Create a Hero IV

Screen Name: NiteMare Shape

Character you have created: Scott Morse
Alias: Icon

Speech Color:
Blue Veranda

Character Alignment: Hero
Identity: Secret to the public

Character Personality: Before his death, Icon was known the world over as a force for good, having done everything in his power to do what is right for the people of Earth. He believed in the inherent goodness of people, even when they let him down. He never gave up the belief that there is always a better way. He was fiercley to his friends and allies and was always willing to go the extra mile for anyone.

Origin Info/Details: Scott Morse may seem like a normal guy, but he is anything but. Everything about him is a lie, his parents, his older brother as well as his younger sister. None of it is real. Although they raised him as their son, he isn't. In fact, he isn't even really human. Scott was the result of a secret experiment by an even more secret government agency that mixed alien DNA with that of a human. While he was a baby; he was cared for by a woman named Barbara Hill, who was a member of the top secret government agency. What the objective of this experiment was is unknown. While going about her daily tasks at the project, Dr. Hill learned that the program had been terminated, all evidence was to be destroyed, and the baby known only then as SKT-17 (she affectionately called him "Scott") was to be eliminated. Having recently lost her own child due to the actions of a drunk driver who also claimed the life of Dr. Hill's husband, she could not stand the thought that this child who she began to see as her own, could be killed. She stole the child from the laboratory which created him, and fled to the north. She gave the child to a trusted friend, Jacob Morse and his young bride Elizabeth. Soon after, Dr. Hill was tracked down by agents of the government unit and killed. Jacob and Elizabeth took the young baby, and continued calling him Scott as they felt that there would be no need to change his name, seeing as that is what Dr. Hill had called him his whole life.

Scott was raised by the Morse's as one of their own children. He always knew that he was different, that he had these abilities, but he never understood why. As his powers developed throughout his childhood, he became increasingly confused and angry. This was a cause for concern for his parents, because they never understood exactly why their son was this way. Eventually he learned to deal with his gifts. At first he used his gifts for selfish reasons, often profiting from using them dishonestly (mostly in athletic bets). However, after an incident which left his brother crippled, he began using his abilities to help people. He went on to Lost Haven University graduating with a dual degree in history and education, and went on to be one of the more popular teachers at Lost Haven's Sherman High School. It was soon after his arrival in Lost Haven that he would take up the mantle of Icon, and would become one of the world's greatest heroes. After Thwarting an alien invasion along side a ragtag group of heroes, he would form the Superhero team known as The Guardians. However, the public's trust of the new team faltered with the help of the government organization known as S.T.R.I.K.E and its director, Alexander Anderson, who had staged several "meta human attacks" across the city, which led in the director consolidating his power. Eventually,
the director was taken down by Isaac Fontaine, aka The Vigilante, but not before he had released his failsafe upon the city, a genetically engineered monster known as Endgame. Icon was able to stop the beast after a long battle that destroyed entire blocks of the city, causing billions of dollars in damage and cost the lives of dozens of citizens. However, his victory came at a price, as Icon himself died soon after due to injuries that he sustained in the battle.

Hero Type:
Muscle

Power Level :
World Level

Powers: Flight, near invulnerability, super strength, super speed, able to fire "hot" kinetic blasts from his hands, and an almost radar sense that allows him to focus in on people in distress, enhanced hearing, and the ability to fire focused energy beams of varying degrees from his eyes (optic blasts).

Attributes :

Strength Level: 100 tons

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 100 MPH, or faster in flight

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 4 hours
Agility: 10X Human level.

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Untrained

Resources: Average

Weaknesses : While nearly invulnerable, will succumb to enough punishment. Does get overconfident in his abilities. Is susceptible to mind control

Supporting Characters:
Jacob Morse-Father
Elizabeth Morse-Mother
Jennifer Morse-Little Sister (deceased)
Brandon Morse-Older Brother
Lisa Thomas-Former girlfriend (deceased)
Eric Dean-Friend
Keira Parker-girlfriend
Amber Tobin- friend
various patrons, police, criminals and allies all will be described when used

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:
iconredesign1pw7.png
yes

Sample Post

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Icon lay on the pavement as Endgame hovered above the city. The creature closed his eyes and concentrated, and in a matter of moments the sky behind him began to twist and churn. Endgame focused his energies and something that could only be described as a tear in the very fabric of reality opened behind him. The tear began to extend and take form, looking more and more like a large wormhole in the sky. The sky continued churning as a massive amount of lightening like energy began pouring from the hole.

Icon forced himself to his feet and was about to go after Endgame when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned and found himself looking into the eyes of Starlight, who was joined by Michael, Flux and Piston. There was no mistaking the looks on their faces...Icon had gone through hell to stop Endgame, and up to that point he had been unsuccessful.

"Get out of my way." Icon said to his friends as he looked up to the sky where Endgame continued to conjure his hellish maelstrom.

"You've done you're part Icon, let us handle the rest." Piston said.

"You need to rest, we can finish this." Michael urged him.

"No, I have to see this through. Kayla...if anything happens to me...make sure you tell Keira that I love her." He said clutching his stomach, noting the fear in Starlight's eyes as she say the blood pouring from the wound.

"I will." She said in little more than a whisper.

With that Icon took to the skies racing toward Endgame. He dug down deep and unleashed another barrage of a sustained optic blast, hammering the creature with everything that he had. As Icon pressed his attack, Endgame roared in anger and frustration even as he returned fire with an optic blast of his own.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Why won't you die?" Endgame cried as Icon closed in on him.

As Icon approached Endgame, the energy from within the wormhole extended outward, enveloping Icon, each bolt assaulting him with the power of ten lightening strikes. Yet still he pushed toward the creature responsible for so much destruction. Icon continued assaulting the creature with an optic blast as he got into arm's length of him. Endgame swung wildly, but Icon drove both his fists into the creature's chest knocking him backward. Endgame let out a gutteral growl as the suction of the wormhole began pulling at him, drawing him closer to oblivion.

"You've caused so much death and destruction, and for what?" Icon shouts, his voice barely audible over the maelstrom.

"I'm drawing the line right now, this ends now Endgame! I'm putting an end to you here and now!" He said as he hammered Endgame with a thunderous right hand that sent the creature through the wormhole. There was a massive blast of energy from within the rift, and then it collapsed in on itself.

With the wormhole closed, Icon finally had no more to give. He closed his eyes and began to fall back toward the earth. As he fell, a million things ran through his mind. He thought of his friends, particularly Eric and how over the years he had kept the secret of his dual identity. He thought about Keira, and how since Lisa died during the invasion, she had kept him grounded...and more importantly he thought of how much he had grown to love her.

He thought of his family, and how they had stood by him even though he had made mistakes along the way. He thought of his sister Jenny, and how much he missed her...and he thought of his brother Brandon, and how the rift between them had bothered him for so long...and he regretted that he had never been able to put things right between them.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]***

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starlight and the others watched in horror as they watched Icon fall from the sky. Starlight had expected him to alter his course and soar over the city like he has done so many times, but he did not. Instead, he continued falling until he crash landed the length of several football fields away. They raced over to where he landed, and found him laying unnaturally still inside of the massive crater that had been created upon impact. Starlight looked down at the man who had become her friend in total shock. She never thought that she would see the day when he looked so vulnerable.

She raced to his side, and kneeling beside him she cradled his head in her arms. As she held him, she was shocked by the amount of blood that he had lost. His shredded blue and sliver costume had turned crimson due to the blood that was oozing from his stomach wound.

[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Oh Scott..." She started, unable to finish her thought.

"I...I did it. I stopped him." Icon said weakly, barely more than a whisper.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"You did, you did good Scott." She said as the tears streamed down her face.

As he lay cradled in her arms, he took a pair of deep breaths and then his body finally gave in to succumbed to his injuries. His head rolled back slightly and then his body relaxed.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Scott? Scott? Oh Scott, please don't leave us." She cried as the others stood sol[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]emnly behind her.

None of them had ever thought that anything bad could really happen to him, he was their leader, their friend. But above all, he was Icon, the best among them. But now he was gone, cut down while protecting not only the city that he loved, but the entire world. If there was one thing that they knew, it was that with his passing, they did not know what would come next, but they knew that nothing would ever be the same.

Six Months Later....

[/FONT]
Like a gust of wind, Blackwind appeared behind his followers as they stood before the open casket. A cold chill washed over the tomb announcing his presence as he stepped toward the casket.

"Is everything ready?" He asks as he looks into the casket, an evil smirk crossing his face.

"It is my lord."

"Ironic, isn't it?"

"What is that, Lord?"

"For years, he fought against me, doing everything he could to keep me confined in my prison, and now...it is because of him that I am able finally return to this world and reshape it I see fit."

With that, Blackwind reached into the casket, touching the corpse and was immediately hit with an erruption of light that emminated from inside the casket. Soon, he was engulfed in a raging torrent of wind and flame which seemed to fill the entire tomb, yet burned no one. It was a sight like none other, for even the man known as Forsaken seemed shaken by what was transpiring, and truth be told might have even felt the slightest tinge of panic had his cybernetic soul allowed it.

When the wind and flame died down, they stood before Him...their dark lord made flesh. He was hunched over slightly as his senses cleared. As he felt the cold stone beneath his feet, he stood up straight, and took his first steps on this earth in millenia.

"Finally...I am free." He said, his voice rumbling in his chest.

"I told you My Lord, we would not fail you."

"Indeed you did, and soon...you will stand at my side as we bring this pitiful world into a golden age...but first, I must rest. Escaping that infernal prison has made me weak. When I am at full strength, we shall take this planet as our own...and anyone who would dare oppose us will be ground to dust beneath or heels."

As Blackwind and his followers left Icon's tomb, they they did not notice the tiniest movement coming from within the casket, the twitch of a finger, or the subtle movement of the fallen hero's chest as air once again raced into his lungs.

Going to try and get a post in tonight. Had a very rough day, sat down to write earlier but real life kinda said "not today mother *****er"

And yeah, I did that....

Create a Hero IV

Screen Name: NiteMare Shape

Character you have created: Scott Morse
Alias: Icon

Speech Color:
Blue Veranda

Character Alignment: Hero
Identity: Secret to the public

Character Personality: Before his death, Icon was known the world over as a force for good, having done everything in his power to do what is right for the people of Earth. He believed in the inherent goodness of people, even when they let him down. He never gave up the belief that there is always a better way. He was fiercley to his friends and allies and was always willing to go the extra mile for anyone.

Origin Info/Details: Scott Morse may seem like a normal guy, but he is anything but. Everything about him is a lie, his parents, his older brother as well as his younger sister. None of it is real. Although they raised him as their son, he isn't. In fact, he isn't even really human. Scott was the result of a secret experiment by an even more secret government agency that mixed alien DNA with that of a human. While he was a baby; he was cared for by a woman named Barbara Hill, who was a member of the top secret government agency. What the objective of this experiment was is unknown. While going about her daily tasks at the project, Dr. Hill learned that the program had been terminated, all evidence was to be destroyed, and the baby known only then as SKT-17 (she affectionately called him "Scott") was to be eliminated. Having recently lost her own child due to the actions of a drunk driver who also claimed the life of Dr. Hill's husband, she could not stand the thought that this child who she began to see as her own, could be killed. She stole the child from the laboratory which created him, and fled to the north. She gave the child to a trusted friend, Jacob Morse and his young bride Elizabeth. Soon after, Dr. Hill was tracked down by agents of the government unit and killed. Jacob and Elizabeth took the young baby, and continued calling him Scott as they felt that there would be no need to change his name, seeing as that is what Dr. Hill had called him his whole life.

Scott was raised by the Morse's as one of their own children. He always knew that he was different, that he had these abilities, but he never understood why. As his powers developed throughout his childhood, he became increasingly confused and angry. This was a cause for concern for his parents, because they never understood exactly why their son was this way. Eventually he learned to deal with his gifts. At first he used his gifts for selfish reasons, often profiting from using them dishonestly (mostly in athletic bets). However, after an incident which left his brother crippled, he began using his abilities to help people. He went on to Lost Haven University graduating with a dual degree in history and education, and went on to be one of the more popular teachers at Lost Haven's Sherman High School. It was soon after his arrival in Lost Haven that he would take up the mantle of Icon, and would become one of the world's greatest heroes. After Thwarting an alien invasion along side a ragtag group of heroes, he would form the Superhero team known as The Guardians. However, the public's trust of the new team faltered with the help of the government organization known as S.T.R.I.K.E and its director, Alexander Anderson, who had staged several "meta human attacks" across the city, which led in the director consolidating his power. Eventually,
the director was taken down by Isaac Fontaine, aka The Vigilante, but not before he had released his failsafe upon the city, a genetically engineered monster known as Endgame. Icon was able to stop the beast after a long battle that destroyed entire blocks of the city, causing billions of dollars in damage and cost the lives of dozens of citizens. However, his victory came at a price, as Icon himself died soon after due to injuries that he sustained in the battle.

Hero Type:
Muscle

Power Level :
World Level

Powers: Flight, near invulnerability, super strength, super speed, able to fire "hot" kinetic blasts from his hands, and an almost radar sense that allows him to focus in on people in distress, enhanced hearing, and the ability to fire focused energy beams of varying degrees from his eyes (optic blasts).

Attributes :

Strength Level: 100 tons

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 100 MPH, or faster in flight

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 4 hours
Agility: 10X Human level.

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Untrained

Resources: Average

Weaknesses : While nearly invulnerable, will succumb to enough punishment. Does get overconfident in his abilities. Is susceptible to mind control

Supporting Characters:
Jacob Morse-Father
Elizabeth Morse-Mother
Jennifer Morse-Little Sister (deceased)
Brandon Morse-Older Brother
Lisa Thomas-Former girlfriend (deceased)
Eric Dean-Friend
Keira Parker-girlfriend
Amber Tobin- friend
various patrons, police, criminals and allies all will be described when used

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:
iconredesign1pw7.png
yes

APPROVED!

Understand however, that Shape's posts may be occurring further in the future than my own... entirely because of my own slovenly pace.

My posts are still occurring within 24 hours of the start of the season. Now THAT is decompression!

And because I'm such a monumental c**t I'll follow up that emotional post which gave us life and renewed hope, with death and failure.

And with that...I'm back. Let's get this going again!

I'm still in this game too... I'm sorry for being monstrously slow, but I'm still working on it.

I'm still in this game too... I'm sorry for being monstrously slow, but I'm still working on it.

No worries. And actually...hit me up on PM later on, I have a couple things I'd like you to work into your arc. Just some of the stuff we'd talked about before

Post is up, I kind of ran out of time so I'll add another post most likely tonight to finish off what I wanted to do.

Have been chipping away on a post in another of the RPGs for... a shamefully long period of time (and have scrapped my efforts and started over more times than I'm comfortable admitting) but I intend to spend tomorrow getting us one post closer to wrapping up this damned zombie solo arc.

Should only be one or two posts left to it anyway.

Hey guys,

I have finals this week so I may not be all that active as far as posting goes. I was going to try to get something up over the weekend, but I haven't been in much of a posting mood since the school shooting in Ct (which is relatively close to me. I'll probably have something up by the end of the week

I was hoping to get some posts in today before work...but plans changed and I have to go in earlier than expected and won't be home til late. I should have some stuff up tomorrow

Post is up...because, ya know...I have nothing else to do on Christmas Eve...

My Christmas Die Hard is coming, so hopefully that'll inspire me to wrap this thing up... or at least get close to it.

Hey guys, I should have something up either tomorrow or Sunday.

I'm also thinking of getting a recruitment thread in the Approval/General forum. See if we can't get some more life into this game

Hey guys, I was going to try and get a post up tonight, but I'm not going to be able to afterall.

I'll get at least one up in the next couple of days, most likely Friday.

Maybe you guys will get some up between now and then too? :oldrazz:

Planned to get apost up yesterday, and then again today but I ended up getting a alittle sick, and then had to work today. I sat down to post tonight and I'm actually falling asleep while I'm sitting here. I'll get one up tomorrow though

OK....so I got a quick post up. I'll have some more up soon, and an announcement is coming, probably tomorrow

Hey guys,

Announcement time...

As I'm sure you've noticed, this game is not active at all. It is true the this has traditionally been a slower moving game, however there have always been a number of players to get into the game to keep it moving. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Hound and I have been talking, and we came up with an idea to hopefully get some new players involved. Basically, we're going to come up with a clear jumping on point for new players to enter the game. I'll paste Hound's idea here...

Was thinking, maybe I should wrap up the arc I'm currently doing. We give MST3K time to wrap up his arc since we've caught him in the middle of an arc and then (presuming Shape wouldn't mind since I haven't discussed anything with him yet) he could write summaries of events from the earlier seasons. I could do the same with the later ones (so I'm not burying him in a ton of work without carrying any load myself) and then re-start at a good clear jumping on point for everybody.

I'm loathe to just bin all of the work that everyone's done since more than any other RPG the CAH is the total sum of its posters' creativity. I wouldn't say never, but I'd rather try other avenues before going with a full re-boot. Hopefully if we can give people enough clear information into continuity it'll be easier to jump on board. Make it less intimidating. Easier to follow along.

Once we have a clear jumping on point, I might try something that I had a shot at earlier (if Shape approves), in page-in-a-post summaries. If this works out how I'm seeing it, it'll mean we can get 4 seasons (maybe 3 and a half is closer to the point so far) of the RPG down to about 2 or 4 posts and then from that each page down to an individual post.

Another thing we've been discussing is moving the game to another, more active RPG board. This would be a fresh restart, basically a whole new game. We'll be using the same format as here, and even the same apps. You guys will be able to bring your characters over to the new game.

Even if we move to a new board, I'd try to keep this game running until the end of the season, and then just keep going from the new board.

But I wanted to get your thoughts first.

I think moving to a new board might be our best option, as it looks like the basement is about dead. Other games have already been moving and they seem to be going alright. We do have a board, which we'll post the link to when the time comes.

Hey guys, just to let you know, Hound and I have decided to move this game over to another site. The new site is much more active and we have a lot of new players over there. The game has been rebooted from scratch, but some of the old standby's are there, Icon, Kensei, Vigilante and Blacklight.
Here's the OOC thread for the new game if you're interested. http://roleplayerguild.com/showthread.php?187803-Create-A-Hero-OOC

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"