as you might have hoped for, not at least to the length that would make him look an inch taller. Seems like you'll have to give Bale that extra inch or so. Makes him around 6'2. See, that wasn't so hard now, was it?

According to most of the sites I've checked, Morgan Freeman is between 6'2'' and 6'2 1/2'', no more. Now look at him in all the pics you presented ( especially the 4th one ) and in all of them, it's obivious that like a certain amount of people, his head is slighly foward ( slight curve in spine ), which makes him look shorter than he actually is. Now, even with that being said, when you compare him to Christian Bale, he clearly is taller than him. This means that he's less that 6'2''.

Why don't you compare Freeman's height with Neeson's who you have admitted is 6'4? Like you said, Freeman's head is slightly bent forward or to the side and even then, his height seems pretty close to Neeson's, who is a 6'4. Now imagine Freeman standing upright alongside Neeson and he would appear to be slightly taller, with his height appearing to be even more closer to Neeson's. Besides, Michael Caine is almost unanimously listed as 6'2 everywhere and Bale clearly seems just as tall as him, and Freeman being noticeably being taller than them both.

42787dcfb3a7e.jpg

Morgan Freeman, being taller than Christian Bale, once again...

Yeah, that zelluloid.de logo sure as hell convinced me. :rolleyes:

1.jpg

Christian and Matthew... both being 6'0''.

This is so pointless and pathetic. That's not a full pic. We can't see whether Bale is standing on a slightly lower surface or if Mathew is standing only a slightly elevated one, nor can we see the posture of their legs.

While the pics are I posted shows all the actors standing upright, side by side which makes for a much better comparison. With the numerous profiles of Bale's height being 6'2 that I posted and now clear as day pics of him standing right beside Michael Caine who is himself the very same height, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish by your futile attempts at trying to prove Bale is shorter than that. It reeks of desperation.

Here you go bobby:

Not looking good now, skippy.

Yeah, he's not 6'2'' for sure... bub.

Try again, bub.

... because height is constant ( at least at this point ), but his weight was constantly changing for his role, hence his approximations.

But he doesn't seem to be too concerned about getting his height EXACTLY right. Hence why he says "foot" instead of "feet". Like I said before again and again and again, the man seems to be talking casually about his physique and you immediately take it as Bible.

Never thought it would be so hard for someone to read so few words... I clearly said "attempt".

There was no "attempt" at an insult there, chucky, at least not by me. Which brings me to yet another question...why exactly would you think that as an "attempt" at an insult, unless of course, you did find it insulting or at least got the impression that I was trying to insult you when I wasn't?

... and questionning my intelligence could be seen as one, especially when it's not an issue.

It was clearly meant to be side-joke, hence why I put it in white text. If I wanted to "question" your intelligence, I wouldn't even attempt it. I would have outright called you a jackass and a moron then and there.

I see those pics and I don't see same heights... open your eyes.

Here, I'll make it easier for you:

Michael Caine = 6'2, as widely reported.

Since those pics show Michael Caine = Christian Bale, hence by logical conclusion, Christian Bale = 6'2. And just for the sake of rechecking and confirming your answer, you can go to the half a dozen plus sources I've listed in my earlier posts.

Of course it's not "exact", because Dr. Phaser said so, right?
I've seen the pics and the profiles and I don't see the same thing, so...

Well, then I must regretfully say that little Alfie Luke is doomed for failure in his next geometry class.

Man... and they said I was nitpicky just because I wanted a suit that was a bit more gray than black ;)

BatScot said:
Man... and they said I was nitpicky just because I wanted a suit that was a bit more gray than black ;)

Away with you, heathen!! :mad:

;)

I wonder what 6'2 Muscular built 215 - 225 pound actor would have done been a better Bruce Wayne/Batman than Christian Bale?

Could you imagine Nolan telling Bale, "Christian, we love you and we think you are perfect for the role, but you see, You're only 6'0 tall and Bruce Wayne is suppose to be 6'2". I'm sorry, truly."

But how about the role of the Joker in the sequel?

If Bale is only 6' tall, then I gladly give up the other two inches. Two inches only matters that much if you've only got two inches to start with....

HarleenQuinzel said:
So by calling Christian Bale a "*****ebag" you really think he's (this is from wikipedia):

Someone who is annoying, bossy or embarrassing.
Someone who is stupid, intellectually challenged or mentally deranged but less than clinically insane.
Someone who is unintelligently lying or scamming.
Someone who is arrogant, elitist or snobby.
Someone who is socially inept.

Yeah, that describes Chirstian Bale PERFECTLY.:down :down

Pathetic.

Hmm... well, sometimes, and just SOMETIMES... Bale comes across as just a TAD bit self-important to me.

No complaints regarding his Bruce Wayne or Batman, please no one hurt me.

And where exactly did you get that "1%" figure from? And besides, that still doesn't prove that they are reliable source of information, especially when their info conflicts what is reported by at least a dozen other sites.

It's a number I just threw out there, based on the 2 examples you gave me... calm down kiddo.
IMDb is a database that is being constantly improved by people, it's normal that they make mistakes at some point, doesn't mean they'll always keep it that way.

We can discredit them when there are other sources out there that say otherwise.

There's a difference between discrediting a site and finding a mistake, if there's one.

I "respect" your right to have an opinion, not your opinion itself, because quite frankly, as you put it in your own words, I find your reasoning faulty and ridiculous.

That's like saying you respect the fact that I have a father, but you don't respect my father... because you happen to dissagree with him, nice going billy. Plus, what exactly about my opinion is "faulty"? I'd like a taller Batman, because I think it fits the character better in my eyes and he's often portrayed that way... yeah, that's just ridiculous! [/Sarcasm]

But is the actor playing Alfred 6'6? What exactly is the point of arguing on such exaggerated assumptions?

How can you not get this?
You clearly said that it didn't make a difference to you what height Alfred was in the movie... if that's really the case, you probably wouldn't mind if he was 6'6'' right?

The only ones who are taller than they're supposed to is Ra's, Alfred and Fox. And they're not so tall as they completely dwarf Bruce Wayne. They just seem a little bit taller. It's somewhat acceptable for Ra's to be a but taller because he plays Bruce's mentor, is the main villain and because of Neeson's jackpot performance. Fox? He was never as significant a character (neither in the film nor in the comics), so it's not that big of a problem. As for Alfred, well he is just as tall as Bruce so again I don't take that big an issue with it. At least not as big as indulge myself into a lengthy debate for it.

Although they represent a 'minority' of the population, they are the most important persons in the movie and thus, have a direct impact on the main character, which happens to be Christian Bale, as Batman. Plus, to your information it takes at least 2 people for a debate to occur, so if you don't see the point of making one about those issues, remember that you're part of the problem... so if you're not happy, you're welcome to leave.

There was a sense of proportion. Batman obviously seemed bigger than the Ra's ninjas as well as Crane's and Falcone's thugs. He seemed a bit taller than Gordon in the end as well. Batman was taller than the "average man" in Begins. Unless of course, in your view, a handful of characters like Fox, Ra's and Alfred constitute the "average man".

You see, in your previous quote ( in this post ), you claimed that part of the reason why it was okay for Ra's to be taller was because he's "Bruce's mentor and the main villain", well I just happen to have the same point of view, but with the main hero. According to you, the role of the person in the story has an impact on it's representation... which is what I've been saying. Either your comment is as ridiculous as mine or I'm right, bobby.

But Bale had the right height without the suit. The suit only makes him appear a bit taller and bigger than he already is.

That's not what you said... here it is:

You see, you clearly said that only after the added height that the suit provides, would he be the "perfect Batman", not before. Please, at least make the effort to remember what you say, for the sake of the discussion.

Again, Batman is bigger than the "average guy" in the world of Begins. And clearly the supporting cast does not constitute the "average guy", junior.

Like I said, they all have important roles... and whether you like it or not, he'll be compared to them, when it comes to height. Batman being the central character of the movie, it's only fair to have him stand out.

I just checked a couple of pics and it seems like his boots aren't as thick soled as you might have hoped for, not at least to the length that would make him look an inch taller. Seems like you'll have to give Bale that extra inch or so. Makes him around 6'2. See, that wasn't so hard now, was it?

I didn't "hope" his boots would be thick... you're the one that said that. You talked about the "added inch or two" that his suit would add. I initially thought that you were reffering to his boots, as having pointy ears doesn't really make someone look "taller". Plus, you're comment about him being almost as tall as Ra's might be too subjective until further proof... sorry bud.

Why don't you compare Freeman's height with Neeson's who you have admitted is 6'4? Like you said, Freeman's head is slightly bent forward or to the side and even then, his height seems pretty close to Neeson's, who is a 6'4. Now imagine Freeman standing upright alongside Neeson and he would appear to be slightly taller, with his height appearing to be even more closer to Neeson's. Besides, Michael Caine is almost unanimously listed as 6'2 everywhere and Bale clearly seems just as tall as him, and Freeman being noticeably being taller than them both.

The thing is, now that you mention the boots, it might end up being a bigger issue than you think... there's so many types of shoes that even with your pic of the group, it would still be pretty hard to say distinctively who's taller than who. You discredit my pics because we don't really see how they are standing or on what... in your pics, we don't see what kind of shoes or boots they are wearing, which could end up addind a few inches. It's not more far fetched than your theory.

While the pics are I posted shows all the actors standing upright, side by side which makes for a much better comparison. With the numerous profiles of Bale's height being 6'2 that I posted and now clear as day pics of him standing right beside Michael Caine who is himself the very same height, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish by your futile attempts at trying to prove Bale is shorter than that. It reeks of desperation.

Please, if anything you're as "desperate" as I am...
We're both in the same boat, quit your crying or simply jump out, jacky boy.

Not looking good now, skippy.

I beg to differ.

Try again, bub.

Done once more, kid.

But he doesn't seem to be too concerned about getting his height EXACTLY right. Hence why he says "foot" instead of "feet". Like I said before again and again and again, the man seems to be talking casually about his physique and you immediately take it as Bible.

The only thing you base your interpretation on is the fact that it's written 'foot' and not 'feet', which could've been during the transcription. It's a pretty weak argument... trying to discredit his own quote based on the fact that you "feel" like he doesn't look too "concerned", peh-lease.

There was no "attempt" at an insult there, chucky, at least not by me. Which brings me to yet another question...why exactly would you think that as an "attempt" at an insult, unless of course, you did find it insulting or at least got the impression that I was trying to insult you when I wasn't?

How could it not feel like at least an "attempt"? You questionning my intelligence when it was, at no point in the discussion, never an issue reaks of desperation... and the fact that you would hide the text is even more pathetic.

It was clearly meant to be side-joke, hence why I put it in white text. If I wanted to "question" your intelligence, I wouldn't even attempt it. I would have outright called you a jackass and a moron then and there.

If you called me a jackass or a moron, you wouldn't "question" my intelligence, you would already have made up your mind about it.

Since those pics show Michael Caine = Christian Bale, hence by logical conclusion, Christian Bale = 6'2. And just for the sake of rechecking and confirming your answer, you can go to the half a dozen plus sources I've listed in my earlier posts.

Even celebrity heights says he's not 6'2'', so...

Well, then I must regretfully say that little Alfie Luke is doomed for failure in his next geometry class.

Sorry, I've already finished those... but nice try there cap'tain.

The Internet Movie Database, I think it has plenty of credibility.
You should check it out sometime...

I ask again.....since when does IMDB have credibility..........?

Like I said earlier, there are different kinds of 'fantasy'. When you look at the Batman comics and cartoons, you can see plenty of stuff that isn't 'realistic', but the world of Batman has ( how should I put this ) wider boundaries of reality, which allows it to present fantasy oriented material, while keeping it in the realm of possibility for that particular world.

Yeah, and Batman Begins played it nicely.

I'm not expecting a 100 % comic-to-movie transposition, far from it. It's based on personal interpretation of the characters and the world around them. Batman has consistantly been portrayed as average in height and I'd like to see otherwise, for once.

Here ya on that, but I think the "average" (althought 6'1-6'1 is above) makes more sense. The guy NEEDS to dress up to create intimidation.

Hence my rectification to 6'5'', no less.

6'5 is still too tall in my book. Superman is like 6'3-6'4....and it works for me b/c he's a powerhouse. Batman has to be more leaner.....and being so tall can push it. Average height for guys is about 5'10....so theoretically, Batman would have to lower his body to get his hits in effectively to get in fighting stance.

Of course, he could go for the powerhouse angle and just toss them and not fight them..........maybe something like Keaton only less kicking.

Batman has had a lot of martial arts training and he's a really intelligent man that knows what he's doing. Being 6'5'' wouldn't really be a dissadvantage to being 6'2'' for him, as he uses his surroundings to his advantage. Plus, even if being 6'2'' was the "best height" according to you, the fact still remains that Christian Bale is only 6'.

Fact? Why....b/c IMDB....?

I never said that. As I stated earlier, I said that they decided to give him a bulletproof armor because he wasn't able to dodge bullets in the first place, I never emplied that he wasn't even going to try, due to the armor. Plus, if you're able to shoot a 6'5'' guy, you're able to shoot a 6'2'' guy, come on now.

No, there's a difference.....especially if you want a muscled Batman. Batman would have to be atleast 30 to 40 pounds heavier to match with the muscles at 6'2. Meaning, he'd be bulkier....bigger, not just taller. But, a much larger target. It'd be twice as hard to sneak around with all that mass and could lose the "surprise" factor.

Obviously, I think both of our thoughts on Batman are vastly different. I think Batman wants to be more like a shadow to his adversaviers. Like an animal that sneaks around and gets you quick. He's portrayed as so in BEGINS, what with the disappering acts. You seem to feel that Batman wants to be more like an animal in the sense of a beast, literally ontop of you. Both are different and do lead to different styles. But, correct me if I'm worng on that.

The thing is, in Batman Begins Alfred not only is taller than Batman, he's also quite big... which doesn't really help. Most, if not all interpretations of Alfred that I have seen, there is always a big difference in size between Bruce and Alfred and when I say 'size', it doesn't only involve height but also body structure, wideness, etc. Still, once again I wouldn't sacrifice talent for physique, but in my mind, it takes away from the character...

Alfred wasn't taller than Bruce in the film though.

Come on now, he's always been pretty big... not "the big guy", but more like a large, muscular man. I'm not trying to emply he's body builder big, but he is a physically imposing man. In my eyes, he should almost NEVER have to look up to anyone, which he does in Batman Begins.

He does in the comics. But, it varies....artists are different and some are bad at proportions.

Ra's and Lucius...that's like the only ones he looks up to.

^ Eh... no, he's 6'. Here's a quote by him about his weight loss for The Machinist

That's b/c he doesn't give a crap.

Yes, I think it's sort of like law of the land or something. Batman is damn near always drawn an inch or more shorter than Supes.

Agreed. He's got the size and meets the criteria. I might feel differently if he didn't......but it's hard to blame the guy for being the same body size as the character is in the comics.

Bale was a perfect Wayne and looked like a great Batman. But i still felt something was missing. I cant point my finger at it. Anyone else cringe at the scene where Bats enter the cell and says "scuse me"?

No, it's actually something I think would come out of the comics or even the BTAS.

From what's out there.......Bale is 6'2. Caine is 6'2. Freeman is 6'2. Neeson is 6'2. Oldman is 6'0. Those pics seem to support that.

Alfie Luke said:
It's a number I just threw out there, based on the 2 examples you gave me... calm down kiddo.
IMDb is a database that is being constantly improved by people, it's normal that they make mistakes at some point, doesn't mean they'll always keep it that way.

Yes, because IMDB is a database that is constantly contributed by people and despite the fact that they could be TRYING to improve, there are far too many examples where they have posted inaccurate information without checking up on it. That's what makes it credibility questionable, especially in this particular case, where I have already posted numerous sources that discredit the information listed on IMDB.

There's a difference between discrediting a site and finding a mistake, if there's one.

I'm not discrediting IMDB completely. Sure they have accurate info. But they are much more prone to posting inaccurate info even moreso than many other sites. That's why information from IMDB can't be held up to scrutiny in an argument.

That's like saying you respect the fact that I have a father, but you don't respect my father... because you happen to dissagree with him, nice going billy.

If that's the way you're going to take it, fine. Besides, if your father is anything like you, I don't see why I'd want to respect him anyway.

People don't have to "respect" each other's opinions. Otherwise no one would have the right to criticize the views of radicals and extremists.

Plus, what exactly about my opinion is "faulty"? I'd like a taller Batman, because I think it fits the character better in my eyes and he's often portrayed that way... yeah, that's just ridiculous! [/Sarcasm]

Here's what's wrong with your logic:

1. You seem to take into account only the instances where the character has been portrayed as a big, hulking menace, yet seemingly discount those where he hasn't, despite the fact that they are just as many in number.

2. You seem to have an issue with something extremely trivial. It's still understandable if you were to complain that his height isn't according to his comics profile, which is 6'2. No, you want it to be a lot more than that. You're giving your own personal preferences such importance that you deem it worthy of as long and pointless a debate as this, regardless of the fact that you don't have any solid, hard facts to back your opinion.

How can you not get this?
You clearly said that it didn't make a difference to you what height Alfred was in the movie... if that's really the case, you probably wouldn't mind if he was 6'6'' right?

If Alfred was 6'6, then I would have wanted Bruce Wayne to be at least as tall as he is. Which he is in Begins.

Although they represent a 'minority' of the population, they are the most important persons in the movie and thus, have a direct impact on the main character, which happens to be Christian Bale, as Batman.

That's just plain contradiction. First, you said you wanted a Batman that should be taller than the average man in his universe. I showed you that he is. Now you're ignoring what you said and jumping off on an other tangent entirely. Nice going, chump.

Plus, to your information it takes at least 2 people for a debate to occur, so if you don't see the point of making one about those issues, remember that you're part of the problem... so if you're not happy, you're welcome to leave.

I can say the exact same thing to you. In fact, I'm in an even better position to tell you that, since I've argued my point backed by a number of different sources, while yours is mostly based on your own personal preferences.

You see, in your previous quote ( in this post ), you claimed that part of the reason why it was okay for Ra's to be taller was because he's "Bruce's mentor and the main villain", well I just happen to have the same point of view, but with the main hero. According to you, the role of the person in the story has an impact on it's representation... which is what I've been saying.

No, what I said was it was because of Neeson's role and performance that I didn't have a "problem" with him being taller than Bale. As in I'm trying to ague how it CAN be acceptable for someone who does complain about it, because of the above factors. Not once did I imply that a person's height has any impact or bearing on his role in the story. It's the performance, and only the performance that ultimately counts when all is said and done. That's why so many people still love Keaton today.

Either your comment is as ridiculous as mine or I'm right, bobby.

Or you simply failed to grasp the meaning behind my words, little toddler.

That's not what you said... here it is:

You see, you clearly said that only after the added height that the suit provides, would he be the "perfect Batman", not before. Please, at least make the effort to remember what you say, for the sake of the discussion.

I said he was "at least 6'1". Not once in that part of my post did I actually imply that it was his accurate height. And the reason why I mentioned the part about the suit eventually making him look bigger than he is anyway because at the time of Bale's casting, there were a handful of sources that reported that Bale was 6'0 or 6'1 and a couple of anal retentive posters like you who made a big deal out of it, and that's how we got them to shut up.

Don't try to judge something you know nothing of, skippy. It'll only make you look bad. Again.

Like I said, they all have important roles... and whether you like it or not, he'll be compared to them, when it comes to height. Batman being the central character of the movie, it's only fair to have him stand out.

Any given actor in any given film "stands out" primarily because of his performance and not his appearance. Just like how Cruise was obviously shorter than Foxx in Collateral but still managed to put on a hell of show.

I didn't "hope" his boots would be thick... you're the one that said that.

I said "if he's wearing thick soled boots". I simply presented it as a possibility.

You talked about the "added inch or two" that his suit would add. I initially thought that you were reffering to his boots, as having pointy ears doesn't really make someone look "taller".

Yes it does. The whole suit makes him look noticeably bigger and bulkier, and the horns and the cowl only amplifies and adds to the illusion of him appearing taller than he is.

Plus, you're comment about him being almost as tall as Ra's might be too subjective until further proof... sorry bud.

Watch the film. I'm tired spoonfeeding you with pics.

The thing is, now that you mention the boots, it might end up being a bigger issue than you think... there's so many types of shoes that even with your pic of the group, it would still be pretty hard to say distinctively who's taller than who.

There are only certain kinds of shoes that people wear with suits. And none of them are as thick-soled as to immediately give a 2 (or even a single) inch boost to the wearer. Heck, even the most thick soled Caterpillar shoes are barely 1.5 inches thick, after you take feet positioning into account, and it's absurd to think that Bale is wearing that kind of shoes with his suit (because nobody does).

You discredit my pics because we don't really see how they are standing or on what... in your pics, we don't see what kind of shoes or boots they are wearing, which could end up addind a few inches. It's not more far fetched than your theory.

Just in case you don't pull yet ANOTHER "Alfie Luke", here's two more pics, where you can clearly see both Caine and Bale, clearly 6'2, standing on even ground, legs and shoes very much visible:

Premierenbild_18jpeg_700x456.jpg

Premierenbild_19jpeg_700x456.jpg

Couple these pics and the other pics I posted with the profiles that list both Caine and Bale as 6'2 and your argument of Bale being any shorter is pretty much dead.

Please, if anything you're as "desperate" as I am...
We're both in the same boat, quit your crying or simply jump out, jacky boy.

I see that you avoided addressing the actual argument there and only responded with a juvenile witty comeback. Thanks again for proving my point.

I beg to differ.

Which is all you can do, anyway.

Done once more, kid.

Thereby leaving me with no doubt you're either blind, senile or in complete denial. That river in Egypt is starting to look real good right about now, eh junior?

The only thing you base your interpretation on is the fact that it's written 'foot' and not 'feet', which could've been during the transcription. It's a pretty weak argument... trying to discredit his own quote based on the fact that you "feel" like he doesn't look too "concerned", peh-lease.

Looking at the pics and the profiles I've posted, it's very much obvious Bale was speaking in a casual manner. I'm not discrediting the guy. I'm only saying he was speaking of his height in loose terms and not in exact values. Why's that so hard to understand? Or are you afraid of losing that final straw you so desperately seem to hanging onto?

How could it not feel like at least an "attempt"? You questionning my intelligence when it was, at no point in the discussion, never an issue reaks of desperation... and the fact that you would hide the text is even more pathetic.

Like I said sweetie, it was a simple joke. The white text would have been inevitably visible once you quoted my post, so there was no point in "hiding it" when you were clearly meant to see it, and see you did. What I didn't anticipate, was you getting your panties in a bunch like that all over it. Jeez, ease down there, babe.

If you called me a jackass or a moron, you wouldn't "question" my intelligence, you would already have made up your mind about it.

I'm aggressively confrontational. I don't "question" people's intelligence. I outright smack them with a condescending and insulting remark should I even get at least a hint of a lack of intelligence. I don't know why I'm so tolerant with you though. Must be because you're not some Johnny-come-lately newbie and seemed alright at first.

Or perhaps you're right. Guess I should make up my mind about that now.

Even celebrity heights says he's not 6'2'', so...

Then celebrity heights is wrong. Because a picture is worth a thousand words and the pics I attached with this post clearly seal the deal. Bale is 6'2.

Sorry, I've already finished those... but nice try there cap'tain.

Marks given out of pity don't apply, son.

The heck? Whats going on here? Whats with all this size issue? It feels like the SR boards debates all over again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"