Application: All-Comic Universe RPG Proposal

Kaboom

knock knock
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master:
Kaboom

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?:

AIM- Kaboom43
Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: none yet, but I'm sure I can find 1 or 2

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: season

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

This RPG will be pretty standard fare along the lines of the traditional hype RPG systems. What will be different about it is that it will be able to have any character that has existed in comic form. That way it will provide an outlet for somone who wants to be the Maxx or Sandman, or Grifter, a chance to play those characters without having to bend the rules in one of the universe specific rpgs-especially since those rules never get bent.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):

There are so many marvel/dc rpg variations, this one will let people use image, wildstorm, vertigo, darkhorse, malibu characters. It will provide a little different interactions than we're used to. I mean how often can we run through the origin of superman before it gets old. Plus, i really want an RPG where I can play as He-Man.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose:

ALL-Comic Universe RPG

Example Of Characters Application:
i'd just cut and copy the one from CAH.

here it is:

Screen Name:

Character you have created:
Alias:

Speech Color (actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not):

Character Alignment: Hero/Villain

Identity: Secret/Known

Character Personality(Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations):

Origin Info/Details:

Hero Type: (Select one)
Brick/Muscle
Elemental: (Select: Water, Wind, Earth)
Energy:(What kind of energy? Ex. Electricity, Fire)
Psychic
Speedster
Gray Matter(Super-smart characters)
Shape Shifter
Mystic(Spell casters/magic users)
Supernatural(Divine agents, Vampires, werewolves, Cosmic deities

Power Level (Select one below):

1. Street Level (Ex. Punisher, Daredevil)
2. City Level (Ex. Spider-man, Cyclops)
3. World Level (Ex. Flash, Superman)
4. Cosmic (Ex. Silver Surfer, Green Lantern)

NOTE: Having only one or two powers does not automatically make a character a level 2. The levels reflect how powerful the powers themselves are, not only the variety. A level 3 may be more powerful then a level 4. These levels serve to show where your powerful hero operates, as heroes this powerful may be cosmic wonderers or Earth-bound. Also, Game Masters will be wary of approving level 3 or 4 characters. An extremely well-thought out and great sample post will be needed to be approved for a high level character. Your post should be as powerful as your character.

Powers (Be Specific):

Attributes (Select one at each category:
Strength Level: Normal Human, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 tons. (Characters stronger then 100 tons fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 MPH. (Characters at 100 MPH or faster fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Normal Human, 2, 3, 4, 5 hours. (Characters at 5 hours or more fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Agility: Normal Human, 5X, 10X, 15X, or 20X Human level. (Characters at 20X or higher fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Intelligence: Average/Genius/Super-Genius (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Super-Genius the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Fighting Skill: Untrained/Trained/Mastered (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Mastered the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Resources: Minimal/Average/Large/Extreme (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Extreme the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

NOTE: Even if all attributes chosen are Normal human when Super-Genius, Mastered, and Extreme are chosen for the final three attributes, this player is a level 3 or 4 character, such as Batman.

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character):

Supporting Characters(Does your character have a significant other? A mother? Friend? Who are they, what do they have to do with your character?):

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:

Sample Origin Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):

Honestly? I see problems with this. I mean, the One Universe was hard enough to get off the ground. All of those universe combined? It would be damn near impossible. I mean, could you really see The Flaming Carrot, Rorschach, and The Authority all co-existing in the same universe?

Honestly? I see problems with this. I mean, the One Universe was hard enough to get off the ground. All of those universe combined? It would be damn near impossible. I mean, could you really see The Flaming Carrot, Rorschach, and The Authority all co-existing in the same universe?
dont know about the flaming carrot, but rorschach and the authority? heck yea.

But how? Jenny Sparks was a world renounds super powered adventurer since 1919, and yet in The Watchmen, Dr. Manhatten was the first superhuman in 1959. Don't work. To combine all of the continuties like that, it would require way more colaberation than possible in an RPG like this. You'd be better off making individual RPGs based on Wildstorm, America's Best Comics, Dark Horse, Image, and so on.

Kaboom, how would you merge all the different comic book histories into a one world model?

once the universe exists, we can use the application process for each newcharacter to fold it into the existing baseline universe.

or i could write a brief history of the universe, outlining major events, etc.

Y'know...you should've read through the CAH Application before posting it.

"Character you have created:"? If these are pre-established characters, we didn't create them now, did we? ;)

its just a sample ebj lol

Are we voting on this yet? If so I'm voting "nay", the One Universe covers this situation pretty much, and using the CAH application doesn't really add anything to it (taking the application from one of the other RPGs based around published characters would've been a better choice), and if you really want to play He-Man, why not start a Masters of the Universe RPG and just cut to the chase?

The only way I'd vote for this is for the chance to play Big-Head since he and Walter are the only characters in The Mask comics that are worth a damn, so creating an RPG for that franchise alone would suck.

The opportunity to wear the green insanity-inducing mask in an RPG aside, I'm with the other guys.

I'll have to say "no" too. It's very similar to the One Universe RPG, and an example of why RPGs should have to be approved before being set up. To prevent forum saturation, and an overlapping of similar ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"