APP: Springfield - The official Simpsons RPG

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Lord.

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: Facebook

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: Anybody that may be interested

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: It'll be a mix of the "traditional" RPGs we play here.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

Welcome to Springfield! Town of prosperity, where the three-eyed fish are biting and all the cute girls aren't your cousins (unlike those idiots from Shelbyville!) Come and see the sites of this beautiful town. The Nuclear Power Plant, the tire fire, old man Simpson running around in his underwear. Yes, Springfield has it all. Come and see the down home folks of this town, like the deranged bar owner Moe, Machiavellian power plant owner Montgomery Burns, and the always loveable Fat Tony and his band of goombas.

Springfield is the town of progress, and great place to live! A place where nothing can possiblie go wrong.....I meant "possibly go wrong." That's the first thing that's went wrong...

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): Simpsons. RPG. Adventure.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: Springfield

Example Of Characters Application:

Springfield Resident Exam

Character you wish to play:

Character history:

What do you plan on doing in Springfield as your character?:

How often do you plan on posting:

This was originally Byrd Man's idea but since doesn't seem interested now i wanted to revive it, this time controled by me.
Also, the simpsons have a lot of story possibilities and like the show each story can be self contained.

Dude, no offense, but I think you need to give up trying to get a new game started. I don't want to be a dick or anything, but it's obvious that we need people playing in the already established games before we go into the side games like this.

Each of the 4/5 main games has a dedicated group keeping them alive, waiting for new players. Why not try out one of them and wait till activity picks up here before trying to start a game?

i tried before, and now all of the RPGs have quite too much back story, marvel is in season 2, i tried to read season 1 but i couldn't read more than 10 000 posts worth of story, dc is in season 2 too, even the horror rpg probably had twists in the plot already.
These RPGs are simple impenetrable, in least with the simpsons you wouldn't exactly have trouble with back story because there are just too many stories and ways to tell them, fans can create their stories and with many becoming tired of the show can create stories and jokes in the style of their favourite seasons.

Well, how about asking somebody? A lot of **** has gone on, that's for sure, but it never hurts to ask about the basics. No RPG is "impenetrable" if you try hard enough and put up an actual effort to join.

I tried for marvel, i asked for the punisher character, instead of knowing what happened with him i was asked to read all his stories, hundreds of posts, i read some 1/4 of season 1, i couldn't, it becomes impenetrable when you have no idea of what happened and to be part of the rpg you have to read more than 1000 posts.

Then you use the search function and use keywords. That takes those 1,000 posts and narrows them down to maybe a dozen.

i tried before, and now all of the RPGs have quite too much back story, marvel is in season 2, i tried to read season 1 but i couldn't read more than 10 000 posts worth of story, dc is in season 2 too, even the horror rpg probably had twists in the plot already.

You gotta ask for help. We can be a bunch of a-holes here from time to time, but if someone seriously puts out the effort and shows they want to participate, they'll definitely be welcomed.

I mean, I was a newbie here once upon a time and the guys who were veterans at the time are basically the same guys today. It was a bit of a daunting task, but if you show you're committed people are going to cut you slack.

And if you're looking for a game with limited backstory, check out the one in my signiture.

Then you use the search function and use keywords. That takes those 1,000 posts and narrows them down to maybe a dozen.

This. Really check out the Search feature. it's a god send.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"