Application: Alien versus Predator RPG

Andy C.

Repent, Harlequin!
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master:

Andy C.

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?:

I'm on AIM as StopAudacity716

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen:

Aside from myself as GM, none yet. I'd more than welcome some AGMs if anyone's interested.

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?:

This is a season-based RPG, set in the universe of the Alien and Predator movies (more specifically, after Alien 3 but before Alien Resurrection). It draws primarily from the movies, and does not count the Extended Universe as canon (though it may occasionally pull from the Dark Horse comics). It will be run by one head GM (myself), and 2 AGMs (if anyone wants it)

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

It is the year 2204, and the human race all but belongs to the Company. The Weyland-Yutani Corporation has established influence over virtually every governmental, economic, and military function on dozens of worlds. While everyone is aware that the Company has been keeping secrets and violating human rights, no one has the will or the ability to confront them about it. No one, that is, except for the Colonial Marines.

After the disaster at the Hadley's Hope colony in 2179 (as seen in Aliens), the Marines demanded an investigation into the tragedy. Their requests were denied by the Company, and the entire matter was covered up. As a result, the Marines severed their relations with Weyland-Yutani, and established a resistance on several worlds.

Tensions between the Marines and the Company heightened after similar events occured months later on the planet Fiornia 161 (as seen in Alien 3). The sole survivor of the events released a book, Morse and the Dragon, describing some sort of extra-terrestrial monster that the Company wanted for their own purposes. The book was banned, but it continued to circulate among conspiracy theorists ever since.

With the Marines no longer lending aid, Weyland-Yutani instead began hiring mercenaries as enforcers of Company interest. Clashes between the merc factions and the Marines have escalated into full-blown warfare on several planets.

In the ensuing violence, strange and macabre stories begin to pass among the troops: stories of extra-terrestrial trophy hunters, slaughtering soldiers on all sides, skinning bodies and taking skulls. Though popular campfire stories, these tales of "Hunters" are rarely taken seriously.

As the Company and its private armies attempt to quell the "rebel" Marines and re-establish their grip on humanity, a distress signal has been picked up by a Colonial Marine ship. It has come from an uncharted planet far into Deep Space, and could hold clues to a secret that could bring down Weyland-Yutani once and for all...

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):

In the short-term, this RPG will provide a niche game for those who are fans of the AvP franchise. In the long-term, I hope to expand it into a much larger, more engrossing universe, and provide a sci-fi universe that doesn't fit into the typical Star Wars/Trek/whatever archetype.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose:

Alien vs Predator: Natural Selection

Example Of Characters Application:

The AvP: Natural Selection Character Application

Screenname:

Character You Would Like To Play:

Species:

Faction:

Class:

Character's Back-Story:

Weapons/Equipment:

Special Skills/Traits:

Three Reasons Why You Have Chosen That Character:

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character:

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG:

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? :

Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:

Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?:

I'll provide a detailed list of species, classes, factions, etc. if I get some feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"